Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#255 : April 11, 2013, 11:52:29 PM

A discussion filled with speculation would look like this...

IF, Bowers does jail time, how do you think the Bucs will handle it?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#256 : April 11, 2013, 11:55:25 PM

WTF?

Bowers has never seemed like an idiot or a thug....but how else do you explain this?

Just wow.

I guess this changes off season plans. There is no debate about DE being a huge need now.

I'm just blown away. How can he be that stupid? I mean he seems like such a good person and intelligent....I just don't understand.

Seems like this will definitely force our hand in taking a DE in the 1st or getting some sort of an upgrade through FA/trade.

You're right, Dal. No one jumped to conclusions.  ::)

Seriously, why people feel the need to speak in certain terms without all of the facts is beyond me. Sometimes you have to let things play out. That said, this is definitely good news and it seems like the front office had a little more info on how this would play out than the rest of us. Imagine that.

Again, based on the info at the time, translation people saying this was a mandatory with no room for pleaing down, what other analysis can you give? This wasn't MB type saying he was toast, the legal minds that looked at it said he was toast for at least a year.

Apparently those in the "know" saying that there was no getting out of this charge didn't have all the facts. Christ, do people really not understand how wrong the media can be?

I think that some folks on this board jump at the opportunity to relish in negativity.

With some here negativity is all they are about.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#257 : April 11, 2013, 11:57:34 PM

Dal and Finky alias Salmon Fisherman:  I have no argument with either of you.  Love Finky for his passion.

BUT you must realize that in every case involving the State, ALL the initial information comes from the State, and this is all the newspapers have to report, so you get a picture that is against the defendant.   Meanwhile the defense wants to reveal nothing and plays its cards c lose to the vest.

Just don't let a newspaper reporter who,has to write an article daily, suck you in. 

Trial by newspaper is an age old trick of the prosecutor.

In Talib's case,the fact that the police,who knew all the facts, didn't arrest Talib till one week later, should have alerted you that something was amiss.  In contrast the police stuck the boyfriend  in jail the same nite.

Lastly the Talib case is CLOSED.  There will be no further opening of the case because of a stray bullet.  Ask yourself how you know there even was such a bullet and you are immediately back to the boyfriend, who is doing all he can to stay out of prison, where he has already spent much time.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#258 : April 12, 2013, 12:15:50 AM

It is called a discussion.  It will contain angles from everywhere.  It isn't just a black and white opinion board.  That would be so Manti Teo.  It is a grey message board.  Which is awesome like Italian food, or Clay Mathews.

If Bowers got jail time, Dominick would've gotten flame-sprayed. Rightfully so. However, there would've been about 30 pages of "I told you so's", which is what most of this crap is about anyway. BS, message board posturing.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#259 : April 12, 2013, 12:25:23 AM

The bucs have a bazillion lawyers (who else do you think sues their fans for them?)

One, or a few of them, knew what the outcome was going to be and mark listened. After all, no violent act was committed and it was his first run in with the law from my understanding.

I didn't think he would get out of it, as ny's laws are evil, but I'm glad he didn't get time behind bars. He wouldn't have deserved it if he did.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#260 : April 12, 2013, 12:30:21 AM

It is called a discussion.  It will contain angles from everywhere.  It isn't just a black and white opinion board.  That would be so Manti Teo.  It is a grey message board.  Which is awesome like Italian food, or Clay Mathews.

If Bowers got jail time, Dominick would've gotten flame-sprayed. Rightfully so. However, there would've been about 30 pages of "I told you so's", which is what most of this crap is about anyway. BS, message board posturing.
why should MD get "flame-sprayed" if he had gotten jail time?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#261 : April 12, 2013, 12:42:25 AM

why should MD get "flame-sprayed" if he had gotten jail time?

If there was no evidence that Bowers could end up getting the charges reduced, and Dominick didn't take measures to address that possibility then he wouldn't have demonstrated the foresight and planning ability requisite of an NFL GM. Hence the flame-spray.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#262 : April 12, 2013, 08:30:42 PM

A discussion filled with speculation would look like this...

IF, Bowers does jail time, how do you think the Bucs will handle it?

harsh and swift
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools