Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyler Bray « previous next »
Page: 1 2

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: March 14, 2013, 11:26:17 PM

I'm a big fan of Bray. Guy has an elite arm. I think we should spend a third on him, if he is there. Any perspective on whether he will be or not? Thoughts?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 14, 2013, 11:27:25 PM

I don't like him. He is gonna require a lot of work and is a punk off the field.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 14, 2013, 11:28:39 PM

I think a 3rd might be a little early.  Good arm, but is kinda an unpolished QB at this point.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 15, 2013, 12:09:04 AM

I don't like him. He is gonna require a lot of work and is a punk off the field.

This is a true question and not sarcastic -- why does he have such a bad reputation related to a lack of intangibles, ie what are some of the stories about him?? The kid has some serious arm talent. I know he has other football issues, like accuracy and consistency, but those don't come up when the talking heads discuss him. Its always about the other stuff.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 15, 2013, 12:12:42 AM

6'-6", strong arm, just turned 21.  I'd risk a 3rd, positively a 4th.  Let him learn the system and if Freeman is inconsistent again this year let Freeman walk in a year.

Redwave

Second String

#5 : March 15, 2013, 12:39:02 AM

I haven't seen him and therefore don't know what Bray brings to the table.  Anyone able to share regarding intangibles, intelligence, accuracy, quick release ...?
Any red flags? 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 15, 2013, 12:49:30 AM

Earliest I would take him is the 5th.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 15, 2013, 12:55:16 AM

I haven't seen him and therefore don't know what Bray brings to the table.  Anyone able to share regarding intangibles, intelligence, accuracy, quick release ...?
Any red flags?

Hes a big kid... 6' 6, and be has wicked arm strength. Throws a pretty ball. I don't know the details, but when you listen to Mayock talk about him he always says there are real questions about his lack of leadership and attitude.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 15, 2013, 08:23:00 AM

I keep hearing this. I admit I have only seen a couple of his games and his combine stuff but what exactly are the character issues? Some reviews have said that teams will stay away because of his "prickly" or "**CENSORED**y" attitude. I can't imagine he will be there in the fourth or fifth with this weak qb class. Especially after that combine showing.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 15, 2013, 08:49:56 AM

Ive been fond of Bray for a while now. Fits our offense. Hes a bit raw, but I really believe if we want him, it would take a 3rd.
Id love to have him, but it really depends on what we have when that pick rolls around. OT/DE/DE/CB may be a much more pressing need than a developmental QB at that point.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 15, 2013, 09:06:29 AM

Here's a question for everyone: How often do you have a QB with every physical tool necessary to be a good NFL passer, was a 3 year starter in the SEC with good stats, and every person who is paid to evaluate college prospects doesn't think he's a 1st round pick? How often do these people get these things wrong? How many times do these players who have some sort of major flaw that is preventing them from being 1st round picks correct that flaw?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 15, 2013, 09:16:33 AM

wont happen

bray is not a buccanneer man. hes very immature and has had a lot of run-ins with the law and clashes with authority. its a shame because hes got talent but hes not a schiano guy

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 15, 2013, 09:23:59 AM

Here's a question for everyone: How often do you have a QB with every physical tool necessary to be a good NFL passer, was a 3 year starter in the SEC with good stats, and every person who is paid to evaluate college prospects doesn't think he's a 1st round pick? How often do these people get these things wrong? How many times do these players who have some sort of major flaw that is preventing them from being 1st round picks correct that flaw?

well his accuracy isnt great. he was a career sub 60% passer. some of that does come from being a vertical passing team. the main problem is the serious character red flags that surround him

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#13 : March 15, 2013, 09:24:50 AM

punk off the field.

Do you have anything backing this statement? Even hearsay would do....

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 15, 2013, 09:26:53 AM

punk off the field.

Do you have anything backing this statement? Even hearsay would do....

sure

was caught throwing beer bottles at cars from his apartment balcony
mildly intoxicated riding a jetski very close to swimmers
numerous blowups with coaches

kid needs to grow up
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyler Bray « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools