Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pranksters record two GMs discussing FA over phone. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 12, 2013, 12:18:41 PM

Interesting that Dom wants to re-sign Biggers though.

Where does he say that?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 12, 2013, 12:23:41 PM

Love when stories like these take on a life of their own when in reality is nothing more than what you should expect

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 12, 2013, 12:29:17 PM

Interesting that Dom wants to re-sign Biggers though.

Where does he say that?

A little bit of inference, but talking about how the new rules make it a challenge to re-sign players the only name he brings up is Biggers.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 12, 2013, 12:31:07 PM

Biggers is worth keeping. Tampa won't need him to start anymore, Now he can play his role.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 12, 2013, 12:34:21 PM

I wonder who the 3 players on the block are Dominick mentioned. Obviously one is Meridith, but who is the Corner and who is the other one?

Biggers was the corner

My mistake. He just refers to him as the 'young corner'. If i had to bet on who it was, I'd say its Eric Wright. Wright seems to be the only player under contract that had any trade value, but that value was likely nullified by his large contract and recent suspension.

I also wonder who Dominik is referring to when he says "some players don't want to resign (with the Bucs)." Could it be Barber, Bennett, Biggers? The statement insinuates that there is more than one free agent who just flat out doesn't want to resign with Tampa Bay this year.
: March 12, 2013, 12:43:52 PM TampaBucks05

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 12, 2013, 12:36:26 PM

Interesting that Dom wants to resign Biggers though.

Where does he say that?

He doesn't. He just refers to him as the 'young corner'. The writer of the Deadspin article assumes it is Biggers, but it cant be Biggers since he is a free agent. That's where all the confusion is coming from. If i had to bet on it I'd say its Eric Wright. Wright seems to be the only player under contract that had any trade value, but that value is likely nullified by his large contract and recent suspension.

I also wonder who Dominik is referring to when he says 'some players don't want to resign (with the Bucs)." Could it be Barber, Bennett, Biggers? The statement insinuates that there is more than one free agent who just flat out don't want to resign with Tampa Bay this year.

If you listen to the full youtube recording, Dominick specifically mentions Biggers when he's discussing our free agents affected by the new rules. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 12, 2013, 12:37:03 PM

Funny how Dominik laments negotiating against yourself when that's pretty much all he's done since he's been in Tampa.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 12, 2013, 12:41:18 PM

Interesting that Dom wants to resign Biggers though.

Where does he say that?

He doesn't. He just refers to him as the 'young corner'. The writer of the Deadspin article assumes it is Biggers, but it cant be Biggers since he is a free agent. That's where all the confusion is coming from. If i had to bet on it I'd say its Eric Wright. Wright seems to be the only player under contract that had any trade value, but that value is likely nullified by his large contract and recent suspension.

I also wonder who Dominik is referring to when he says 'some players don't want to resign (with the Bucs)." Could it be Barber, Bennett, Biggers? The statement insinuates that there is more than one free agent who just flat out don't want to resign with Tampa Bay this year.

If you listen to the full youtube recording, Dominick specifically mentions Biggers when he's discussing our free agents affected by the new rules.

My mistake, thats what I get for posting too fast. Fixed it.
: March 12, 2013, 12:44:22 PM TampaBucks05

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 12, 2013, 12:41:25 PM

Funny how Dominik laments negotiating against yourself when that's pretty much all he's done since he's been in Tampa.

Lol. Silly

HolyBuc

Starter
#39 : March 12, 2013, 12:44:19 PM

That could of been a lot worse.  How the hell does Buddy Nix have a JOB?  Or worse who the hell hired him?  Not sure why deadspin wants the full weight of the NFL going after them.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 12, 2013, 12:56:01 PM

That could of been a lot worse.  How the hell does Buddy Nix have a JOB?  Or worse who the hell hired him?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 12, 2013, 12:56:54 PM

LOL^

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 12, 2013, 01:00:59 PM

I also wonder who Dominik is referring to when he says "some players don't want to resign (with the Bucs)." Could it be Barber, Bennett, Biggers? The statement insinuates that there is more than one free agent who just flat out doesn't want to resign with Tampa Bay this year.

I think you are reading that wrong - when Dom says "None of mine are signing. Not one of them. They don't want to sign," I think his point is that they are all simply using the 3 days as leverage. I say that based on what Dom says throughout that section and also because that's what Nix is getting at and Dom is responding to Nix at that point.

Also, he's also saying there are people HE doesn't want to resign. 

StashGraham

Rookie
#43 : March 12, 2013, 01:03:38 PM

I think you are reading that wrong - when Dom says "None of mine are signing. Not one of them. They don't want to sign," I think his point is that they are all simply using the 3 days as leverage. I say that based on what Dom says throughout that section and also because that's what Nix is getting at and Dom is responding to Nix at that point.

This^^^^

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 12, 2013, 01:05:20 PM

+1

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pranksters record two GMs discussing FA over phone. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools