Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BOWERS BUSTED ON WEAPONS CHARGE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 18, 2013, 09:04:43 PM

Doing some more digging it appears his best chance to avoid 3.5 is to pray the charge is reduced from 2nd degree to 3rd. Even then 80% still see time behind bars but usually no more than one year. I spoke to the NYC police officer who off the record told me this isn't good and also implied that the law was BS.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 18, 2013, 09:10:18 PM

He won't spend 3.5 years in prison.  I will surprised if he spends anytime in jail but people need to be more careful.  They need to be more educated about their gun(s).

IDK man, Plaxico did 2 years was it?  I believe it was the same charge?  And I am sure he had access to high powered lawyers also.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 18, 2013, 09:12:04 PM

I just can't fathom how some people can be so stupid

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

skipper

Rookie

#18 : February 18, 2013, 09:46:39 PM

Dumb liberal NY laws strike again.
Yeah Dumb laws, lets have people walking on board airliners with a loaded pistols. How idiotic of the NY Airport security to stop a man from boarding with a loaded weapon.
Lets face it, Bowers must have a brain the size of a pea to try and carry a loaded weapon on board a commercial airliner.
: February 18, 2013, 09:53:18 PM skipper

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 18, 2013, 09:50:22 PM

Yeah Dumb laws, lets have people walking on board airliners with a loaded pistols. How idiotic of the NY Airport security to stop a man from boarding with a loaded weapon.
Lets face it, Bowers must have a brain the size of a pea to try and carry a loaded weapon on board a commercial plane.

From what I have heard, he volunteered the information.  That he was carrying.   Sometimes being honest is not the best policy.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 18, 2013, 09:51:48 PM

Lets face it, Bowers must have a brain the size of a pea to try and carry a loaded weapon on board a commercial plane.

From what I have heard, he volunteered the information.  That he was carrying.   Sometimes being honest is not the best policy.

Or ignorance?  Is that what you are saying?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 18, 2013, 10:01:12 PM

Or ignorance?  Is that what you are saying?

He most likely thought...hey I told you about it....no problem right?       SMH

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 18, 2013, 10:04:09 PM

Lets face it, Bowers must have a brain the size of a pea to try and carry a loaded weapon on board a commercial airliner.

The law to keep guns off planes isn't dumb , per se , but the level of punishment is.

Bowers is not a menace to society , he did nothing with malicious intent , he has no prior criminal record. He's a guy who made a dumb mistake. He doesn't deserve to go to jail for ANY amount of time.

It's a waste of New York tax payers to put someone like him in jail for an extended period , and frankly it seems pretty tyrannical.
: February 18, 2013, 10:08:46 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 18, 2013, 10:06:13 PM

The law to keep guns off planes isn't dumb , per se , but the level of punishment is.

Bowers is not a menace to society , he's a guy who made a dumb mistake. He doesn't deserve to go to jail for ANY amount of time.

This precisely. Fine the guy to give him a "reminder" for the future but he's obviously not a danger and had no ill intent.  This isn't a jailable offense. Heck, I'm betting people who mug you in NYC don't get mandatory 3.5 years.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DailyRich68

Starter
#24 : February 18, 2013, 10:06:34 PM

I'm wondering if he didn't do the exact same thing on the flight that took him to New York and encountered no problems, and so got blind-sided when NYC went, "Oh, really, about that."

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 18, 2013, 10:10:01 PM

I'm wondering if he didn't do the exact same thing on the flight that took him to New York and encountered no problems, and so got blind-sided when NYC went, "Oh, really, about that."

I suspect he packed in his checked bag on the way up and then forgot to put it in there on the way back. best guess. As long as it is in checked bags there's no issue.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#26 : February 18, 2013, 10:17:46 PM

Did he possess the gun illegally?  I know it's not illegal to own a gun but I wonder if he got it through illegal means and that's the major issue here.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 18, 2013, 10:21:16 PM

Bowers is not a menace to society , he's a guy who made a dumb mistake. He doesn't deserve to go to jail for ANY amount of time.

This precisely. Fine the guy to give hi
m a "reminder" for the future but he's obviously not a danger and had no ill intent.  This isn't a jailable offense. Heck, I'm betting people who mug you in NYC don't get mandatory 3.5 years.
What if Bowers was a menace?  Cannot read intent. Some upright citizens just snap sometime. But I agree in your premise.

Also that mugger would get 10 years if he mugged you with an illegal firearm. Or legal.

Regardless, I am hoping it is registered for NY, but I highly doubt it. Sounds like he just forgot, or was too ignorant to know better.  He might be in some serious shlt.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#28 : February 18, 2013, 10:21:24 PM

Did he possess the gun illegally?  I know it's not illegal to own a gun but I wonder if he got it through illegal means and that's the major issue here.   

Scratch that, just saw this in the other thread....

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen

Also, I'm told Bowers' gun is registered to him, though not clear in what state. I am assumed as much, but just sayin.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 18, 2013, 10:26:24 PM

I look at it this way..

There are some places you should know better than to bring anything like that. Airports since 9/11, and courthouses. In florida, it is common knowledge to firearm carriers that any paying public place they cannot carry their guns into. Even IF he had obtained the gun, permit, etc from NY he would still be violating federal law by bringing it into the airport.

In his situation, being forthcoming was the right thing to do, and hopefully he has a judge that understands that. He had no agenda (im hopeing, cause it did say "loaded") and is obviously not a terrorist. Just some stupid guy that didn't read the laws. He should get jail time, but not the numbers I'm seeing here. That's just too much.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BOWERS BUSTED ON WEAPONS CHARGE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools