Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How to fix economy easily « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 01, 2013, 09:57:58 PM

Not bad John Galt , but if you want to start with cutting the deficit ,  why no mention of cutting SSI Ponzi Scheme , Medicare , or  any other entitlements - the main thing that is drowning us in debt. ??

SSI actually is running at a surplus. Yes it needs to be overhauled, but IMO that might be better accomplished after we get the economy back to mid-2000 growth levels Get unemployment back under 5% and you'll have a lot more FICA revenue to help with a restructure.

As far as Medicare/caid, repeal Obamacare and craft a plan that includes a complete restructure of that mess.

No it is not. It ran a deficit for the first time lin 2010. By deficit I mean it paid out more than it took in.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/08/05/news/economy/social_security_trustees_report/index.htm

It should be running at the same exact amount that is coming in , considering it is supposed to be going to a lock box with our number on it. They spend it instead , and somehow we are good with that.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 02, 2013, 02:35:18 PM

SSI is not running well.  It is as stated in a big hole.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 02, 2013, 02:35:37 PM

Nothing is running well.  Also as noted.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 02, 2013, 04:03:14 PM

Not bad John Galt , but if you want to start with cutting the deficit ,  why no mention of cutting SSI Ponzi Scheme , Medicare , or  any other entitlements - the main thing that is drowning us in debt. ??

SSI actually is running at a surplus. Yes it needs to be overhauled, but IMO that might be better accomplished after we get the economy back to mid-2000 growth levels Get unemployment back under 5% and you'll have a lot more FICA revenue to help with a restructure.

As far as Medicare/caid, repeal Obamacare and craft a plan that includes a complete restructure of that mess.

No it is not. It ran a deficit for the first time lin 2010. By deficit I mean it paid out more than it took in.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/08/05/news/economy/social_security_trustees_report/index.htm

Payroll tax holiday, spartan. A suspension of the employee portion of SSI revenues that has since been revoked. SSI will be fine. There are far bigger fish to fry.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2013, 06:06:06 PM

Payroll tax holiday, spartan. A suspension of the employee portion of SSI revenues that has since been revoked. SSI will be fine. There are far bigger fish to fry.

Spoken like the useful idiot you are , Comrade.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 02, 2013, 07:01:48 PM

SS is flawed in structure and application

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 02, 2013, 08:07:58 PM

SS is flawed in structure and application

If it isn't than Bernie Madoff needs to be released and issued a formal apology.

Oracle

Starter

#22 : March 04, 2013, 10:46:36 PM

If the government gave me 1 million dollars, I'd have hot call girls every night until the money ran out.   Then go on social security.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 04, 2013, 11:25:46 PM

If the government gave me 1 million dollars, I'd have hot call girls every night until the money ran out.   Then go on social security.

so you're saying you'd act like a Congressman . . .  oh wait they dont do SS right?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 05, 2013, 07:45:15 AM

Well , lucky for you it's a ponzi scheme , and there will be a little more of MY retirement money still trickling in for you to tap back into and steal....and don't worry , if the government has already spent it themselves ( likely) , they'll borrow/print more.

No worries , the system is fine.... move along , thanks ....  oh , and pay no attention to that man behind the cutain.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How to fix economy easily « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools