Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#120 : February 19, 2013, 07:48:59 AM

The only bad thing here is NY has sickly strict gun laws....ask Plaxico.

This is it.

Many professional athletes carry guns, I don't blame them. What people have to start understanding is that when you are crossing state lines, the laws change. I'm not sure bringing a loaded gun to any airport is a great decision but NY is under the moronic idea that making guns less accessible to people following the law will stop the pyscho's from buying out of the back of someone's trunk and shooting people.

Cars kill a lot of people every year, maybe we should outlaw cars. DWI kills a lot of people, maybe we should outlaw alcohol. Tobacco kills a lot of people, maybe we should.....wait, that one can stay, to much tax money to be made here.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#121 : February 19, 2013, 07:53:49 AM

This is it.

Many professional athletes carry guns, I don't blame them. What people have to start understanding is that when you are crossing state lines, the laws change. I'm not sure bringing a loaded gun to any airport is a great decision but NY is under the moronic idea that making guns less accessible to people following the law will stop the pyscho's from buying out of the back of someone's trunk and shooting people.

Cars kill a lot of people every year, maybe we should outlaw cars. DWI kills a lot of people, maybe we should outlaw alcohol. Tobacco kills a lot of people, maybe we should.....wait, that one can stay, to much tax money to be made here.

Well said. It really is ridiculous when you think about it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#122 : February 19, 2013, 08:04:26 AM

Cars kill a lot of people every year, maybe we should outlaw cars.

I'm so tired of hearing this. It's so **CENSORED**ing stupid. Were cars designed to kill people? No. Neither were baseball bats or knifes. And when was the last time someone used a car, or a bat, or a knife to go into a public place and kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds? People have to stop with the dumb ass comparisons. Guns are a unique invention that change human history. They were made for one purpose, and that is to kill. They do not compare to anything else. Just stop.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#123 : February 19, 2013, 08:09:32 AM

Cars kill a lot of people every year, maybe we should outlaw cars.

I'm so tired of hearing this. It's so **CENSORED**ing stupid. Were cars designed to kill people? No. Neither were baseball bats or knifes. And when was the last time someone used a car, or a bat, or a knife to go into a public place and kill dozens of people in a matter of seconds? People have to stop with the dumb ass comparisons. Guns are a unique invention that change human history. They were made for one purpose, and that is to kill. They do not compare to anything else. Just stop.

The point is there are many things we all interact with on a daily basis that can kill or hurt people. All of them have goods and bads. We need to stop focusing on the tools people use and start focusing on the people. Yes, I agree, it's not a great comparison but it serves the point that many things kill a large number of Americans every year, including knifes. Guns are dangerous, cars are dangerous. I grew up around guns, I was a target shooter when I was younger. At this point in my life I do not own a gun. But if you think that taking the gun out of that CT home was going to stop that young man from doing something very dumb and trying to hurt a lot of people, you are severely mistaken. Bad people are bad people and will do whatever they have to if they decide someone needs to pay for their position in life.

Like all laws, they only affect the people who follow them and therefore only punish those. If shooting someone is a legitimate option for you, buy a gun illegally or possessing one isn't a big deal. When are we going to understand this?
: February 19, 2013, 08:14:44 AM BucNY

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#124 : February 19, 2013, 08:16:39 AM

This is it.

Well said. It really is ridiculous when you think about it.

It's sad, I do believe Bowers is a good guy. He'll get his name run through the mud, people will be talking about him like he's pac man jones.

- Everyone

BucNtears

Second String

#125 : February 19, 2013, 08:17:13 AM

Simply stupid, what the hell was he thinking.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#126 : February 19, 2013, 08:21:19 AM

Probably thinking, I have a license for my gun so i'm good to go.

- Everyone

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#127 : February 19, 2013, 08:24:48 AM

I have a licence AND I'm telling trhe cops about the gun not trying to hide it...I mean no one is dumb enough to arrest me for something like that right?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucNtears

Second String

#128 : February 19, 2013, 08:25:33 AM

Agreed, from my understanding, you can travel with a handgun has long as the bullets are located in a separate bag... not a separate carry on and or you simply can not travel with bullets what so ever. Meaning you can purchase bullets upon arriving to your destination.
: February 19, 2013, 08:27:23 AM BucNtears

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#129 : February 19, 2013, 08:32:33 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can take a "loaded" gun on any plane in any state. This was his carry on bag! They don't even let you take a bottle of Pepsi on the plane!

In this instance, the TSA (feds) trumps the state. What he did was idiotic. The state just has harsher penalties than other states but that doesn't make what he did go away, the whole thing is stupid.

BucNtears

Second String

#130 : February 19, 2013, 08:34:31 AM

I should have said, check in baggage.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#131 : February 19, 2013, 08:37:54 AM

It doesn't matter if he told the airline about the gun. There is no reason to be carrying a loaded gun around and I'm assuming he doesn't have a license to carry. Therefore he deserves to be held accountable, sadly.

He is licensed and the gun wasn't loaded in any sense you and I would recognize as loaded.

The report I read said "loaded".
Loaded according to NY state law which means the bullets were in the same carry-on bag, not in the gun itself.

Interesting.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#132 : February 19, 2013, 09:23:22 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can take a "loaded" gun on any plane in any state. This was his carry on bag! They don't even let you take a bottle of Pepsi on the plane!

In this instance, the TSA (feds) trumps the state. What he did was idiotic. The state just has harsher penalties than other states but that doesn't make what he did go away, the whole thing is stupid.

How many times do we need to go over the loaded by the definition of the state of NY doesn't mean bullets in the gun?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#133 : February 19, 2013, 09:30:12 AM

At least 2 more times.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

ufcguy32

Starter

#134 : February 19, 2013, 10:18:39 AM

someone should be reporting he didnt truly have it loaded. its alot of bull**CENSORED** to me
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools