Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anybody else think Hayden Christensen was a great Anakin? « previous next »
Page: 1

MSU_Fan

Starter

: September 14, 2013, 08:04:16 PM

There, I said it. Hayden was a great Anakin, and I'm seriously not kidding. Seriously, a lot of people bash the hell out of his performance, but I thought he was great. He really embodied Anakin's fear and anxiety really well, you could see the agony in his eyes ESPECIALLY in Episode III. That's not to say he wasn't great in Episode II, just not as much as Episode III. People complain that he was far too awkward and painful when engaged in romantic scenes, but he was a man divided between his duties as a Jedi an his rising emotions (Love, rage, e.t.c) And he was a teenager. If you were in his position, you wouldn't come of as a smooth ladies man who always knows what to say either. So in that respect, I thought he was very, VERY good. And that scene on Mustafar was done brilliantly in my personal opinion.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#1 : September 15, 2013, 12:29:22 AM

BUMP

replica

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 25, 2013, 05:49:56 PM

I want to see what JJ Abrams can do, the new Star Treks were great

MSU_Fan

Starter

#3 : October 04, 2013, 11:42:27 PM

I want to see what JJ Abrams can do, the new Star Treks were great

I'm honestly pissed as all hell. If Abrams had explored The Old Republic Universe, this may have been acceptable. However, he's just making cashgrab sequels to the original trilogy, even though the Saga of the Skywalker clan is already perfect and complete.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 06, 2013, 03:55:13 PM

It was a great choice IMO.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 06, 2013, 04:57:10 PM

No

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 06, 2013, 09:13:43 PM

No.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#7 : October 07, 2013, 05:17:31 PM

No

No.

Alright...Why not?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 08, 2013, 01:19:55 PM

No

No.

Alright...Why not?

He acts like my 10 year old. His performances were horrible, nearly ruined the movies.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#9 : October 08, 2013, 09:36:55 PM

No

No.

Alright...Why not?

He acts like my 10 year old. His performances were horrible, nearly ruined the movies.

I disagree 100%. Is he awkward? Yes. Is he sometimes emotionless? Yes. But when you analyze the character that makes sense. He's going through multiple conflicting identities; former slave, lover, teenager, jedi and chosen one. Many of his emotions he faces during the films like anxiety, fear, rage, heartbreak and love conflict with the ideology of the Jedi. I espescially love the scene after he kills the Tuskens. "Life is so much simpler when you're fixing things..." Watch that whole scene again, Hayden has to display so many emotions; despair, arrogance, immaturity, fear, rage and regret, and he does ALL of them perfectly.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anybody else think Hayden Christensen was a great Anakin? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools