Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What does Flacco's deal mean for Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 04, 2013, 09:29:16 PM

I don't think Flacco's deal effects Freeman at all. Flacco has been to the playoffs every year, the championship game twice and won a super bowl. Freeman has....done nothing.

Dwayne Bowe's contract will have a big impact on Mike Williams though. Hope the Chiefs didn't grossly over pay....or we will have to as well.

Flacco can thank the defense for where he's been. If Freeman had that defense he would have been to the playoffs several times, including last season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 04, 2013, 09:34:57 PM

I don't think Flacco's deal effects Freeman at all. Flacco has been to the playoffs every year, the championship game twice and won a super bowl. Freeman has....done nothing.

Dwayne Bowe's contract will have a big impact on Mike Williams though. Hope the Chiefs didn't grossly over pay....or we will have to as well.

Flacco can thank the defense for where he's been. If Freeman had that defense he would have been to the playoffs several times, including last season.

11 tds, 0 ints in the postseason.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 04, 2013, 09:43:39 PM

You are jaded.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 04, 2013, 09:45:24 PM

11 tds, 0 ints in the postseason.

And I would add.......he stays healthy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 04, 2013, 09:48:55 PM

Flacco outplayed Tom Brady in the 2011 Championship game. When has Freeman ever come close to that? Flacco isn't elite, and he got way more than he is worth....but he has really played well for the last two seasons. He and Freeman are light years apart. It's sad that some Buc fans don't realize that.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 04, 2013, 09:51:35 PM

Flacco is still above average to me. He threw some deep balls that went the Ravens way. That defense won the championship. Those things don't take away from his great medium and short passes, but he's no Brady, Brees, etc yet. He's an Eli level guy.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 04, 2013, 10:08:42 PM

UNless Josh Freeman wins the Super Bowl this year, Flacco's contract means nothing.
Took the words out of my mouth.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 04, 2013, 10:27:15 PM

Well, since Freeman can't even make it into the playoffs, NOTHING.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 04, 2013, 10:31:57 PM

None of this matters. If Freeman has a good season and leads the Bucs to the playoffs, he's going to get a massive contract. If he doesn't have a good season and doesn't lead the Bucs to the playoffs, he's going to get a much smaller big contract.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 05, 2013, 07:41:00 AM

None of this matters. If Freeman has a good season and leads the Bucs to the playoffs, he's going to get a massive contract. If he doesn't have a good season and doesn't lead the Bucs to the playoffs, he's going to be playing in a different city.

Fixed that for you.  :D

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 05, 2013, 11:56:45 AM

None of this matters. If Freeman has a good season and leads the Bucs to the playoffs, he's going to get a massive contract. If he doesn't have a good season and doesn't lead the Bucs to the playoffs, he's going to be sitting on a couch.

Fixed that for you.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 05, 2013, 11:59:19 AM

Quote from: Bucko40
UNless Josh Freeman wins the Super Bowl this year, Flacco's contract means nothing.
+1.

I'll bet Josh is still going to want $100,000,000+ though.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 05, 2013, 01:03:11 PM

Put want in one hand and **CENSORED** in the other, and see which one fills up first.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 05, 2013, 01:17:13 PM

Dominik would be out of his goard if he offered Freeman anywhere around 100 mil for anything less than a Super Bowl win. Even then I would still be kinda scared to offer him that much.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 05, 2013, 01:36:48 PM

Put Flacco on the Bucs for the last 4 years and he would have NO playoffs at all. Put Freeman on the Ravens and he would have at least two playoff runs. Situations make a difference. It's a team sport. Same deal with Sanchez and the Jets. They carried him to two AFCC games and then went in the toilet. The Buccaneer team couldn't carry anyone anywhere. They're getting close, but they won't reach the playoffs without Josh Freeman. Situations change. Things are coming together for the Bucs.

I have no problem admitting Freeman is inconsistent and bad at times, but some here refuse to admit that he ever plays great. During the 5-1 stretch last season, Freeman was the highest rated QB in the league. You can't just ignore that without revealing your bias.

After so many years of frustration with Gruden and then Raheem, I believe the Bucs are finally coming together in talent, experience, and leadership. We need a handful of player upgrades and some depth, but we have the right coach, and, IMO, the right QB to win it all. Starting all over with a new QB would mean a window of opportunity missed. Schiano knows the strengths and weaknesses of every man on this team. He has bonded with them and taught them what he expects. 2013 will be a great year to be a fan of this team.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What does Flacco's deal mean for Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools