Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : March 06, 2013, 06:07:58 PM

It's kinda cute how Java and Doloris have each others back tho. Trolls b tight.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#46 : March 06, 2013, 06:10:24 PM

Its kind of pathetic how Java has nothing better to do than keep coming back here with a different costume on.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 06, 2013, 06:49:53 PM

When Java's main account is finally taken off "muted" status, the dude will still stick to the "I have only ever had two user accounts on PR" story.

What a liar.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 06, 2013, 07:42:50 PM

"... so incredibly bad it is hard to stomach..."    That is hyperbole at it's finest JDub.

I wish it was. Unfortunately, I am sure than anyone who logs onto nfl rewind right now and watches weeks 12 thru 16 will agree that is fact.

First off, Freeman lead a heroic comeback against Carolina. Even if the rest of the game was mediocre. He wasn't terrible in Atlanta, and the NFL season is sixteen weeks. You are so focused on four games. Versus the rest of the body of work. How about the four games in which he was incredibly dominant? Why do you not take that into consideration?

Jutt

Starter
#49 : March 06, 2013, 08:19:36 PM

"... so incredibly bad it is hard to stomach..."    That is hyperbole at it's finest JDub.

I wish it was. Unfortunately, I am sure than anyone who logs onto nfl rewind right now and watches weeks 12 thru 16 will agree that is fact.

First off, Freeman lead a heroic comeback against Carolina. Even if the rest of the game was mediocre. He wasn't terrible in Atlanta, and the NFL season is sixteen weeks. You are so focused on four games. Versus the rest of the body of work. How about the four games in which he was incredibly dominant? Why do you not take that into consideration?

Because that would require thinking and using logic.

And since you guys wanna sh1t on Freeman so bad, how do you think the season woulda faired if we had Danny O under center? Lets use our brains here kids.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 06, 2013, 08:34:42 PM

Because that would require thinking and using logic.

And since you guys wanna sh1t on Freeman so bad, how do you think the season woulda faired if we had Danny O under center? Lets use our brains here kids.

I'm sure the receivers would've bailed him out too.  ::)

Josh has some work to do but busting on him for not looking off DBs and going through progressions while completing a 60 yard pass is pretty ridiculous.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 06, 2013, 08:41:00 PM

The discussion I was having was about the end of the season... So that is why that comment was focused on the final games of the season. Makes sense? If you are going to jump in and make judgmental comments, the least you can do is read the entire thread so you aren't talking out your ass.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#52 : March 06, 2013, 08:47:18 PM

Apparently starting slow, regressing as the season goes on, and playing horrible in the last 3rd of the season is ok, because he went on a 5 game tear mid season vs garbage teams. Who knew.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 06, 2013, 09:39:36 PM

Apparently starting slow, regressing as the season goes on, and playing horrible in the last 3rd of the season is ok, because he went on a 5 game tear mid season vs garbage teams. Who knew.

Outside of the obvious games where he struggled (@NO, STL), what other games did he play "horrible"? Philly? He put the team in a position to win the game late. Defense blew it. @ ATL? That was a victory. If ATL didnt want to win, they wouldve pulled their starters. @ DEN? Id say he was average considering that every QB gives up a pick-6 from time to time, especially against hot teams in their house. So I ask, outside of the two games that I identified, where did he play "horrible"? Better yet, what is your definition of "horrible"? Im assuming, based on your standards, that at least 25-27 of the 32 starting QBs in the league would be "horrible" in your eyes.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

gone

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 07, 2013, 02:49:40 AM

When has he done anything other than chuck up Jump Balls and pray his WRs make the play for him?

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#55 : March 07, 2013, 06:23:56 AM

If Freeman was as bad as some of you make him out to be then two of the best offensive players in the league (Nicks, VJax) wouldn't have signed here last offseason. I've never heard a teammate or coach come out with anything bad to say about Freeman, and I think by now we would have heard some complaints if there was really something that terribly wrong with his game. And him "throwing jump balls" to guys....some players just prefer the ball being thrown like that so they can use their size or athleticism to their advantage. If we had just an average or a little below average pass defense then we would have been a playoff team and probably not even having this conversation.

Oracle

Starter

#56 : March 07, 2013, 06:54:26 AM

When has he done anything other than chuck up Jump Balls and pray his WRs make the play for him?

He's lucky to have the best WR combo in Buc history.   Imagine him throwing it up like that to Lamar Thomas and Alvin Harper.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 07, 2013, 07:16:26 AM

Outside of the obvious games where he struggled (@NO, STL), what other games did he play "horrible"? Philly? He put the team in a position to win the game late. Defense blew it. @ ATL? That was a victory. If ATL didnt want to win, they wouldve pulled their starters. @ DEN? Id say he was average considering that every QB gives up a pick-6 from time to time, especially against hot teams in their house. So I ask, outside of the two games that I identified, where did he play "horrible"? Better yet, what is your definition of "horrible"? Im assuming, based on your standards, that at least 25-27 of the 32 starting QBs in the league would be "horrible" in your eyes.

Don't try and come at the over-reactionaries with rationale abd perspective , they will just pout .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#58 : March 07, 2013, 08:17:45 AM

I just want to know one thing guys....

When freeman is resigned, are you going to be the "new java?" (Ask yourself this. Some soul searching is required.)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#59 : March 07, 2013, 08:58:52 AM

I think J Dub raises some good points here. You can't give freeman passes for everything, at the same time though you have to give him credit for what he does well.

1) He throws a GREAT deep ball.
2) He has a good arm
3) He does show good placement on those jump balls. It's not as easy as it looks
4) He did come thru in clutch moments in the season. Yes we should have not been in that situation, but he did win us games, and put us in position to win, our defense just caved.

but lets not forget

1) He gets into 3rd quarter funks
2) Tries to do too much
3) Has bad short pass accuracy
4) Has TERRIBLE games sometimes haha

This was his first year in a new system, and I think he will improve next year. Let sign a good slot guy (look at the production of steve smith and cruz in the giants offense). Freeman is a level headed guy, and I think he will understand why we cannot fully commit to him. He was terrible down the stretch last season. But I'm excited to see what he does in year 2 in Sully's offense. If not, whoever we draft is walking into a freaking stacked offense.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools