Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warning about DirecTv « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: February 20, 2013, 10:11:01 AM

They are distributing defective receivers that they know are defective. I believe they are doing this in order to get customers to pay from $100 to $300 for their HD upgrades. The $300 model records 5 shows at the same time and requires a $200 companion receiver capable of playback. I had to replace a standard receiver that went bad last summer. The unit would just lose the picture or freeze up. I would then have to reset it and wait 10 minutes for it to restart. In the process I would lose 2 weeks of programing. It takes several hours to get it all back. I called customer service to complain. It took about 20 minutes to get them to send me a replacement for the replacement. End result, the replacement is even worse. I called again to complain and was told that there is nothing to be done other than upgrading to a HD unit.

I've had DirecTv continuously for the last 14 years (for the NFL package). I have never had any issue like this before. Just a warning for anyone here who might be considering their service.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 20, 2013, 01:19:33 PM

I've considered them in the past, but cannot stand all of their nickel and diming for 'equipment'. Also, that same reasoning is applied to not going with FIOS as well.

I hate this whole "you can get phone, cable, internet for only $89.99" and then avg monthly bill is hovering around at least $150.00.

F$%# that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 20, 2013, 02:58:38 PM

This is what happens when you get deregulation, but knowingly shipping out defective equipment is going too far. If they ever lose exclusive control of the NFL Package I'm gone.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warning about DirecTv « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools