Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

PewterPirate54

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: March 05, 2013, 07:36:03 PM

Nice vid of our signal caller and Franchise QB Free  ;D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20O5gtEM_Zo
: March 05, 2013, 07:38:42 PM Chris_BucFan60

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 05, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

Baller.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

creamsicles

Starter
#2 : March 05, 2013, 08:02:32 PM

I want him to be successful, but...

From what I could tell, Josh stared down his primary receiver on almost every throw here and rarely had middle pressure.  A couple minutes in I decided to predict where he was going to throw by watching his head for a second or two.... I think I predicted each throw except two... no wonder so many of the throws had double or triple coverage.

I think he has the physical skills... I really want him to improve on progressions and field vision... or maybe we should focus more on quick throws so that the defense has less time to react.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but that's what I saw. 

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#3 : March 05, 2013, 08:04:43 PM

After finishing the season like he did, it is nice to be reminded that he is capable of being a playmaker at times. On the replay of the Dallas Clark TD against the saints, between 4&5 minute mark, you get a great view of Free staring down Clark. Granted, the replay is in slow motion, but he is missing a wide open VJ in the left of the end zone. Anyways, for the sake of our sanity, I hope and pray Josh begins the season making plays like this and it continues for all of 2013.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#4 : March 05, 2013, 08:06:27 PM

I want him to be successful, but...

From what I could tell, Josh stared down his primary receiver on almost every throw here and rarely had middle pressure.  A couple minutes in I decided to predict where he was going to throw by watching his head for a second or two.... I think I predicted each throw except two... no wonder so many of the throws had double or triple coverage.

I think he has the physical skills... I really want him to improve on progressions and field vision... or maybe we should focus more on quick throws so that the defense has less time to react.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but that's what I saw.

I did that as well, and do not think you are wrong. The only times I really noticed him look in two different places was when he had an absurd amount of time.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#5 : March 05, 2013, 09:00:36 PM

Shouldn't you be playing with a tranny?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 05, 2013, 09:02:26 PM

He's retuned from the land of mute.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 05, 2013, 09:04:25 PM

Cut him!

In all seriousness, he does have a tendency to lock onto a receiver. However, sometimes you have to remember that Josh is looking to take advantage of 1-on-1 match-ups, so yeah, he is looking for that receiver. With the size and hands of Jackson and Williams, I can't say I blame him. Also, there are a few throws where he has to go through a couple of reads before he finds a target, and yes, he does have time to do it. Most QBs who are successful, usually do. Guys like Brady and Brees do it much quicker. However, they have had a lot of time and experience in their current offenses. I think Josh will be better at this moving forward.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#8 : March 05, 2013, 10:01:20 PM

Shouldn't he be playing with a tranny?

Lmao. You're an attention whoring troll. But I'll give that one to you.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 05, 2013, 11:40:43 PM

beast mode. thanks for the video.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 06, 2013, 01:22:07 AM

LOL at "Beast Mode".  More like "Jump Ball Mode"

One read guy.  This is more of a VJax/Williams highlight reel than a Freeman reel.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 06, 2013, 01:51:47 AM

One read guy.  This is more of a VJax/Williams highlight reel than a Freeman reel.

That was my thought.  Some really pretty plays from Mike in there. better pay that man.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 06, 2013, 02:03:22 AM

Yup.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 06, 2013, 07:31:35 AM

Are you guys watching his eyes or helmet?   Highlights? TV copy?

I think it may be difficult to ascertain what he's actually looking at...

Not making an argument either way ...   Drew Brees has always had a knack for looking at one thing and throwing
To another...

Going to have to watch some all-22 to really figure this out.  Headed over to NFL.com now.  :)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 06, 2013, 07:36:47 AM

The correct answer would have been , " anyone can look good in a highlight reel" .

When you try and discredit even the good plays Freeman has made , and those were , it just shows your bias.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools