Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

: February 18, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

@RCummingsTBO: Bucs DE Da'Quan Bowers arrested at LaGuardia Airport for allegedly carrying a loaded handgun in his luggage, NBC News NY reports

Wow.. How dumb can you be?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 18, 2013, 05:27:10 PM

while dumb, this is probably the best way to get arrested imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 18, 2013, 05:34:40 PM

He is not playing this season.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 18, 2013, 05:35:21 PM

He is not playing this season.

why not?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 18, 2013, 05:41:18 PM

Grey Bar Motel for Daquan.  What a dumbazz.

SMH.  Just a dumbazz.  He is lost for a few seasons.  Bucs might release him outright if they can verify what happened.

Looks like the BUcs are in the hunt for some DE help!!

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 18, 2013, 05:46:06 PM

SMH.  Just a dumbazz.  He is lost for a few seasons.  Bucs might release him outright if they can verify what happened.

Do you know how many people get off on this all the time? A lot. The is a church mouse, he doesn't have any type of record. Probably didn't know he could carry the gun or forgot it was in the carry on.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 18, 2013, 05:50:26 PM

Do you know how many people get off on this all the time? A lot. The is a church mouse, he doesn't have any type of record. Probably didn't know he could carry the gun or forgot it was in the carry on.
In NY? I am not sure how many get off.  But I know NY is not a place you want to mess around and make ANY mistake regarding a gun.  In other states, I can see it being a fine and some probabtion.  But in NY, it sounds like a felony.  It is made that way to make people very concious of the fact there is a weapon of death at their disposal, and as such, it needs to be treated with the utmost respect 24/7.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 18, 2013, 05:56:55 PM

While very stupid, this happens more often than you think. The problem is many people carry their guns in a bag to go to the range and leave them in there. Then, later they pack for a trip and said gun is still in a pocket or under something and you forget.

One issue that I thought of was how did the gun get to NY in the first place? Did he buy it up there and then try to take it on the plane or did he take it up and get through security and then on the way back it got picked up. FL concealed permits are not valid in NY. Does he have a concealed firearms license? Was it in a case of some kind?

Anyway, there are lots of questions to be asked but I chalk this up to a mistake. Bowers has no history and while it is stupid and as a gun owner you must know where your firearm is at all times, I doubt this is a deal breaker for the Bucs. He will probably be heavily fined but I doubt he ends up facing any jail time.
: February 18, 2013, 05:58:32 PM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 18, 2013, 06:06:45 PM

In NY? I am not sure how many get off.  But I know NY is not a place you want to mess around and make ANY mistake regarding a gun.  In other states, I can see it being a fine and some probabtion.  But in NY, it sounds like a felony.  It is made that way to make people very concious of the fact there is a weapon of death at their disposal, and as such, it needs to be treated with the utmost respect 24/7.

The gun wasn't concealed though, it was packed in his bag. He's not from NY and obviously doesn't know the law. Personally I feel this is why gun laws should e universal across all states. The stuff can be very confusing for someone like him who meant to harm. he doesn't deserve to be locked up.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 18, 2013, 06:12:28 PM

Having a gun in a bag is considered concealed. If the gun is on or about your person...it is considered concealed. Also by law...if you have a concealed permit...you have to keep the gun on or about your person. If you have it in a bag and are near the bag...fine. If you are eating with a friend and leave the bag with the friend and go the the restroom...the gun is no longer on or about your person and you are breaking the law and can be arrested. If it is locked in a case in the bag...that might be another issue here in FL. I forget that rule exactly. With that said, gun rules do vary from state to state and if you travel with a firearm you better read up on the state laws where you are traveling. I do know that a FL concealed weapons permit is not valid in NY. It is in something like 30+ other states.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 18, 2013, 06:15:56 PM

He alerted authorities at La Guardia of his pistol. Whew!

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 18, 2013, 06:31:04 PM

He alerted authorities at La Guardia of his pistol. Whew!

What exactly does that mean? This whole thing is sketchy. What kind of clown tries to bring a handgun on a plane now-a-days?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 18, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

He shouldn't have said anything . They would have passed him by to randomly frisk the 82 year old woman behind him.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools