Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#195 : February 20, 2013, 10:01:43 AM

Get a clue, TBT, and take a course in college ethics... ::)

Wow. The stupidity is palpable.
Wow the guy that can't argue the point and instead resorts to immature name calling is daring to call others stupid, what a shocker.

I don't know if you caught my sarcasm or saw my previous post that said I agree with you. I was defending you and referring to the point about the "genocide" as stupidity.
Sorry, I was in and out of threads and lost track of who said what, my bad.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#196 : February 20, 2013, 10:13:42 AM

Get a clue, TBT, and take a course in college ethics... ::)

Wow. The stupidity is palpable.
Wow the guy that can't argue the point and instead resorts to immature name calling is daring to call others stupid, what a shocker.

I don't know if you caught my sarcasm or saw my previous post that said I agree with you. I was defending you and referring to the point about the "genocide" as stupidity.

There is an extreme irony in you stating that something taught in higher education constitutes stupidity.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#197 : February 20, 2013, 10:25:30 AM

Demand a refund from your current educational institution. They seem to not be serving you very well.

Comparing what TBT said to genocide is extremely erroneous.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#198 : February 20, 2013, 10:31:21 AM

Demand a refund from your current educational institution. They seem to not be serving you very well.

Comparing what TBT said to genocide is extremely erroneous.

They were actually referencing the "Letter from a Birmingham Jail" by MLK Jr., where he was giving examples of unjust laws in his letter.  One of those examples was Germany under Hitler.

So if you believe one of the greatest civil rights leaders in human history is extremely erroneous, that's too bad.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#199 : February 20, 2013, 10:40:53 AM

Your comparison was erroneous. Don't deflect.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#200 : February 20, 2013, 10:54:50 AM

Please feel free to give your own example of a comparable unjust law so we can understand your point of view and reasoning.

Making an empty statement without elaborating on your reasoning does not give you much credibility in an argument.

So far, all you've said are thing like it's stupid and don't deflect.  Not much substance.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#201 : February 20, 2013, 11:07:25 AM

Can we get back to the topic, instead of arguing over who's johnson is bigger?

As more details emerge it appears that this may not have even been a case of absent mindedness. From what I've read his girlfriend surprised him with a trip to NYC. When I think about what goes into a surprise I imagine is girlfriend packing his bags for him and dropping the surprise on him the day of the flight. It's entirely possible that she did not recognize that their was a weapon or weapon case in his luggage. Obviously the gun was not in his carry on when he left from Charlotte on the flight to NYC, possibly it was in his checked luggage? Reports say he informed authorities as to the weapon when he arived at the airport. Now this is what you'd want to see him do. The report says that he had it in his carry on, but again reading between the lines you can imagine that once he found the weapon in NYC instead of leaving in his baggage to be checked and possible found which would lead to more trouble, he carried it in his carry on with the intent to report it to the authorities, which he did do. Now these are assumptions, but based on the information that has come out it just adds up once you fill in the gaps of what most likely occured. The real question mark is how the weapon failed to be identified on the out bound flight from Charlotte, I can only chalk that up to human error, somebody missed it. Had they found it in Charlotte we wouldn't be here hoping that the knuckhead prosecutors in NY don't decide to make an "example" out of Bowers. SMH.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#202 : February 20, 2013, 11:24:57 AM

if his girlfriend packed his bags and didnt notice a .40 she needs to be given jailtime!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#203 : February 20, 2013, 11:32:31 AM

if his girlfriend packed his bags and didnt notice a .40 she needs to be given jailtime!

Depends on the type of luggage. A typical suitcase has all types of side pockets and inside compartments. A real high quality suitcase has even more places to put a weapon. I'm just saying it's possible if this was really a mistake. The real question to me is how did it make it out of charlotte to begin with? Here's what would've happened had he checked the weapon at just about any other state in the US: http://www2.tbo.com/news/bucs/2013/feb/19/10/bucs-player-wouldnt-have-been-arrested-for-gun-at-ar-638681/

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#204 : February 20, 2013, 11:48:20 AM

Depends on the type of luggage. A typical suitcase has all types of side pockets and inside compartments. A real high quality suitcase has even more places to put a weapon. I'm just saying it's possible if this was really a mistake. The real question to me is how did it make it out of charlotte to begin with?

a typical suitcase isnt a very good carryon.  i definitely think it was really a mistake.  but gun owners need to be more careful.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#205 : February 20, 2013, 11:57:25 AM

Depends on the type of luggage. A typical suitcase has all types of side pockets and inside compartments. A real high quality suitcase has even more places to put a weapon. I'm just saying it's possible if this was really a mistake. The real question to me is how did it make it out of charlotte to begin with?

a typical suitcase isnt a very good carryon.  i definitely think it was really a mistake.  but gun owners need to be more careful.

I agree, gun owners should be more educated. But the guns laws don't really require people to educate themselves, it's a shame really. I'm assuming that he had checked baggage in addition to the carry on. Just an assumption becase I can't see the weapon making it thru security in the carry on on the flight to NYC.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#206 : February 20, 2013, 11:59:12 AM

I agree, gun owners should be more educated. But the guns laws don't really require people to educate themselves, it's a shame really. I'm assuming that he had checked baggage in addition to the carry on. Just an assumption becase I can't see the weapon making it thru security in the carry on on the flight to NYC.

im not sure we will ever really find out how the gun got to NY.  unless of course its a lawyer answer.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#207 : February 20, 2013, 12:19:49 PM

im not sure we will ever really find out how the gun got to NY.  unless of course its a lawyer answer.

You're probably right, but it's a question that needs to be answered. He flew into NYC from somewhere, I'm guessing from Charlotte since that was his return destination or possibly it was just a connecting fligh back to Tampa. Either way the weapon was in his luggage on the trip out. Who screwed up and let it get past security? He is to blame for having the weapon in luggae to begin with, mistake or not, but the gun should have never made it to NYC. There's a serious security flaw somewhere.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#208 : February 20, 2013, 12:48:39 PM

Bingo!  This is hilarious.  Question for all of the "honest mistake" people....would you be okay if he made an "honest mistake" and forgot about his gun at OBP in a bag with children around???  Bottom line, if this guy can accidentally bring a gun to an airport please explain to me how this couldn't happen in much worse circumstances.  I think we are lucky this isn't a worse story.

Can we all agree that he needs to take "gun ownership" more seriously.  Again, I'd be okay with taking away his permits and licenses.  Accidents and ignorance is how people die.  Too many idiots either possess a firearm or too many guin owners don't take their ownership serious enough.  Gun owners want to talk about "people" not guns..well...you screw up like this then take your guns away.  What's wrong with that?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#209 : February 20, 2013, 01:01:11 PM

Gee,  looks like th RB has clearly beaten this to death.

Shocking really.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools