Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watched EJ Manuel with Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
: March 08, 2013, 09:40:31 AM

I work in the telecom park off of Fletcher but am taking 1-2 class a semester at USF to finish my degree in MIS, so I am currently living in an apartment off of 50th street.  I came home from a half day of work and noticed across my street, on the practice football field, a raised platform in the sky with a camera so I went to check it out. When I arrived, there were just a few cameras and 0 spectators but I got closer and realized it was Jon Gruden and EJ Manuel lol. So the ESPN Gruden camp is secretly going on right across from my apartment. I know Jon Gruden well enough for him to recognize me so I may attend more.

Anyway I got to watch Manuel throw the ball. There is not much scouting you can do because there wasn't enough to watch but I did see some interesting things. He threw really nice deep balls. Beautiful looking throws on the long go routes. When he rolled out with Gruden running after him and yelling in his face he threw a few that weren't even in the vicinity of his target. He then corrected them. His mid range passes lacked a little zip. I'd say he seemed similar to Freeman in this small example. He had some very nice passes with but some accuracy problems. Taller than I expected though. He also looks like a great athlete but didn't really display any great athleticism.

Just thought a few would be interested.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 08, 2013, 10:01:07 AM

Only jdouble will be interested,  lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 08, 2013, 10:07:45 AM

Sounds romantic.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 08, 2013, 10:20:53 AM

Sounds romantic.
Its Gruden and a football prospect so it was very romantic

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 08, 2013, 10:21:45 AM

Yea maybe it wasn't new topic worthy, I should have just PMed Jdub.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 08, 2013, 10:25:49 AM

I thought it was interesting.. Thanks for sharing

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 08, 2013, 10:36:44 AM

Good read Pep

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 08, 2013, 10:43:46 AM

Yea maybe it wasn't new topic worthy, I should have just PMed Jdub.

Nah.....interesting read.......I, though, would have demanded that Manuel throw me some passes.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 08, 2013, 01:14:56 PM

Thanks for the info.  Sounded like a fun thing. 

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 08, 2013, 02:17:49 PM

What does Gruden know about developing a young QB. Just saying.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 08, 2013, 02:35:22 PM

What does Gruden know about developing a young QB. Just saying.

This

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

Oracle

Starter

#11 : March 08, 2013, 02:41:11 PM

My bet is you give Gruden Andrew Luck and he develops great.   Give anyone Chris Simms and they won't develop him all that well.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 08, 2013, 05:09:58 PM

FWIW, Gruden has not been bad with his analysis in this. He called Jimmy Clausen being awful, was really the first one on the Russell Wilson wagon.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watched EJ Manuel with Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools