Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Danny Amendola: Bucs should be going Ape #### trying to bring this guy In !!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 08, 2013, 04:09:54 PM

Why? So Freeman can't connect with him in stride or just miss him altogether? Lock up Williams, look for a late-round, CHEAPER option in the Draft and make Freeman earn his big pay day with the very nice toys he already has in place.

Regardless of Freeman's performance, the Bucs shouldnt pass on opprotunity to bring in a high-end offensive weapon. Amendola (if he can stay healthy) would be worlds better than Underwood. He is a better route runner and can return punts and kicks. Also, whose to say that better routes being ran out of the slot wouldnt make him better? Underwood played decent but route running is not his speciality and in fact, has a long way to go in that aspect.

Another way to look at it would be by looking at the QB position beyond 2013. What if Freeman is replaced by a better QB in 2014? A receiving corps or Jackson/Williams/Amendola would be among the best in the NFL.

Again, just don't understand why you pass on a weapon like him based on the preceived limitations of your QB.
: March 08, 2013, 04:12:06 PM Hayseed

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 08, 2013, 04:30:09 PM

hayseed - how much would you pay amendola?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 08, 2013, 04:48:09 PM

Maybe Taekwon can learn to run a route?

vicious00cycle

Starter
#18 : March 08, 2013, 05:13:28 PM

If/when we get another QB, I expect him to also be able to take advantage of a great set of receivers, solid o-line, and that guy named Martin in our backfield.... I think we need to invest all of our available resources and energy into fixing the defense, esp. the secondary. End of story. Draft a slot guy in late rounds and he'll come cheap enough. At this rate we're gonna be propping Freeman up with 8-10 good-great pieces around him and then over-pay him after next season. I simply want the kid to show that he can get it done, against GOOD teams, without needing all the weapons we're talking about giving him. He has plenty to work with right now.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 08, 2013, 05:25:24 PM

Good post (above).

Can Free do it?  He hasn't done much, and I doubt he will however.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 08, 2013, 05:34:29 PM

Meh. Nothing special with him. Played in only 12 games in  the last 2 years. 7 career TDs.

His return history is 10 yards per punt return, 23 yards per KO return, and 0 punt or KO TDs.

No thanks.

I have yet to comprehend the fascination with this guy. Add to that that our QB lacks the ability to take advantage of his skillset and i feel it'd be a turrrrrible acquisition.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 08, 2013, 05:59:54 PM

Meh. Nothing special with him. Played in only 12 games in  the last 2 years. 7 career TDs.

His return history is 10 yards per punt return, 23 yards per KO return, and 0 punt or KO TDs.

No thanks.

I have yet to comprehend the fascination with this guy. Add to that that our QB lacks the ability to take advantage of his skillset and i feel it'd be a turrrrrible acquisition.

How do you know he lacks the ability to take advantage of his skill set if he's never had a player at that position with his skill set??????????????

Stroughter, Parker, Underwood<Amendola

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 08, 2013, 06:29:31 PM

His inability to process information quickly and throw the ball accurately tells me all I need to know

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 08, 2013, 07:15:11 PM

That...paired with the fact that he just isn't all that great of a WR and is not stellar at returning kicks either. Were better off drafting a shifty/speed 3rd option than overpaying for an injury prone average WR who doesn't have a knack for finding the endzone.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 08, 2013, 07:26:13 PM

We have too many free agent needs to be dropping major cash on a slot guy. If you think it is a major need than pick one in the 3rd round.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 08, 2013, 08:39:48 PM

Were better off drafting a shifty/speed 3rd option than overpaying for an injury prone average WR who doesn't have a knack for finding the endzone.

signed,
Sammy Stroughter, Arrelius Benn, Michael Smith  :-*

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 08, 2013, 08:40:37 PM

You guys act as if 3rd rounder = success. Why? "Just pick a guy in the third round...." Why, when I can have a guy who has had some success in the role with Sam Friggin Bradford as his QB and no other legitimate receivers. Imagine what he can do with Jackson/Williams on the outside.

Im no longer going to attempt to justify the "Freeman can't get the ball to him" argument with further comment. 

: March 08, 2013, 09:05:59 PM Hayseed

Oracle

Starter

#27 : March 08, 2013, 08:57:28 PM

According to my girlfriend, If they signed Amendola, he would immediately be the best looking guy on the team too.   Not much competition on the Bucs for that though.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#28 : March 08, 2013, 09:37:42 PM

You guys act as if 3rd rounder = success. Why? "Just pick a guy in the third round...." Why, when I can have a guy who has had some success in the role with Sam Friggin Bradford as his QB and no other legitimate receivers. Imagine what he can do with Jackson/Williams on the outside.

Im no longer going to attempt to justify the "Freeman can't get the ball to him" argument with further comment.

And you act like Amendola is going to be the cure-all solution for the slot. Bottom line: Be it a third round rookie or Amendola, nobody can be sure what we're gonna get. Amendola hasn't exactly jumped off the page as the next "Can't miss Slot receiver!" So how do you decide? Money. 3rd rounder will come cheaper, Amendola will most likely get overpaid. All the current guys we have on offense need to be locked up and save for a few tweaks here and there, let's seriously drop the discussion of bringing in yet ANOTHER "receiver to help Freeman". The dude has pieces in place. Now let him go use what he has to get what he wants: Franchise Money. Boom. Easy. Next thread please.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 08, 2013, 09:41:14 PM

Don't pay him "can't miss" money. I'm not suggesting breaking the bank to get the guy. He can come at a bargain. He is a #3 in the minds of most. He will be paid as such or not be a part of this team.  And he doesn't help Freeman. He helps the Bucs win games.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Danny Amendola: Bucs should be going Ape #### trying to bring this guy In !!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools