Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't F--- With The White House Bob!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#135 : March 17, 2013, 04:28:59 PM

1. The world did not come to and end with sequester, despite WH claims to the contrary

Pretty bold to suggest no negative effects given that it hasn't even been in effect a month yet. What else do you see in that crystal ball of yours, counselor?

2. Sequester was the WH's plan, despite WH claims to the contrary

The sequester was conceived by the WH. It wasn't the WH's plan for it to become law. That was caused by the Republicans refusing to negotiate on additional revenues despite the fact that they actually campaigned on adding additional revenues in the 2012 election.

That^^^^ is as close as you will ever get to "I was wrong/you were right" from CBW. 

On #1 -- instead of saying yeah the "world did not come an end"  CBW counters with the proverbial "yeah, but"  and puts up this strawman: "pretty bold to suggest NO NEGATIVE EFFECTS."  Well CBW, that might be bold but . . .  I didnt suggest "no negative effects"I said world didn't come to an end, which is what the WH was selling.  Anyway, a "yeah but" from CBW equals an "I was wrong/you were right" from most people

I was assuming your statement that the White House claimed that the "world would come to an end" was simply an intentional overstatement on your part of their position that the sequester would have negative impacts on the economy. I now see that, since you are taking me to task for simplifying your overstatement, you must have actually meant that the White House really thought that the world would cease to exist if the sequester went into effect. So since you must have really thought that they made that claim, I'd love to see you back it up with a link of anyone in the WH claiming that the world would end if the sequester went into effect. If you can't, I'd like you to admit that you are a dirtbag liar who made that up and apologize for it.

On #2 -- CBW admitting, without saying it, that Obama lied and Woodward was right.  Of course, it is with the same "yeah, but" style, this time with the "yeah,  but . . .  it was those evil tricky Republicans"

Who gives a **CENSORED**? Only political hacks like you are making hay about this. And that includes Woodward. How is recommending a sequester to force Republicans and Democrats to negotiate a deal that includes new revenues "moving the goalposts" when the president is now, just as he was then, requesting new revenues?
: March 17, 2013, 04:36:14 PM CBWx2

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#136 : March 18, 2013, 01:22:09 AM

1. The world did not come to and end with sequester, despite WH claims to the contrary

Pretty bold to suggest no negative effects given that it hasn't even been in effect a month yet. What else do you see in that crystal ball of yours, counselor?

2. Sequester was the WH's plan, despite WH claims to the contrary

The sequester was conceived by the WH. It wasn't the WH's plan for it to become law. That was caused by the Republicans refusing to negotiate on additional revenues despite the fact that they actually campaigned on adding additional revenues in the 2012 election.

That^^^^ is as close as you will ever get to "I was wrong/you were right" from CBW. 

On #1 -- instead of saying yeah the "world did not come an end"  CBW counters with the proverbial "yeah, but"  and puts up this strawman: "pretty bold to suggest NO NEGATIVE EFFECTS."  Well CBW, that might be bold but . . .  I didnt suggest "no negative effects"I said world didn't come to an end, which is what the WH was selling.  Anyway, a "yeah but" from CBW equals an "I was wrong/you were right" from most people

I was assuming your statement that the White House claimed that the "world would come to an end" was simply an intentional overstatement on your part of their position that the sequester would have negative impacts on the economy. I now see that, since you are taking me to task for simplifying your overstatement, you must have actually meant that the White House really thought that the world would cease to exist if the sequester went into effect. So since you must have really thought that they made that claim, I'd love to see you back it up with a link of anyone in the WH claiming that the world would end if the sequester went into effect. If you can't, I'd like you to admit that you are a dirtbag liar who made that up and apologize for it.

LOL, that is classic CBW spin, spin spin.  They sold fear and its not "simplifying" to go from "world coming to an end" to "no negative impact"  LOL. 

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#137 : March 18, 2013, 01:24:13 AM

On #2 -- CBW admitting, without saying it, that Obama lied and Woodward was right.  Of course, it is with the same "yeah, but" style, this time with the "yeah,  but . . .  it was those evil tricky Republicans"

Who gives a **CENSORED**? Only political hacks like you are making hay about this. And that includes Woodward. How is recommending a sequester to force Republicans and Democrats to negotiate a deal that includes new revenues "moving the goalposts" when the president is now, just as he was then, requesting new revenues?

LOL. Who gives a **CENSORED** that the WH was trying to silence a critic from the 4th estate?  LMAO. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#138 : March 18, 2013, 02:28:03 PM

Does The Bible Series' depiction of Satan resemble President Obama?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#139 : March 18, 2013, 02:43:22 PM

How is recommending a sequester to force Republicans and Democrats to negotiate a deal that includes new revenues "moving the goalposts" when the president is now, just as he was then, requesting new revenues?

Because amongst other things, it reflects on the Presidents strategic thinking. His grand master plan blew up in his face.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#140 : March 18, 2013, 03:21:34 PM

LOL, that is classic CBW spin, spin spin.  They sold fear and its not "simplifying" to go from "world coming to an end" to "no negative impact"  LOL.

They sold fear that the sequester would negatively impact the economy, not that the planet would explode and all living things on it would be consumed by the fiery blaze if the sequester went into effect. Apparently my suggestion of the former was insulting to you since you clearly are suggesting that they were trying to sell the latter. My only guess is that you are either a liar or a lunatic, or both on a good day.

LOL. Who gives a **CENSORED** that the WH was trying to silence a critic from the 4th estate?  LMAO.

Ah I see. We are back on that "they threatened Woodward" line, huh? Hasn't that argument been completely debunked, by even Woodward himself, Vinny Peanuts? LOL, LMAO, spin spin spin...

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#141 : March 18, 2013, 05:38:33 PM

They sold fear that the sequester would negatively impact the economy, not that the planet would explode and all living things on it would be consumed by the fiery blaze if the sequester went into effect. Apparently my suggestion of the former was insulting to you since you clearly are suggesting that they were trying to sell the latter. My only guess is that you are either a liar or a lunatic, or both on a good day.

Ah I see. We are back on that "they threatened Woodward" line, huh? Hasn't that argument been completely debunked, by even Woodward himself, Vinny Peanuts? LOL, LMAO, spin spin spin...

LOL, where did I say threat? They tried to keep him from reporting the TRUTH.  They knew they couldn't DENY it so they went to try to stop the guy.  Reporters report, the WHY confirms or denies.

the Black Hole!!!!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#142 : March 18, 2013, 05:57:25 PM

Does The Bible Series' depiction of Satan resemble President Obama?

LOL ...yes .

A fitting casting I must say .  ;)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't F--- With The White House Bob!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools