Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Highlights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

PewterPirate54

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#15 : March 06, 2013, 08:25:47 AM

LOL at "Beast Mode".  More like "Jump Ball Mode"

One read guy.  This is more of a VJax/Williams highlight reel than a Freeman reel.
Beast mode.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 06, 2013, 08:36:15 AM

One read guy.  This is more of a VJax/Williams highlight reel than a Freeman reel.

I posted this video in the Vincent Jackson thread for exactly that reason. I guess the OP thought it deserved it's own thread. I got ripped for pointing out the negatives when I posted it, but I'm glad others in this thread aren't blind.

1. Many of the throws are inaccurate and should have been Ints, but do to bad defense and great effort by Williams and Jackson....they are huge receptions for big yards and many TDs.

2. Almost every single highlight on here is to Freeman's first read. There are no highlights of him going through progressions and making a big play to his 2nd or 3rd option because Freeman doesn't do that. He stares down his #1 option and if it's there, we have the WRs to make the play. Even if the ball is poorly thrown. If it's not there, you are looking at an in completion, sack, or interception.

3. Freeman went from looking being a truly unique dual threat QB in 2010, to looking like Peyton Manning when he runs in 2012. Somehow he went from fat and mobile to skinny and completely void of agility or speed. On the rare occasion when he actually moves around to extend a play, he doesn't even look athletic. WTF happen to the kid we drafted from Kansas? I haven't seen him a two years. This new guy sucks rocks.

4. When Freeman use to shake off would be sacks and run around to extend plays, it made up for his inability to progress though his reads. Now he still can't go through his reads but he just stands in the pocket like a statue. It's a bad combo which breeds inconsistency. He'll get his big plays and big stats with the WRs we have, but the inability to keep drives going and convert 3rd downs will always keep the post season just out of reach, and if we do manage to slip in....Freeman's inconsistency almost guarantees us a one and done showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-8W5vVj7Ww
: March 06, 2013, 08:38:00 AM JDouble

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 06, 2013, 08:47:16 AM

I don't buy the "one read" crap. As far as jump balls go there were a few in there. There were also some very nice passes from Freeman. Every QB throws jump balls. They are called "opportunity balls." Your boy Flacco does it all the time.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 06, 2013, 08:49:39 AM

I posted this video in the Vincent Jackson thread for exactly that reason. I guess the OP thought it deserved it's own thread. I got ripped for pointing out the negatives when I posted it, but I'm glad others in this thread aren't blind.

1. Many of the throws are inaccurate and should have been Ints, but do to bad defense and great effort by Williams and Jackson....they are huge receptions for big yards and many TDs.

2. Almost every single highlight on here is to Freeman's first read. There are no highlights of him going through progressions and making a big play to his 2nd or 3rd option because Freeman doesn't do that. He stares down his #1 option and if it's there, we have the WRs to make the play. Even if the ball is poorly thrown. If it's not there, you are looking at an in completion, sack, or interception.

3. Freeman went from looking being a truly unique dual threat QB in 2010, to looking like Peyton Manning when he runs in 2012. Somehow he went from fat and mobile to skinny and completely void of agility or speed. On the rare occasion when he actually moves around to extend a play, he doesn't even look athletic. WTF happen to the kid we drafted from Kansas? I haven't seen him a two years. This new guy sucks rocks.

4. When Freeman use to shake off would be sacks and run around to extend plays, it made up for his inability to progress though his reads. Now he still can't go through his reads but he just stands in the pocket like a statue. It's a bad combo which breeds inconsistency. He'll get his big plays and big stats with the WRs we have, but the inability to keep drives going and convert 3rd downs will always keep the post season just out of reach, and if we do manage to slip in....Freeman's inconsistency almost guarantees us a one and done showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-8W5vVj7Ww

Jdouble. There were a few in which he went through "progressions." He hit Tiquan Underwood after going through his "progressions" for example. This video is good to see because it reminds you of all the good and does not allow one to live in a vacuum. (focus on the last couple of bad games)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 06, 2013, 08:57:08 AM

Like I said in the VJax thread.....watching us light it up for a 5 game stretch verse the worst teams in the league will make you feel all warm inside, but watch the final 6 games and it's a much different feeling. Freeman was so incredibly bad it is hard to stomach. It's not even like we suddenly played great teams either. We got beat by the Rams and a joke of a an Eagles team. We also go blown out 41-0 by the Saints...who had THE WORST defense in the entire league.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 06, 2013, 09:05:25 AM

So, if its all "the receivers making him look good", then why not start Orlovsky? It's a highlight reel and Josh made some damn good plays. He has trust in his receivers and puts the ball in a position that enables them to make plays. Bunch of hate in this thread.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

PewterPirate54

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 06, 2013, 09:05:39 AM

Like I said in the VJax thread.....watching us light it up for a 5 game stretch verse the worst teams in the league will make you feel all warm inside, but watch the final 6 games and it's a much different feeling. Freeman was so incredibly bad it is hard to stomach. It's not even like we suddenly played great teams either. We got beat by the Rams and a joke of a an Eagles team. We also go blown out 41-0 by the Saints...who had THE WORST defense in the entire league.
we did lose to the eagles where the defense gave up 400 yds passing to nick Foles and the game winner to Foles...damn Freeman you suck!

Oracle

Starter

#22 : March 06, 2013, 09:13:46 AM

damn Freeman you suck!

Nobody is arguing that.   As a matter of fact, I just made it my sig line.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 06, 2013, 09:15:28 AM

we did lose to the eagles where the defense gave up 400 yds passing to nick Foles and the game winner to Foles...damn Freeman you suck!

We scored zero points in the first half and went 3 and out repeatedly for 3/4 of the game. Freeman also threw two picks deep in our own territory. He was 14 of 34 for the day. Even though Martin had 128 rushing yards, Freeman was so horrible we couldn't score any points or even convert a 3rd down until mid way thru the 3rd quarter...but yeah, it was the defenses' fault. They held Bryce Brown (who was the talk of the league after blowing up for his first two games) to 6 yards on 12 carries.....but lets blame them because they couldn't overcome their garbage offense putting them on the field in bad situations all day long. GTFO.
: March 06, 2013, 09:22:59 AM JDouble

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 06, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

WTF happen to the kid we drafted from Kansas?

We traded him to the Pats' for like a 4th rd pick.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 06, 2013, 09:23:18 AM

By halftime Freeman had less than 50 yards. It puts defenses in a bad position when the offense have multiple short drives that result in punts. The defense had six sacks that game. Thats damn good but they had no help from the offense. Don't get me wrong, I like Freeman but we have to call it how it is.

PewterPirate54

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 06, 2013, 09:23:33 AM

We scored zero points in the first half and went 3 and out repeatedly for 3/4 of the game. Freeman also threw two picks deep in our own territory. Even though Martin had 128 rushing yards, Freeman was so horrible we couldn't score any points or even convert a 3rd down until mid way thru the 3rd quarter...but yeah, it was the defenses' fault. They held Bryce Brown (who was the talk of the league after blowing up for his first two games) to 6 yards on 12 carries.....but lets blame them because they couldn't overcome their garbage offense putting them on the field in bad situations all day long. GTFO.
You are quite wrong sir Freeman was threw for 189 yds 2TDs 0 ints with the lead in the 4th about 2 min to go and Foles drives all the way down the filed

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 06, 2013, 09:28:36 AM

I was wrong, he didn't throw two interceptions. Everything else is correct. Freeman was like 4 of 16 for 50 yards at halftime.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 06, 2013, 10:23:18 AM

Sorry, I thought Minnesota was a playoff team? I thought they beat the Niners?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 06, 2013, 10:26:55 AM

"... so incredibly bad it is hard to stomach..."    That is hyperbole at it's finest JDub.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools