Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Munnerlyn could fit elsewhere in division « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : March 05, 2013, 12:01:03 AM »

Munnerlyn could fit elsewhere in division

March, 4, 2013

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

It appears as if cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is on his way out of Carolina, but maybe not the NFC South.

The Panthers would like to keep Munnerlyn and use him as their nickel cornerback But the feeling inside the building is that the Panthers don’t have the cap room to offer Munnerlyn a contract that could keep him.

Ironically, that means there’s a chance Munnerlyn could be headed to a division rival. Atlanta and Tampa Bay both have salary-cap room to work with and both have needs at cornerback.

Tampa Bay’s cornerback problems have been well documented. Munnerlyn, who has split time as a starter and nickelback, instantly would be better than any cornerback on Tampa Bay’s roster. He’s undersized, but is a great competitor and a solid locker room guy.

I could also see Munnerlyn fitting in Atlanta. The Falcons liked to slide Dunta Robinson onto the slot receiver. But Robinson was released last week. Robert McClain showed he could cover slot receivers, but he might be at his best on the outside.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : March 05, 2013, 12:17:38 AM »

No he wouldn't.
Munnerlyn stinks too. Yes he had a pick 6 vs. us. But that was Josh's stupidity. No thanks.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 05, 2013, 02:46:30 AM »

No he wouldn't.
Munnerlyn stinks too. Yes he had a pick 6 vs. us. But that was Josh's stupidity. No thanks.

Pass.  Dude is a midget. If that was our big free agent splash this year, I may put a gun to my head.  He has overachieved for a 7th round pick, but still.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Munnerlyn could fit elsewhere in division « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools