Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS COULD ADD DL DEPTH: FIVE POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGETS « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 05, 2013, 01:19:49 PM

That hes been able to stay healthy. Those other guys get hurt every season it seems. I keep asking, are we betting on these guys to stay healthy again? If so we may find ourselves in the very same position as last season.

he played in 9 games his rookie year and 11 his 2nd year.  didnt get his 2nd sack until his 3rd year.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 05, 2013, 01:34:36 PM

That hes been able to stay healthy. Those other guys get hurt every season it seems. I keep asking, are we betting on these guys to stay healthy again? If so we may find ourselves in the very same position as last season.

he played in 9 games his rookie year and 11 his 2nd year.  didnt get his 2nd sack until his 3rd year.

Ok good point. I just dont want to go into next season depending on these guys staying healthy. I could see us mid season again with the same problem we had this year but everybody is acting like we dont need another DE. What happens if these guys get hurt again like they have been? Does that change the need a bit? I think so.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 05, 2013, 02:14:08 PM

You can't even depend on Bowers/Bennett even being on the team. They both should be. But there is a chance one or the other or both could be gone this year.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 05, 2013, 02:33:55 PM

Ok good point. I just dont want to go into next season depending on these guys staying healthy. I could see us mid season again with the same problem we had this year but everybody is acting like we dont need another DE. What happens if these guys get hurt again like they have been? Does that change the need a bit? I think so.

we invested quality resources into clayborn/bowers.  i just feel that we need to give them the chance to succeed before replacing them and/or benching them.  i am a fan of bringing in freeney, only because it allows clayborn/bowers to play the majority of the time and devolop. 

maybe im just a homer, but i think that bowers/clayborn/bennett could be a strong group in the future, would at least like to see them get a shot before investing major resources in someone that will put them on the bench or off the team.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 05, 2013, 03:44:07 PM

Need more than two good DEs. Going out and getting a guy in FA or early in the draft doesnt mean we are giving up on clayborn and/or bowers.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 05, 2013, 04:23:31 PM

Need more than two good DEs. Going out and getting a guy in FA or early in the draft doesnt mean we are giving up on clayborn and/or bowers.

isnt bennett a good DE?  there isnt a better one in FA that im aware of.  and while sure, ive got no problem drafting a DE if he's best on board, but feels like we are making a hole to fix it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 05, 2013, 04:59:17 PM

Bennett isn't on our roster. We have a 1 in 32 chance I'd signing him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 05, 2013, 05:01:49 PM

you can assume that, but you could also assume that the Bucs told bennett they'd match whatever he could get.  in that case we'd have a much better chance at signing him.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 05, 2013, 05:14:19 PM

Freeney and Bennett

Grimes and Smith

CB, TE, WR, and RT in the draft. Thank me later.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 05, 2013, 05:16:38 PM

Freeney and Bennett

Grimes and Smith

that would be great, but dont think we could afford it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 05, 2013, 05:44:46 PM

you can assume that, but you could also assume that the Bucs told bennett they'd match whatever he could get.  in that case we'd have a much better chance at signing him.

I'm not assuming anything. I stated a fact. You on the other hand are making assumptions.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 05, 2013, 06:47:17 PM

gotcha.  i do disagree that free agency is a math equation.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 05, 2013, 06:58:28 PM

You have reading comprehension issues today bro. All I'm saying is Michael Bennett is NOT on our roster. Pretending he is, when debating what we should do at DE in free agency and the draft makes zero sense. We didn't tag him or work out a deal. He is not a Buccaneer. He is a Unrestricted Free Agent that can sign with any team in the league. It's just a fact.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 05, 2013, 07:06:26 PM

I will say this though, the new negotiating window is an interesting twist and I'm curious to see how much of effect it has on not just the Bucs, but the entire league. For three days, free agents can start meeting with teams and negotiating...but can't sign with anyone other than their old team during that three day period. So if a player isn't getting a better offers than his old team offered during that three days, it seems like they would go ahead and resign during that 3 day period. If Miller and Bennett don't get any great offers in that three day period, they could still resign with the Bucs before they ever actually reach free agency. I guess we'll see what happens.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS COULD ADD DL DEPTH: FIVE POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGETS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools