Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Bennet closer look « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 07, 2013, 11:01:09 PM »

Lol, clayborns arm doesnt limit him at all. Just people assuming they know something about his medical condition. In reality, his arm is as functional and almost as strong as his other arm. Hes not a great run defender and hes an adequate pass rusher. That more than anything limits him to RE.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #16 : March 07, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »

Tatman:  The following about Erb's Palsey:

If the injury occurs at age early enough to affect development (e.g. as a neonate or infant), it often leaves patients with stunted growth in the affected arm with everything from the shoulder through to the fingertips smaller than the unaffected arm. This also leaves the patients with impaired muscular, nervous and circulatory development. The lack of muscular development leads to the arm being much weaker than the unaffected one, and less articulate, with many patients unable to lift the arm above shoulder height unaided, as well as leaving many with an elbow contracture

In Clayborn's case, it is not so much a matter strength, but it seems he is limited in raising his effected arm aboved the shoulder,  A swim move with the right arm is not for him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #17 : March 08, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »

I could really careless is we resign Bennett or not . He's going to be WAY overpaid for a guy who's never broken double-digit sacks .

Abraham or Dumerville would be an immediate upgrade , and probably cheaper at this point in both thier careers.

Sorry, had to add Elvis.

Is it weird of me to think revis-dumerville additions would put tampa's defense near the top ten?

Agreed , Dumervil would also be an upgrade .

...and Abraham can play left. He lined up on the left sometimes on passing downs for the Falcons to take advantage of a match-up. He did it against Trueblood a few time I can remember.

"Nolan, who was with the Jets when Abraham broke into the league, doesn’t mind letting him move around from right end to left end in order to get a favorable matchup."
 http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-10-17/atlanta-falcons-john-abraham-sacks-nfl-stats-week-7-fantasy-football-defense

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #18 : March 08, 2013, 10:50:11 AM »

I could really careless is we resign Bennett or not .
Say what?

He's a DE who can't pass rush , and is going to get overpaid . Why should I care ?
Oh, so you do know how to write in English.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 08, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »

Abraham played RDE most of his career

Because of his arm, Clayborn only plays RDE

Bennett plays LDE.

Doesn't seem to fit.
I'm not at all saying to sign Abraham, but the last 2-3 years in Atlanta he has played a lot of LDE on passing downs in sub packages.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #20 : March 08, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »

Yeah, Abraham has bounced all over their DL recently - especially with Nolan at DC.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 08, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »

Yeah, Abraham has bounced all over their DL recently - especially with Nolan at DC.
He can't beat left tackles anymore. Most of his sacks are against right tackles.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
« #22 : March 08, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »

@CommishOnline

I can confirm that #Bucs DE Michael Bennett will most likely leave #Bucs during free agency, but will give them a chance to match any offer.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 08, 2013, 07:34:41 PM »

@CommishOnline

I can confirm that #Bucs DE Michael Bennett will most likely leave #Bucs during free agency, but will give them a chance to match any offer.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass , Mr. Can't Get Double Digit Sacks.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #24 : March 09, 2013, 07:29:14 AM »

@CommishOnline

I would assume this is exactly what dominik wants. Check market value and if it's near our number we will pay it

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Bennet closer look « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools