Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Going linebacker in round 1. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: March 08, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

I have a feeling CBs will be added in FA, and the FO will resign Bennett and draft a guy like Hunt.

But Foster and David are locks to start, but after that the linebackers are replaceable depth guys.

Who is the best fit at linebacker for the downhill Bucs?  I think the Bucs will draft one of the Georgia boys.

meekerbeastman

Second String

#1 : March 08, 2013, 05:51:25 PM

Teo - so he can teach wright to use imaginary PEDS, so he can teach Freeman to throw imaginary pics, So he can teach Barron to stop making imaginary tackles, and so he can teach our DE's how to find their imaginary sacks

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 08, 2013, 05:54:21 PM

No thanks to Manti.

Bailed on him after the Bama game. And then the GF thing was the cherry on top o'that **CENSORED**e sundae.

Dude has issues.

MCCCXXXVII

Practice Squad

#3 : March 08, 2013, 06:11:02 PM

Arthur Brown doesn't really have the ideal size for MLB but I think it you could take him in the 2nd, stick him in the middle, and slide Foster over to SLB. He's a 3-down linebacker.

He has very good speed, is usually in the right place at the right time, and excels in coverage. His skillset is comparable to David's. Normally this would him a much better fit at WLB, but the run defense is in good shape already and the ability to cover TEs and WRs is more important than it ever has been.

zsmith22

Starter

#4 : March 08, 2013, 06:21:24 PM

Jarvis jones would be the only LB I'd take. But that's only if hes medically cleared

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 08, 2013, 06:22:00 PM

I think without a doubt the Bucs go linebacker in round 1.  I do not think they wait til round two, where they can shore up the secondary, infuse some youth into a veteran laden mix...get groomed properly.  Unlike Myron Lewis.

Jones might be the guy.  (if available)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060483/article/jarvis-jones-georgia-linebacker-might-be-top-college-defender

Alec Ogletree has a lot of upside. 

Regardless, I think the BUcs will get a linebacker with their first pick.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 08, 2013, 06:27:14 PM

I think without a doubt the Bucs go linebacker in round 1.  I do not think they wait til round two, where they can shore up the secondary, infuse some youth into a veteran laden mix...get groomed properly.  Unlike Myron Lewis.

Jones might be the guy.  (if available)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060483/article/jarvis-jones-georgia-linebacker-might-be-top-college-defender

Alec Ogletree has a lot of upside. 

Regardless, I think the BUcs will get a linebacker with their first pick.

Without a doubt? Nothing is certain when it comes to the draft.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 08, 2013, 06:29:51 PM

That is my opinion.  "Without a doubt."  No stuttering.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 08, 2013, 06:32:52 PM

If we are going OLB in rd 1....Jones. More versatility.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 08, 2013, 06:37:42 PM

I'd love Jones as a Buc and would take him first round also, saying without a doubt we take a LB in the first round is pretty **CENSORED**ing stupid though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 08, 2013, 06:41:34 PM

If we are going OLB in rd 1....Jones. More versatility.
Wouldn't mind that at all.  Versatile defender who has produced at a very high level, he thickens up the depth chart.

Signing a Kruger/Bennett/Aso/Toler would be a nice start.  Adding Jones and the CB from Rutgers would be a nice offseason haul.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 08, 2013, 06:42:04 PM

I'd love Jones as a Buc and would take him first round also, saying without a doubt we take a LB in the first round is pretty **CENSORED**ing stupid though.
Until it happens.  Then who would be stupid? :-*

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 08, 2013, 06:45:54 PM

It's still a stupid statement regardless. What if Jones is gone before we pick. Are we still without a doubt taking a LB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 08, 2013, 06:55:29 PM

It's still a stupid statement regardless. What if Jones is gone before we pick. Are we still without a doubt taking a LB.
I said it didn't I?

Jesus, how much more can I tell you that I am owning that statement?

Holey moley. :P

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 08, 2013, 06:58:26 PM

As long as its a defender.   

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Going linebacker in round 1. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools