Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pranksters record two GMs discussing FA over phone. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 12, 2013, 11:55:57 AM

I wonder who the 3 players on the block are Dominick mentioned. Obviously one is Meridith, but who is the Corner and who is the other one?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 12, 2013, 11:56:28 AM

This is not even funny. Sorry. No one has the right to listen in on my private conversations. This is the Internet media at it's worst.

Get the stickout of your hole bro, its a couple of GMs talking about nothing.

It's still and invasion of privacy. This is on par with the cell phone hacking in Britain and the Aussie radio jocks that called the Brit Hospital when Princess Kate was admitted. That little prank caused a distraught nurse to kill herself.

Guess laws don't matter.

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#17 : March 12, 2013, 11:58:47 AM

Folks complain about Dom, but he is young and full of new ideas. I am sooo happy we don't have a GM that is old as dirt and clueless. I mean the Bills are hopeless with that dinosaur running the show!

This. Dom is an intelligent man. 

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 12, 2013, 11:58:55 AM

I didnt think Dominik said anything that terrible or telling on the call.  He was pretty guarded but it does look like he is shopping Meredith which is pretty strange as he provided great depth for the OL.   Buddy Nix sounded confused about everything.  I would be pretty nervous if I were a Bills fan

The Freeman

Starter

#19 : March 12, 2013, 11:59:36 AM

I wonder who the 3 players on the block are Dominick mentioned. Obviously one is Meridith, but who is the Corner and who is the other one?
Myron Lewis

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#20 : March 12, 2013, 12:01:07 PM

Biggers is the corner. I'm assuming Benn or Blount is the other.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 12, 2013, 12:03:43 PM

Biggers was the corner

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 12, 2013, 12:07:21 PM

It was a pretty harsh invasion of privacy. Someone should get in trouble for this, or it will continue and get worse. I'm just glad Dom didn't say anything dumb or controversial.

Imagine if when Nix was bagging on his QB, if Dom was like "Tell me about it! Our QB is on very thin ice too!" What a freaking circus that would have caused. Lucky to escape this prank untouched.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 12, 2013, 12:08:22 PM

I didn't think Dominik said anything that terrible or telling on the call.  He was pretty guarded but it does look like he is shopping Meredith which is pretty strange as he provided great depth for the OL.   Buddy Nix sounded confused about everything.  I would be pretty nervous if I were a Bills fan

Yeah, its no wonder why their franchise has been stagnant for so long. Feeling pretty good about Dominik these days.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 12, 2013, 12:09:54 PM

Dominik mentions that there are a couple Bucs free agents that he does not want to re-sign. Interesting wonder if one of them is Bennett?? Also for Dominik the three day window before free agency is just a means for the original team to be  bidding against itself and the agents driving the price up. Also he mentioned that he has had interest from other teams for Blount and Benn. Also he doesn't know what he is going to do with" the" corner presumably he is referencing Eric Wright and awaiting the decision from the league.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 12, 2013, 12:13:57 PM

It's not Biggers - Deadspin is wrong. He's a free agent and can't be traded.

It's probably Eric Wright. It's him, Blount, Benn, and Meredith. 4 players, not 3.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 12, 2013, 12:15:14 PM

Actually I assumed it was Wright, but maybe it's Lewis.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 12, 2013, 12:17:16 PM

Biggers was the corner

Biggers is a free agent. Dominick was talking about three players on the block, including Meredith. CB up for trade must be Lewis. Maybe Benn is the 3rd player.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 12, 2013, 12:17:59 PM

Interesting that Dom wants to re-sign Biggers though.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 12, 2013, 12:18:09 PM

Dominik mentions that there are a couple Bucs free agents that he does not want to re-sign. Interesting wonder if one of them is Bennett?? Also for Dominik the three day window before free agency is just a means for the original team to be  bidding against itself and the agents driving the price up. Also he mentioned that he has had interest from other teams for Blount and Benn. Also he doesn't know what he is going to do with" the" corner presumably he is referencing Eric Wright and awaiting the decision from the league.

Yucs, I'm guessing the players he doesn't want to sign at all are more obvious ones like Trueblood. I think he'd love to sign Bennett at the right price.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pranksters record two GMs discussing FA over phone. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools