Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel to push Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

swamp_bats

Starter
: February 24, 2013, 02:14:02 AM

Seems like he will be cut from K.C. for sure. Not a whole lot of Q.B.s with experience out there so is he the best choice?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 24, 2013, 02:22:21 AM

I don't think they bring anyone in.  Go with Orvlosky [sp?]

And maybe draft a project QB later in the draft maybe.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 24, 2013, 02:23:43 AM

Push him? What, down the stairs? Cassel is worse than Dan Orlovsky.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 24, 2013, 02:41:01 AM

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 24, 2013, 02:54:39 AM

Ya know, I was thinking a player worth drafting and taking a shot on as a developmental type player might be Aaron Rodgers' brother, Jordan Rodgers out of Vandy. Rodgers is only projected to command a very late round draft choice and could at least be given a shot to compete for a 90-man roster spot.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 24, 2013, 09:19:04 AM

It's safer to run with freeman w/o competition. We all saw the joke some teams were without a legitimate "franchise guy" last season. The only exception would be the 49ers, because apparently coach H can get anyone to play QB for him.

I say Let him know he's the man going into the season. Then if it doesn't pan out, let him walk, get the comp pick and move on. As long as we have next years first, we're good.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 24, 2013, 09:32:52 AM

Just draft a guy with upside in the middle rounds . Don't want any of these sorry ass re-treads.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 24, 2013, 10:04:16 AM

I say Let him know he's the man going into the season.

Haven't we done that the last 3 seasons?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 24, 2013, 10:33:32 AM

Matt C**CENSORED** is the absolute worst QB in the NFL, he had one of the worst seasons of all time last year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 24, 2013, 10:44:48 AM

If they cannot see that having a solid backup is an absolute must, well I say to them "you dumb as hell".

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 24, 2013, 10:45:06 AM

It's safer to run with freeman w/o competition. We all saw the joke some teams were without a legitimate "franchise guy" last season. The only exception would be the 49ers, because apparently coach H can get anyone to play QB for him.

I say Let him know he's the man going into the season. Then if it doesn't pan out, let him walk, get the comp pick and move on. As long as we have next years first, we're good.

You know how you make Alex Smith look good? Have him throw it around 15 times a game and run the hell out of ball. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 24, 2013, 12:09:14 PM

I say Let him know he's the man going into the season.

Haven't we done that the last 3 seasons?

We have, no doubt about that hate.

But I still believe any type of destraction would provide freeman an excuse, as well as another losing season.

Depending on the amount of help jf gets on the defensive side, I am almost certain freeman will do much better. If not, we don't lose anything beyond this upcoming season, as we will have a fairly high draft pick in the off season after to draft a top tier college QB. Hopefully Johnny Football.

Many high ranked college QB's came out recently and did well right out of the gate, and with this group, with a better pass defense, would be deadly with a spread it around QB like johnny IMO. First, we just have to figure out if we want to continue on with free or not, and it's something I believe is better done without looming destractions overhead.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

swamp_bats

Starter
#12 : February 24, 2013, 01:31:23 PM

Well the point isn't to replace Freeman, it is to push him. Cassel shouldn't be too much $$$ and your not gonna find much else out there with more game experience. I'm sure there is a good chance we bring in a new back up in FA and draft this year.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 24, 2013, 01:43:59 PM

i'd have no problem with Cassell

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 24, 2013, 01:47:10 PM

God no. Matt Cassel is complete trash. He is the worst QB in the NFL and had one of the worst seasons of all time. NO NO NO NO NO.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel to push Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools