Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sternberg Talks, Stadium, Payroll, Attendance And Keeping Price « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#75 : May 28, 2013, 01:59:57 PM

this area isn't a genuine MLB city

depends on how you define "area" and "genuine"

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#76 : May 28, 2013, 04:25:51 PM

if Tampa supported the team, they'd still be more than 13k. There are minor league teams that draw better.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#77 : May 28, 2013, 06:50:55 PM

if Tampa supported the team, they'd still be more than 13k. There are minor league teams that draw better.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

Baseball is for most people nothing more than one of many entertainment options. People looking for entertainment options consider things like location and convenience.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#78 : May 28, 2013, 07:13:41 PM

Right you are.....and moving them to Tampa won't necessarily draw league avg .......don't think they'll break 10k tonight
: May 28, 2013, 07:15:48 PM Morgan

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#79 : May 28, 2013, 09:19:48 PM

I'm not sure about the "genuine MLB city" angle as that has a very negative connotation. TV ratings are pretty good so the basic interest is there. I do agree that a new stadium isn't going to increase attendance by itself no matter where it's built. The single biggest issue right now is that there may not be enough people with the means and motivation to go to enough games to support the team in a fashion which will change attendance figures all that dramatically. I believe the Bucs are in a bit of the same boat. Too many families in which taking the whole gang is a pretty big expense.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#80 : May 28, 2013, 10:43:05 PM

I'm not sure about the "genuine MLB city" angle as that has a very negative connotation. TV ratings are pretty good so the basic interest is there. I do agree that a new stadium isn't going to increase attendance by itself no matter where it's built. The single biggest issue right now is that there may not be enough people with the means and motivation to go to enough games to support the team in a fashion which will change attendance figures all that dramatically. I believe the Bucs are in a bit of the same boat. Too many families in which taking the whole gang is a pretty big expense.

I agree that pricing (or the value proposition) is tough for many professional sports, but that is really another argument against the Trop and probably an argument for a better stadium in a better location because location and convenience are part of the proposition. Add to thast the lack of potential corporate ticket/box buyers, and that just makes location that much more important because the team needs a lot of non-group ticket purchasers. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#81 : May 29, 2013, 04:54:53 AM

All good points.

13k last night. Pretty good for the Marlins after a long weekend.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#82 : May 29, 2013, 07:07:02 AM

There's just too many games in baseball. Who wants to be at a game on a Tuesday night till 11:00 that doesn't really mean anything ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#83 : May 29, 2013, 07:46:42 AM

There's just too many games in baseball. Who wants to be at a game on a Tuesday night till 11:00 that doesn't really mean anything ?

I agree. That's a point in favor of a downtown Tampa stadium where people can roll out from work

At some point sports that make most of there money from TV are going to have to start looking at stadium tickets as loss leaders

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#84 : May 29, 2013, 11:55:21 AM

Although I hate to say it, I have to agree w/ you. Last night's game wasn't over until after 10:30 pm. Then if it takes an hour or so to get home, and if you have kids, there's no way to attend a night game.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#85 : May 29, 2013, 01:57:28 PM

Although I hate to say it, I have to agree w/ you. Last night's game wasn't over until after 10:30 pm. Then if it takes an hour or so to get home, and if you have kids, there's no way to attend a night game.

It would be easier for some (and likely "more") if the stadium was in downtown Tampa because people would go after work with quicker trips home.  Still tough though

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#86 : June 13, 2013, 10:18:55 PM

Bad news - Rays losing again to KC (Eliot Johnson beating his old team again)

Good news - only about 9-10k people attended the game and witnessed the shellacking.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#87 : June 15, 2013, 05:38:24 PM

Bad News: Cobb just took a line drive to the head. Going to be carted off. Looked/sounded bad.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#88 : June 15, 2013, 05:55:34 PM

Bad News: Cobb just took a line drive to the head. Going to be carted off. Looked/sounded bad.

That looked exactly like when Jay Happ got hit.  Hope it turns out as well... or better.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#89 : June 22, 2013, 05:18:48 PM

http://www.raysindex.com/2013/06/wil-myers-first-career-home-run-was-a-grand-slam-off-c-c-sabathia.html?utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RaysIndex+%28Rays+Index%29&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedburner

Wasted grand slam by Myers.....
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sternberg Talks, Stadium, Payroll, Attendance And Keeping Price « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools