Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#150 : February 19, 2013, 12:55:21 PM

This seems to apply.

http://www.newyorkcriminallawyer-blog.com/2012/11/new-york-gun-possession-lawyers-get-dismissal-in-loaded-firearm-possession-arrest.html

Good news.  Thanks for the link.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#151 : February 19, 2013, 12:56:37 PM

"After a full and fair investigation of the facts and circumstances regarding this registered firearm Mr. Bowers will be fully exonerated,'' attorney Dennis Coppin wrote in an email to The Tribune on Tuesday.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#152 : February 19, 2013, 01:06:59 PM

Honest mistake - he's not a moron like Talib and Wright.

Why risk it though? You get paid millions. I would leave that **CENSORED** at home haha.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#153 : February 19, 2013, 01:06:59 PM

Goiod reporting Bucs4eva.  Thanks.

Lawyer's office say a "walk."

Tightness of gun law leads to many arrests and Queens' DA reasonable.

Seems like a good lesson will be learned by all.

Besides Bowers is  too big to really need a gun

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#154 : February 19, 2013, 01:07:43 PM

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen

"2 things becoming clear in today's reporting on Bowers: 1) This happens ALL the time in NY airports 2) Queens DA is very reasonable on these"

spartan

Hall of Famer
#155 : February 19, 2013, 01:57:51 PM

One thing that has not been mentioned, and it is pure speculation on my part, and that is New York has just had a radical overhaul of it's gun laws of late. Bowers could have been following a process he has used before only to fall foul of some new statute. So, all the "dumbass" comments might be a little premature.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#156 : February 19, 2013, 02:29:22 PM

@HolderStephen: NYC criminal attorneys I talked to were very optimistic DaQuan Bowers can come out of this favorably: http://t.co/062enhJ9 #Bucs

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#157 : February 19, 2013, 02:36:39 PM

So much for doing the right thing. Buccaneers DE DeQuan Bowers travels to NY from NC. WHile in NY he realizes he has a loaded pistol in his carry-on. A registered pistol that he forgot to leave in SC. He brings the mistake to the Airlines attention rather than go through security and get caught.

For his honesty Bowers gets arrested. and charged with a felony. Where is the common sense in Law Enforcement. I guess it's just another notch for the NYPD. We got another athlete.

Yes Bowers was stupid. but was it a crime. That's a grey area IMO.

My bigger question would be how did Bowers get from SC to NY? Did he fly and if he did, why wasn't the weapon found then.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#158 : February 19, 2013, 02:36:42 PM

One thing that has not been mentioned, and it is pure speculation on my part, and that is New York has just had a radical overhaul of it's gun laws of late. Bowers could have been following a process he has used before only to fall foul of some new statute. So, all the "dumbass" comments might be a little premature.

Nope - the ove haul was for New Yor State law, not NYC.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#159 : February 19, 2013, 03:20:35 PM

So much for doing the right thing. Buccaneers DE DeQuan Bowers travels to NY from NC. WHile in NY he realizes he has a loaded pistol in his carry-on. A registered pistol that he forgot to leave in SC. He brings the mistake to the Airlines attention rather than go through security and get caught.

For his honesty Bowers gets arrested. and charged with a felony. Where is the common sense in Law Enforcement. I guess it's just another notch for the NYPD. We got another athlete.

My bigger question would be how did Bowers get from SC to NY? Did he fly and if he did, why wasn't the weapon found then.

Walking into LGA with a firearm definitely shows his ineptitude in regards to the issue. If I am travelling anywhere and thinking about taking my pistol with me, I am making damn sure I know the basics of what my allowances are when I get there, and if its worth even taking it with me. Should he be punished for ineptitude? Probably not....but did his ineptitude lead him to break the law? Seems that is the case. He very well may get off with a slap on the wrist, and hopefully he(and others) learn from this...wouldn't hold my breath though.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#160 : February 19, 2013, 04:06:38 PM

Walking into LGA with a firearm definitely shows his ineptitude in regards to the issue. If I am travelling anywhere and thinking about taking my pistol with me, I am making damn sure I know the basics of what my allowances are when I get there, and if its worth even taking it with me. Should he be punished for ineptitude? Probably not....but did his ineptitude lead him to break the law? Seems that is the case. He very well may get off with a slap on the wrist, and hopefully he(and others) learn from this...wouldn't hold my breath though.

OK....is that REALLY what took place?  Media gets stuff wrong all the time and I for one, do not believe everything that I read.  I was not the guy on the ground.  You are not the guy on the ground.  So how about lets give a guy a chance to explain before you start calling him all these names.  He is still only 22/23 and wet behind the ears.  It is not illegal to own a gun in America.  It is not illegal to transport own on a plane.  Both have stipulations so lets wait until we all know what transpired first.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#161 : February 19, 2013, 04:32:03 PM

OK....is that REALLY what took place?  Media gets stuff wrong all the time and I for one, do not believe everything that I read.  I was not the guy on the ground.  You are not the guy on the ground.  So how about lets give a guy a chance to explain before you start calling him all these names.  He is still only 22/23 and wet behind the ears.  It is not illegal to own a gun in America.  It is not illegal to transport own on a plane.  Both have stipulations so lets wait until we all know what transpired first.

Did he not get arrested? I wasn't really calling him names. I said he was inept when it came to this issue, which I think there is evidence by him being arrested for breaking the law.

Sure, there are cases where people are arrested when they shouldn't have been, but this doesn't seem to be the case here. I personally think that the authorities were just following protocol, rather than that they were out to get Da'Quan. If you want to think otherwise, then have at it.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#162 : February 19, 2013, 04:51:46 PM

Yes, he did get arrested for having a firearm in LGA.  There is no disputing that at all and I am sure the guy feels horrible about it.

The point I am trying to make is that people on this and other threads...not specifically you...are calling this guy out his name.  In a lot of states throughout America this is not a crime and maybe (again, not the guy on the ground, I do not have eyes on target) perhaps he was asking for advice of what to do which is what sparked the situation.  Speculation on my part but thats par for the course.

Should he have known all gun laws in which he was transporting his firearm, yes.  As a responsible gun owner he should have done his research to avoid this outcome as each state law varies gun ownership and and gun rights'.  I am not a gun activist but I do believe in my 2nd amendment right to bear arms.  But its a catch 22 because there are people with CCP's that I would not trust with a butter knife.  Yet they followed protocol and laws to own. 
So I guess in some way I believe in reform for those that wish to own but have no idea the responsibility it takes to own which can never be taught especially at the age of ownership because its too late.

Point is I was not the guy on the ground nor was anyone else on PR boards so lets go off the established record DE Bowers has and draw our conclusion from good soldiering rather than an untested tribulation.

gr8ful87

Practice Squad
#163 : February 19, 2013, 04:59:53 PM

Spartan_ The new laws passed are not what he was charged with. If he had a high cap gun they could have thrown that at him as well. Their new capacity is 7 rds.
The law in ny is a gun is loaded if ammo is in close proximity. Speculation on my part he may have had it unloaded, by almost every other states definition, in a locked case? If he took it with him that is the only way to get it on the plane.
I know when I take mine, which I do not anymore, this is the process. Its a pain in the rear. Most agents dont even want to look they just call over tsa. Then they want to look at all my gear in the airport. NOt to check mind you but to admire. Royal pain,But it is what it is. I just dont travel very often with them unless I am going to an shooting event.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#164 : February 19, 2013, 05:43:43 PM

Yes, he did get arrested for having a firearm in LGA.  There is no disputing that at all and I am sure the guy feels horrible about it.

The point I am trying to make is that people on this and other threads...not specifically you...are calling this guy out his name.  In a lot of states throughout America this is not a crime and maybe (again, not the guy on the ground, I do not have eyes on target) perhaps he was asking for advice of what to do which is what sparked the situation.  Speculation on my part but thats par for the course.

Should he have known all gun laws in which he was transporting his firearm, yes.  As a responsible gun owner he should have done his research to avoid this outcome as each state law varies gun ownership and and gun rights'.  I am not a gun activist but I do believe in my 2nd amendment right to bear arms.  But its a catch 22 because there are people with CCP's that I would not trust with a butter knife.  Yet they followed protocol and laws to own. 
So I guess in some way I believe in reform for those that wish to own but have no idea the responsibility it takes to own which can never be taught especially at the age of ownership because its too late.

Point is I was not the guy on the ground nor was anyone else on PR boards so lets go off the established record DE Bowers has and draw our conclusion from good soldiering rather than an untested tribulation.

Sir, I implore you....please take that sound sober logic elsewhere...you are single-handedly destroying the very fabric of a Red Board discussion!
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools