Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 158

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#2160 : May 15, 2013, 04:36:25 PM

George Winn - RB - Free Agent

Texans waived RB George Winn and OT Dann O'Neill.
Winn was Mel Kiper Jr.'s "No. 1 sleeper running back," but made it just 17 days on the roster. Although it's never good news for an undrafted rookie to get waived this early in the offseason, it could be more an indication of the Texans' running back depth than an indictment of Winn's skill. He'll look to latch on elsewhere as a camp body.

Hoist the Battleflag

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2161 : May 15, 2013, 04:42:32 PM

Carimi has been awful for the Bears. I thought he was a good player coming out and Wisconsin usually puts out some good OL talent.

Like Dan Buenning!

Dan "the beast" Buenning !!

Jerry Wunsch's Circle of Friends !!

Wisconsin lineman are clearly not always home-runs ....
: May 15, 2013, 04:44:08 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#2162 : May 15, 2013, 05:42:46 PM

Pats have no Love for diabetics.
========================
Patriots released/non-football illness DT Kyle Love.
Only 26 years old and a 24-game starter next to Vince Wilfork the past two seasons, Love recently lost a large amount of weight and was diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. The Love camp is confident he'll be 100 percent soon. Love recorded 4.5 sacks between 2011 and 2012, and last year graded out as a top-20 run-stuffing defensive tackle in Pro Football Focus' ratings, although the Pats had clearly begun to sour on him. Still young with a history of effectiveness, 6-foot-1, 310-pound Love should generate interest around the NFL.
Source: ESPN Boston

Hoist the Battleflag

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2163 : May 15, 2013, 06:53:36 PM

Winn was Mel Kiper Jr.'s "No. 1 sleeper running back," but made it just 17 days on the roster. Although it's never good news for an undrafted rookie to get waived this early in the offseason, it could be more an indication of the Texans' running back depth than an indictment of Winn's skill. He'll look to latch on elsewhere as a camp body.

I don't usually agree with Kiper on much, but I really like Winn. I'd love to see us sign him and I think he is at the very least, every bit as good as Mike James. I'd feel ok about Martin, Winn, and James. Dude is a good guy, smart, well spoken, no troubles on or off the field. We has barely used his first there years so there is no wear and tear and no injuries. He finally got his chance to be the starting RB this year and racked up 1334 rushing yards and 13 TDs as well as 15 receptions for 128 yards. Also, he looks impressive in pass protection in his highlights. At the combine he measured in at just over 5'10" and 218lbs...so he has the perfect build. If you haven't seen or heard of him.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgc29r9BiqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdfzoK7-f3M

Draft Aaron Donald

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#2164 : May 16, 2013, 10:06:05 AM

I don't usually agree with Kiper on much, but I really like Winn. I'd love to see us sign him and I think he is at the very least, every bit as good as Mike James. I'd feel ok about Martin, Winn, and James. Dude is a good guy, smart, well spoken, no troubles on or off the field. We has barely used his first there years so there is no wear and tear and no injuries. He finally got his chance to be the starting RB this year and racked up 1334 rushing yards and 13 TDs as well as 15 receptions for 128 yards. Also, he looks impressive in pass protection in his highlights. At the combine he measured in at just over 5'10" and 218lbs...so he has the perfect build. If you haven't seen or heard of him.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgc29r9BiqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdfzoK7-f3M
I see no reason not to bring the guy in and take a look.  He may end up being the 2nd best RB on the team.  It's not like we're loaded at the RB position. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2165 : May 16, 2013, 05:29:47 PM

zactly!

Draft Aaron Donald

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#2166 : May 18, 2013, 11:32:59 AM

Chargers strike 2-year deal with Dwight Freeney

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Chargers have agreed to terms with Dwight Freeney, formerly of the Colts, on a two-year contract.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Hoist the Battleflag

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#2167 : May 18, 2013, 12:49:43 PM

This guy caused me tourette's...

Jason Avant - WR - Eagles

The Eagles have been working WR Jason Avant at defensive back.
Coach Chip Kelly is certainly putting his stamp on the team. We already mentioned a couple of days ago how TE Clay Harbor was dabbling at outside linebacker. Avant set a career-high with 53 catches last season, but he's nothing more than a middling slot talent with no big-play ability. The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn, and Avant might be on the outside looking in at the 53-man roster.
Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

Hoist the Battleflag

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2168 : May 18, 2013, 01:01:47 PM

This guy caused me tourette's...

Jason Avant - WR - Eagles

The Eagles have been working WR Jason Avant at defensive back.
Coach Chip Kelly is certainly putting his stamp on the team. We already mentioned a couple of days ago how TE Clay Harbor was dabbling at outside linebacker. Avant set a career-high with 53 catches last season, but he's nothing more than a middling slot talent with no big-play ability. The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn, and Avant might be on the outside looking in at the 53-man roster.
Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter
Avant would be a good fit here. I would be shocked if they cut him because they have Benn.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#2169 : May 20, 2013, 09:51:58 AM

Saints GM: Will Smith playing outside 'backer

Saints GM Mickey Loomis says Will Smith will start off at outside linebacker in OTAs.
Smith is 6-foot-3, 282 pounds. It's a comical attempt to fit Smith into the Saints' new 3-4 defense, and an experiment almost certain to end in failure. Aside from a few snaps at weak-side linebacker as a rookie, Smith has spent his entire career as a base 4-3 end. Due a non-guaranteed $3 million after restructuring his contract, Smith is a candidate for trade or release.
Source: Larry Holder on Twitter

Hoist the Battleflag

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2170 : May 20, 2013, 11:13:26 AM

There is some depth at DE for us I'd like to have...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#2171 : May 20, 2013, 01:02:07 PM

Andre Fluellen - DL - Free Agent

Bears released DT Andre Fluellen.
Fluellen was signed just last month. The sixth-year journeyman appeared in five games between the Lions and Dolphins last season. He'll look to latch on elsewhere as a camp body.
Related: Dears
Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter

Hoist the Battleflag

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2172 : May 20, 2013, 02:30:29 PM

Eagles cut RB Miguel Maysonet. I'm not a fan, but I know some folks on here liked him.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2173 : May 21, 2013, 04:42:27 PM

http://kickoffcoverage.tumblr.com/post/51009459999/seahawks-release-recently-arrested-qb-josh

Draft Aaron Donald

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#2174 : May 22, 2013, 10:43:54 AM

John Abraham - DL - Free Agent

The Nashville Tennessean doesn't expect the Titans to sign free agent John Abraham.
"All those clamoring for a John Abraham signing should brace themselves for disappointment," tweeted beat writer Jim Wyatt. "The money Dwight Freeney got didn't help things." The Titans had been "staying in touch" with Abraham as recently as two Fridays ago, but Freeney scored a two-year, $8.75 million deal with $4.75 million guaranteed from the Chargers over the weekend. Tennessee has just over $6 million in cap room, and it hasn't signed a single draft pick yet.
Related: Tincans
Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Hoist the Battleflag
Page: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 158
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 FA Tracker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools