Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#120 : March 08, 2013, 03:21:43 PM

I recently went back and rewatched every play of Flacco's from this past season.

why?  how long did that take?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#121 : March 08, 2013, 03:23:54 PM

I recently went back and rewatched every play of Flacco's from this past season.

He must still be watching that...Jesus...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#122 : March 08, 2013, 03:41:01 PM

It was about a month ago, right after they won the SB. It was around the time that people were hating on Flacco simply because people were saying that he is better than Freeman. I wanted to provide a comprehensive look at his entire season. I made my point in a thread without having to go through a play by play of Flacco's season, but it did allow me to fairly and appropriately comment on his play this past season since I had seen them all.

It didn't take too long. With NFL rewind's condensed game feature, you can make it through a full game in less than 30 minutes. I fit a few games in here and there and finished watching them in a few days time.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

gone

Hall of Famer
#123 : March 08, 2013, 04:08:08 PM

LOL at "Beast Mode".  More like "Jump Ball Mode"

One read guy.  This is more of a VJax/Williams highlight reel than a Freeman reel.

Looks just like the jump balls thrown by Joe Flacco en route to a SB

Flacco had a couple of Jumpers, no doubt.  He was also elusive, efficient, consistent, made a ton of short-intermediate throws and made some great decisions at clutch moments.  Any of that sound remotely like Freeman?

Flacco, also threw for less than 60% accuracy, threw less TDs, and less yards while having more attempts than Josh. TD:INT was 22:10 for Flacco, 27:17 for Freeman. Better than Josh but it's not like he was in another league. He rushed for 22 yards on 32 attempts (not a typo) and was sacked 35 times. Josh had 139 yds on 39 attempts and was sacked 26 times, so not sure where the "elusive" comment came from. Here's what Flacco did have though.....the 17th ranked defense in the league. Freeman had the 29th overall defense in the league, even though the rush D was tops in the NFL. There's your difference.

Great decisions in clutch moments? How many 4th quarter comebacks has Freeman led?

We're talking about the postseason here "en route to the SB"

gone

Hall of Famer
#124 : March 08, 2013, 04:08:41 PM

ANd how many 4th quarter comebacks has Josh led against good teams/defenses?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#125 : March 08, 2013, 04:19:06 PM

ANd how many 4th quarter comebacks has Josh led against good teams/defenses?

or provide comebacks in games in which he didn't completely sh*t the bed in the first 2-3 qtrs?...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#126 : March 09, 2013, 07:24:30 AM

LOL at "Beast Mode".  More like "Jump Ball Mode"

One read guy.  This is more of a VJax/Williams highlight reel than a Freeman reel.

Looks just like the jump balls thrown by Joe Flacco en route to a SB

Flacco had a couple of Jumpers, no doubt.  He was also elusive, efficient, consistent, made a ton of short-intermediate throws and made some great decisions at clutch moments.  Any of that sound remotely like Freeman?

Yes, except for the running.  JF has cement legs, but yes they are similiar in everything else.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#127 : March 09, 2013, 07:26:45 AM

Great highlights, kid can play,
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools