Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel to push Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#45 : February 26, 2013, 07:06:39 AM

Whether or not Freeman is or is not the answer, Matt Cassel is not going gob pushing him.  I could see Cassel pushing Dan O.  Freeman is at least a middle of the pack QB (middle of the pack QBs are inconsistent); Cassel however is bottom of the pack, he is terrible all of the time.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#46 : February 26, 2013, 07:55:55 AM

There is no tossing of feces regarding my formulation of opinion.  It is called observation, and taking mental notes.  It is about watching and learning.  If your accusation of me being sensationalist were to have merit, in my eyes, is if I were to have made my assumption after watching him in Year 2.  There have beeb many manygames, in many years that have allowed me to formulate my own opinion regarding Freeman.  He is not improving, and he still cannot throw a football, make basic reads, throw a shoulder fake/pump fake, etc...all the things I have railed on him about before.  He gets scared.  You can see it.  I got busted for trashing his pressers, in which he sounded scared and unlike a leader...and now we all pretty much agree the guy doesn't have "it".  It is the same with Mike Clayton.  Busted his azz for years...and FINALLY after so many god damned years, people got the hint...he wasn't good.  I see the same thing in Freeman.  He just makes me go..."Gosh.  what the eff is he looking at.  What the heck is he throwing at.  Whaaat the hell was THAT?"  I see him as being a career backup type.  He has struggles with basic QB abilities, much less learning about a new offensive concept.  I just think Manning is a much better QB than Freeman is.  The guy is clutch, and can make reads.  And Freeman has never been able to, and now we are asking him to learn a complicated offense that took a much better QB YEARS to learn, and we are expecting great results?  Nah.  I aint buying it.

Freeman is not a Playoff Caliber QB, he folds like wet paper.  You will see the same thing out of him next year.And some of you will come around.  Others, like Bucballa85, will still bang on his drum.  "Gotta give him one more year...one more year..."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! :D :D

Amazingly, if you go to a NY Giants message board in 2007 the comments about Eli would be identical. Check the message boards for Ravens fans before this year. Same nonsense.

With that said, after Freeman and the offense exploded in the middle of the season I believed he had finally arrived and become the quarterback we hoped he would be (and no, I don't really care who the opponents were - that's a weak argument - they're still NFL teams). His December collapse was possibly the first time I really began to doubt he will ever overcome his inconsistency.

I'm not against drafting a QB high. Either Josh will finally develop the consistency we hope and need or he will be replaced. And just because the Bucs spend a quality pick on a QB this year doesn't mean they can't go back and get one of the big ones next year (unless they use the 13th overall - I think they'd give that guy a chance). Look at Colt McCoy.

If Josh does reach those heights, he'll become a rich man and the draft pick can be the Bucs' version of Ryan Mallett, Kurt Cousins or Matt Flynn.

And to the point of this thread - no, Matt Cassel is not an answer. I'd rather have Matt Moore.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#47 : February 26, 2013, 08:28:56 AM

There is no tossing of feces regarding my formulation of opinion.  It is called observation, and taking mental notes.  It is about watching and learning.  If your accusation of me being sensationalist were to have merit, in my eyes, is if I were to have made my assumption after watching him in Year 2.  There have beeb many manygames, in many years that have allowed me to formulate my own opinion regarding Freeman.  He is not improving, and he still cannot throw a football, make basic reads, throw a shoulder fake/pump fake, etc...all the things I have railed on him about before.  He gets scared.  You can see it.  I got busted for trashing his pressers, in which he sounded scared and unlike a leader...and now we all pretty much agree the guy doesn't have "it".  It is the same with Mike Clayton.  Busted his azz for years...and FINALLY after so many god damned years, people got the hint...he wasn't good.  I see the same thing in Freeman.  He just makes me go..."Gosh.  what the eff is he looking at.  What the heck is he throwing at.  Whaaat the hell was THAT?"  I see him as being a career backup type.  He has struggles with basic QB abilities, much less learning about a new offensive concept.  I just think Manning is a much better QB than Freeman is.  The guy is clutch, and can make reads.  And Freeman has never been able to, and now we are asking him to learn a complicated offense that took a much better QB YEARS to learn, and we are expecting great results?  Nah.  I aint buying it.

Freeman is not a Playoff Caliber QB, he folds like wet paper.  You will see the same thing out of him next year.And some of you will come around.  Others, like Bucballa85, will still bang on his drum.  "Gotta give him one more year...one more year..."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! :D :D
And to the point of this thread - no, Matt Cassel is not an answer.

Yet there are some people including the OP that want Cassel to come here and be the starter over Freeman.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 26, 2013, 08:55:00 AM

Wed be the laughing stock of the league if we traded Freeman for Cassel.
: February 26, 2013, 08:57:35 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#49 : February 26, 2013, 09:00:58 AM

I thought I read someone suggest we should trade him for Campbell.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Oracle

Starter

#50 : February 26, 2013, 10:34:30 AM

Although an upgrade, Cassel isn't any big upgrade over Freeman.  Trade Freeman for Tebow.   

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 26, 2013, 10:58:06 AM

Although an upgrade, Cassel isn't any big upgrade over Freeman.  Trade Freeman for Tebow.   

Freeman > Cassell

Sanchez and 31 other QB's in this league > Tebow

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

Oracle

Starter

#52 : February 26, 2013, 02:41:40 PM

Tebow > Cassell

Sanchez and 31 other QB's in this league > Freeman

I have to admit, I finally agree with one of your posts.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#53 : February 26, 2013, 03:21:31 PM

Tebow > Cassell

Sanchez and 31 other QB's in this league > Freeman

I have to admit, I finally agree with one of your posts.

Java....you really are pathetic.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

Hate

Hall of Famer
#54 : February 26, 2013, 08:38:49 PM

B-Fink....u r killin' me tonite

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

swamp_bats

Starter
#55 : February 26, 2013, 11:37:18 PM

We wouldn't have to trade for him lol, word is he is getting cut. Seems like a lot of people missed the point of the thread. Was never meant to be about replacing Freeman. Coach said they were gonna bring in someone to "push" Freeman. As in someone to be a good back-up but also be good enough that Freeman would feel some pressure that he could be pulled if he struggles like he tends to do. I was just asking if people thought Cassel would be the good choice for this because there are not many back-ups out there with a lot of game experience. How that got turned into Cassel>Freeman is beyond me.

'
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel to push Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools