Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE PANIC BUTTON « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Goldson38

Rookie
: March 14, 2013, 10:12:19 PM

Everyone needs to stop!  The last thing anyone thought was the Bucs would sit back and watch the purge of Cb today signing $5 - $6 million per year deals when everyone's knows their need for secondary help is dire. Add to that Bennett being shown the door and leaving on a one year 5 million dollar deal. For some that pill was to hard to swallow. Look closer at these corner back deals Sean Smith 3 years $18 million,  DRC 1 year $ 5 million, Derek Cox 4 years  $20 million, Keenan Lewis 5 years $26 million. Point is you can't build around a single one of these guys. There's a reason not a single one got broke the bank ,heir role players. The Bucs need a corner they can build their secondary around for 4 to 5 years. The only one is Revis , you can't band aid our secondary. Sure some of those corners are better than what's currently on the roster , so what. If your serious about building a secondary for the future you wait until a All- pro becomes available you pounce and make that your foundation to build around. Then you fill in the pieces. That's how you build a team that competes every year not for one or two.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 14, 2013, 10:14:30 PM

So what do you do when we don't get Revis?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 14, 2013, 10:15:01 PM

Pushed!

In Verner We Trust

danimal09

Starter

#3 : March 14, 2013, 10:15:29 PM

Thank you! I am sick over all the fans groaning about these average to below average CBs being signed off the market . Yes most thought we would be more active but Dom has always been about building through the draft and not over paying for a free agent that isn't an impact player. It is a winning strategy.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 14, 2013, 10:15:51 PM

Thanks for this post new guy, none of us ever thought anything like that before.  This poor community was absolutely without perspective until you came here.

You prolly want to take the caps off the title too before 3SK does it for you.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 14, 2013, 10:18:17 PM

The panic button is out of service because it has been used and abused by Bucs fans over the last 24 hours. It will be back in service once free agency and the draft are over with.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 14, 2013, 10:20:52 PM

So what do you do when we don't get Revis?

Who says we're not? What other team has the juice to get him? Not many. Everyone is freaking out but I think the Bucs know what they're doing right now. If we don't get Revis or Grimes, ill be pissed until I least see what happens in the draft. Until then, I'm going to trust the game plan.

kbl117

Starter

#7 : March 14, 2013, 10:21:56 PM

That's terrible reasoning

"if we can't have Revis, let's use the guys who bagged my groceries last week rather than sign very affordable proven capable NFL players"

There's a few names left at CB and De that can still make me think there's a plan, but you gotta scratch your head at this point

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 14, 2013, 10:22:20 PM

Another thing. I think the need for fiscal responsibility is important considering we have some of our own young stars to resign soon. MW19, Geraldini, and hopefully, Freeman.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 14, 2013, 10:23:18 PM

Thank you! I am sick over all the fans groaning about these average to below average CBs being signed off the market . Yes most thought we would be more active but Dom has always been about building through the draft and not over paying for a free agent that isn't an impact player. It is a winning strategy.

Eric Wright?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 14, 2013, 10:23:32 PM

Right so we can be sure to win seven games every year!

In Verner We Trust

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 14, 2013, 10:24:12 PM

They don't need to be our #1 CBs, for the relatively small contracts they would be a good #2, and a whole lot better than whatever we have right now. I don't see why we didn't pick one of them up and then try for Revis.

OKC_Buc

Starter

#12 : March 14, 2013, 10:24:34 PM

Not overpaying for a free agent that isn't an impact player?  Michael Clayton? Derrick Ward? Eric Wright? Jeremy Trueblood? Quincy Black? You're right though, he's never done it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 14, 2013, 10:25:23 PM

Yeah that's nice.

Who did we sign again that we are building around?

Thanks for the Panic Button though. Got my hand placed over it right now. Not pushing it, just waiting.

Second tier vets increase depth on a roster. They put meat on them bones, they flesh the roster out. They were signed for relatively cheap deals. And we have Eric Easy E Wright, EJ Buggers, Leonard, Gorrer. Scared yet?

I'm not either, but unless some vet leadership is added they are in trouble for a while. The corner situation is dire. Those guys available were not awful, by and large, compared to what we have. And if we add any decent talent, this team as is can be tough. But the secondary is holding some games back. The QB is holding some games back. Add that up and you get 7-9. Or worse.

Add some CB help. Panic is indeed getting closer. Panic being a relative word.

danimal09

Starter

#14 : March 14, 2013, 10:29:58 PM

Not overpaying for a free agent that isn't an impact player?  Michael Clayton? Derrick Ward? Eric Wright? Jeremy Trueblood? Quincy Black? You're right though, he's never done it.

First off I never said that he never has done it, reading comprehension buddy try it out sometime. Also every GM has made mistakes, and at the time of most of those signings you mentioned the thought was they were going to be impact players for us.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE PANIC BUTTON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools