Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How would you guys feel if... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

: February 26, 2013, 04:03:18 PM

We traded our first rounder for Revis, drafted Ertz or Eifert with our second rounder, traded our third and NE's fourth to move back into the end of the second to grab Trufant, Poyer, Ryan or Amerson? Secondary would automatically be 959834392 times improved and we'd grab our starting tight end of the future. Not to mention we would be adding one of the best players in the entire league in the prime of his career who I think is going to come back perfectly fine from his injury. In my mind, this team is ready to win RIGHT NOW. Our offensive line along with V-Jax aren't getting any younger and Revis and possibly Ronde would only have a Super Bowl in mind. Our offense was the top offense in the league for over a month this past season and this was under a whole new coaching staff. Doug Martin, Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David are already one of the top players in the league at their positions. Grab Osi as a situational pass rusher. This team would be a contender. We have the money to do all this....make it happen.

shawn731

Starter

#1 : February 26, 2013, 04:14:37 PM

The setup could work and satisfy some needs.  BUT Revis is a me first player.  I like him but he will come at a cost that I think is too high.  I like our team having cap space.  Also, we must address depth on our o-line.  We need a RT, C, and backup G.  Those picks we gave up to move up could be those pieces.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 26, 2013, 04:21:14 PM

We traded our first rounder for Revis, drafted Ertz or Eifert with our second rounder, traded our third and NE's fourth to move back into the end of the second to grab Trufant, Poyer, Ryan or Amerson? Secondary would automatically be 959834392 times improved and we'd grab our starting tight end of the future. Not to mention we would be adding one of the best players in the entire league in the prime of his career who I think is going to come back perfectly fine from his injury. In my mind, this team is ready to win RIGHT NOW. Our offensive line along with V-Jax aren't getting any younger and Revis and possibly Ronde would only have a Super Bowl in mind. Our offense was the top offense in the league for over a month this past season and this was under a whole new coaching staff. Doug Martin, Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David are already one of the top players in the league at their positions. Grab Osi as a situational pass rusher. This team would be a contender. We have the money to do all this....make it happen.

It's going to take A LOT more than just a first for Revis, think 2 firsts and this years second for it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 26, 2013, 04:25:51 PM

It's going to take A LOT more than just a first for Revis, think 2 firsts and this years second for it.

you think a team is willing to give up 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 100mil contract to a coming off an ACL?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 26, 2013, 04:32:47 PM

you think a team is willing to give up 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 100mil contract to a coming off an ACL?

Exactly....get the hell outta here with that. Nobody is giving up more than the #13 pick in the draft. I'd POSSIBLY throw them next year's first rounder too if we really did get into a bidding war but definitely not our second rounder this year on top of that.
: February 26, 2013, 04:34:49 PM The Franchi5e

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 26, 2013, 04:32:52 PM

ANGRY
FURIOUS
VIOLENT
HOMICIDAL

thats putting it about right. mainly its the revis part. we need to use as many draft picks as we can. i dont want 3 players and have to use 7 picks to get them

bashear

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 26, 2013, 04:34:46 PM

Nope. That's a QB deal, not a CB deal.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 26, 2013, 04:36:55 PM

Absolutely not, but that is what the Jets will be asking and Revis will be a Jet next year.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 26, 2013, 04:39:14 PM

bashear

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 26, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Absolutely not, but that is what the Jets will be asking and Revis will be a Jet next year.
Announcing such a high price should be seen as a start from which the bargaining can begin. Revis playing as a Jet next year is very possible, when you take a look at all the risks surrounding him. There has been speculation that GMs might want to take a look at how well he plays before trying to acquire him, leaving open the possibility that he could begin the year as a Jet before being traded in-season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 26, 2013, 07:49:34 PM

Along with the trade for Revis comes a $100mil contract. I'll pass on that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Oracle

Starter

#11 : February 26, 2013, 08:08:41 PM

(I say do the trade!)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 26, 2013, 08:56:37 PM

They [Jets] are not in the best position with Revis.  They can keep him, and then wave goodbye after the 2013 season and get nothing but a comp pick.

Or...trade him now for the best offer.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 26, 2013, 09:06:05 PM

Exactly. The most he'll be traded for is a 1st this year and a 1st the next, and I'd do that in a heartbeat. People keep bringing up his contract number. Yeah....that's how much it costs to get a top 5 player in the league in the prime of his career. This would be a franchise changing move. There's no player that we can get in the first round of this draft and probably where we'll be at next year in the first round that will make anywhere close to the impact Revis would make. If this move is there to be made...make it.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 26, 2013, 10:50:18 PM

Tough call. I wouldn't trade next year's first because of my lack of faith in 5. But a shot at Revis is tempting.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How would you guys feel if... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools