Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS BOWERS BONDS OUT, CHARGES AND FUTURE UNCERTAIN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: February 19, 2013, 12:53:35 PM

Tampa Bay's Da'Quan Bowers apparent absent-minded mistake that led to his arrest on a gun possession charge could create major headaches for the 22-year old and the franchise. Bowers posted a $10,000 bail on Monday evening and was released with a very uncertain future.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8757

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 19, 2013, 12:57:22 PM

The more I read about this, the more confident i am that Bowers will be fine.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

El Diablo

Starter

#2 : February 19, 2013, 01:07:17 PM

I hope he is ok too. Man he made an awful mistake but I hope he gets a second chance. I wonder if they charge him with a lesser crime and he gets off with probation and a fine what the league will do as far as suspension.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 19, 2013, 01:09:57 PM

Bowers notified authorities that he had a gun?  I can see that scoring him major brownie points if this gets much further.  Dude made a mistake, realized it, and did the right thing.  A lesser man -- especially a celebrity -- might've panicked and tried to stash the firearm.  Or worse, they might've tried to take it through security.

I think Da'Quan will be fine.  Dude can afford a good lawyer.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 19, 2013, 01:13:32 PM

The more I read about this, the more confident i am that Bowers will be fine.

Trouble is, ignorance of the law doesn't give him any leeway in the courts.

I admit, "loaded" is two different things. Their version of "loaded" isn't exactly correct, but it is the law. Upon buying a gun, or earning a CC permit, they tell you all these things. Just because he didn't listen or remember, doesn't let him get away with it in their eyes.

Knowing NY's policies on guns, this is probably going to end up in some sort of jail time. It almost has to. The only thing I'm not sure of is how long.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#5 : February 19, 2013, 01:26:15 PM

People need to relax and wait until all the facts are out and he has his day in court.
I hope the young man learns from this and keeps on his already positive track.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 19, 2013, 01:30:54 PM

"After a full and fair investigation of the facts and circumstances regarding this registered firearm Mr. Bowers will be fully exonerated,'' attorney Dennis Coppin wrote in an email to The Tribune on Tuesday.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2013/feb/19/1/attorney-bucs-de-bowers-will-be-exonerated-of-gun-ar-638335/

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 19, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

he SHOULD get off with a big fine, probation, and be banned from owning a gun. he alerted the airport security that there was a gun in the bag so he basically turned himself in in good faith. that should go a way in his case. unless the judge is a complete **CENSORED** he should not serve any time in prison. maybe a week but he SHOULD NOT get hard time.

NY has very draconian gun laws, unlike most of the country,  so god only knows what happens. by all accounts hes never been in trouble and is an upstanding guy, he just made a really bad mistake and is being punished for doing what you are supposed to and alerting security

bveghte

Pro Bowler
#8 : February 19, 2013, 01:51:22 PM

Why didn't he just throw the gun away and buy a new one when he got home? Wouldn't that have been cheaper than his lawyer fees?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 19, 2013, 01:53:44 PM

"After a full and fair investigation of the facts and circumstances regarding this registered firearm Mr. Bowers will be fully exonerated,'' attorney Dennis Coppin wrote in an email to The Tribune on Tuesday.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2013/feb/19/1/attorney-bucs-de-bowers-will-be-exonerated-of-gun-ar-638335/

To be fair, this is Coppin... Bowers' attorney, giving his opinion.  The case hasn't even been heard yet.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#10 : February 19, 2013, 01:59:21 PM

and be banned from owning a gun.

Please tell me this is nonsense and you are just trolling...

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#11 : February 19, 2013, 01:59:50 PM

Why didn't he just throw the gun away and buy a new one when he got home? Wouldn't that have been cheaper than his lawyer fees?

You clearly aren't a gun owner.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 19, 2013, 02:05:23 PM

Better yet, just leave it at home! Problem solved.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#13 : February 19, 2013, 02:09:23 PM

Better yet, just leave it at home! Problem solved.

Not that either.  People that are legally allowed to carry should be allowed to do so.  It's incredibly dumb and irresponsible to not know where your gun is at all times and I can't fathom how somebody couldn't know.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 19, 2013, 02:35:41 PM

So much for doing the right thing. Buccaneers DE DeQuan Bowers travels to NY from NC. WHile in NY he realizes he has a loaded pistol in his carry-on. A registered pistol that he forgot to leave in SC. He brings the mistake to the Airlines attention rather than go through security and get caught.

For his honesty Bowers gets arrested. and charged with a felony. Where is the common sense in Law Enforcement. I guess it's just another notch for the NYPD. We got another athlete.

Yes Bowers was stupid. but was it a crime. That's a grey area IMO.

My bigger question would be how did Bowers get from SC to NY? Did he fly and if he did, why wasn't the weapon found then.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS BOWERS BONDS OUT, CHARGES AND FUTURE UNCERTAIN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools