Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett and Rosenhaus, did NOT want the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 15, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »

I love some of our fans.  Schiano and Dom never do anything wrong.  They are perfect.  It is always someone's else fault.  The player didn't want to be here. 

We haven't made the playoffs under the new regime.  Time to take off the kid gloves and this disgusting free pass the Buc's Organization is getting.  Time to start QUESTIONING Dom.  Year five of a rebuild...my gawd that's a long time.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #16 : March 15, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »

First off, I think the OP makes total sense. Its spot on.

Second, I dont think you guys give bowers enough credit. He is WORLDS better than bennet and will continue to  improve. Dude just needs to stay healthy. I consider him to be in the same category that McCoy was going into last year. Loads of talent. Still improving. Just needs to stay on the field. It worked well for McCoy (probowl) and I expect the same from Bowers this year.

Do you want bowers & clayborn to have to play every snap this upcoming season?
We have Te'o!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

smithcar

Starter

« #17 : March 15, 2013, 10:43:21 AM »

Face it, right now the Bucs, Phins, and Titans are all in the bottom third in the league.

I wouldn't say we are in the bottom third, more like middle of the road at this point.  We are going to be somewhere around +/- 10 wins this year.  For Bennett however it makes more sense to sign with a top tier team rather than middle of the pack.  Ironically he is middle of the pack and aspire to top tier, maybe this is the jump he needs...
I want some of whatever you have been drinking or smoking if you think, right now we ae a 10 win team.

I am also tired of hearing about Bennett's run stopping ability, we didn't have to stop the run last year because nobody in their right mind tried run on us because it was so easy to pass on us.  If we improve our secondary and we still stay at the top of the heap for run stopping I will be shocked.  Bottom line is Bennett is betting on himself, hoping for a large payday and long term deal, his brother did the same with NYG and it paid off.  I was pissed when I saw he left but after several drinks last night realized what he is doing.  At this point in time I would be content to roll with what we have and hit another home run in the draft and continue to build that way.  Believe it or not our secondary improved drastically with Goldson, our CB play cannot be any worse than last year so lets get some young guys in the draft and let them play.  Forget about Revis and the Jets for now, let them sweat it out for a few days, let them pay his roster bonus on the weekend, lets see what the draft can bring, maybe a day two draft trade is better.

kbl117

Starter

« #18 : March 15, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »

I want to start by saying that loosing Bennett in FA is a huge disappointment and the Bucs now have yet another need.  That being said I’m not sure this is all on the Bucs. 

I live down in Miami and was listening to the local radio here yesterday morning.  Drew Rosenhaus, Bennett’s agent, was on for an interview talking about FA.  He mentioned a strategy in which he encourages players who are on the cusp, to take a one year dear in hopes of a much larger payday down the road.

An example he gave was our very own Dashon Goldson.  Goldson was on the rise in 2011 and signed a 1 year deal with San Fran.  He ends up having a great year and is subsequently franchised the following year.  Because he waited in 2011, and rejected any kind of long term contract he is now the highest paid safety in the NFL.  By signing a longer deal in 2011, he would have been signed for much less money than he has with us and he wouldn't be able to try for that big payday until he is in his 30s and on the decline.

Apply this to Bennett’s situation.  Let’s say hypothetically the Bucs see Bennett as a middle of the road DE.  Perhaps they offered him something like 4 year at 25 million.  In Rosenhaus and Bennett’s mind he is worth much more and is not a middle road/back up DE.  He wants to be paid 35 – 40 - 50 million.  Signing a one year deal gives him the opportunity to improve his game and try again next year for the larger contract.

So then where is the best place for Bennett to improve his career in hopes for that big payday?

-Tampa:  On the rise and could make the playoff as wildcard.  But he has to split time with Bowers.   
-Seattle:  Has risen and is going to contend for Superbowl.  Due to injury and lack of depth he is starting.

Unless the Bucs were going to pay Bennett the monster contract why would he really want to sign here?  Even by signing here to a similar deal as in Seattle it’s more detrimental to his eventual payday. For Bennett to be a Buccaneer today, they needed to franchise him.

Completely misleading thread title

Very poor reasoning to het to your "theory" as well. You really think Bennett has a better chance at a big payday when he's battling leading sacker Clemons, 1st round  pick Irvin and the more highly thought of and higher paid Avril then he would battling for snaps from clayborn and bowers? You get the big payday from being on the field making plays, not from sitting on the bench

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #19 : March 15, 2013, 11:55:06 AM »

News flash, Clemons isn't playing anytime soon.

He had ACL surgery on Jan. 18., and also had a torn meniscus. He's 31. They'll have Avril and Irvin on the right (and Irvin appears to be just a nickle rusher at this point). Carroll also said he's considering using Avril as a pass-rushing linebacker at times

Sounds like Bennett is taking over what we would call the "Ellis Wyms" role that Jason Jones handled for Seattle.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #20 : March 15, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »

I love some of our fans.  Schiano and Dom never do anything wrong.  They are perfect.  It is always someone's else fault.  The player didn't want to be here. 

We haven't made the playoffs under the new regime.  Time to take off the kid gloves and this disgusting free pass the Buc's Organization is getting.  Time to start QUESTIONING Dom.  Year five of a rebuild...my gawd that's a long time.

Total BS. There is not one single person on this board who has ever said they never have done anything wrong, but that would be preferable to you and never giving them credit for doing anything right. Schiano is barely one year in the program. It takes at least that long to determine who to build with and who to get rid of. IMO he's exactly what this team needed but he's hardly been perfect. He wasted Blount and jumped the gun on Price, again IMO. Dominik took over a franchise that had to be blown up and built from scratch, and I seriously doubt Raheem was his decision. He's made mistakes, but he also has laid a foundation for the NEAR future to be very dynamic. If he had had Schiano for five years I would agree that it's time to question where this team is headed. That wasn't the case. 2012 will be the last losing season for years to come and you're going to have find something else to whine about.

Your me me me now now now attitude is getting old. As soon as I see your name I know right away it's a negative post. Who needs trolls with "fans" like you around? All you do is complain.

kbl117

Starter

« #21 : March 15, 2013, 12:28:32 PM »

He had ACL surgery on Jan. 18., and also had a torn meniscus. He's 31. They'll have Avril and Irvin on the right (and Irvin appears to be just a nickle rusher at this point). Carroll also said he's considering using Avril as a pass-rushing linebacker at times

Sounds like Bennett is taking over what we would call the "Ellis Wyms" role that Jason Jones handled for Seattle.

Newsflash: Bennett made it crystal clear he wanted to stay here. End of thread....and please change the title OR add a link. Completely misleading

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #22 : March 15, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »

I didn't start the thread, I don't have an opinion on Bennett's state of mind.

I'm responding to your claims that he's battling with Clemons. He's not.

facethefloor

Rookie

« #23 : March 15, 2013, 01:25:35 PM »

Newsflash: Bennett made it crystal clear he wanted to stay here. End of thread....and please change the title OR add a link. Completely misleading

The smarter business decision outweighed his emotional one.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 15, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »

Should have made it moot by tagging him

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #25 : March 15, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »

^
^
^
^
^
That wouldve been insanity. No way am I paying him 11 mill a year (although I guess Im not really paying him). Did he have a good year? Yes. Did he deserve to get paid? Yes. Would I have resigned him for 5 mill? More than likely, yes. But to give him 11 would have been over the top. I think we made an offer, probably for a long term deal, and him/his agent wanted a shorter term prove it type deal so he can get paid again. Hes not THAT young.......

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 15, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »

Seems to be the strategy of more than a few players these days. The Joe Flacco "I'm going to gamble on myself" strategy of either finishing the last year of a contract or signing a one-year deal in hopes of having a big year and then cashing in. Nothing wrong with it, but one of these times the player is going to get hurt or maybe not have a stellar season for whatever reason. Then all that cash goes swirling down the drain.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 15, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »

I worry more about replacing bennett in the run game than passing game.

a healthy Bowers is every bit the run defender Bennett was and more.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Up--Coming-Bucs-DaQuan-Bowers/c2dd2626-1c6c-4b14-8506-90763602ddf0

How are we looking for depth?

McCoy Clay and Bowers are ALL injury prone. And we have no depth.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

grimesy

Rookie
« #28 : March 15, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »

Total BS. There is not one single person on this board who has ever said they never have done anything wrong, but that would be preferable to you and never giving them credit for doing anything right. Schiano is barely one year in the program. It takes at least that long to determine who to build with and who to get rid of. IMO he's exactly what this team needed but he's hardly been perfect. He wasted Blount and jumped the gun on Price, again IMO. Dominik took over a franchise that had to be blown up and built from scratch, and I seriously doubt Raheem was his decision. He's made mistakes, but he also has laid a foundation for the NEAR future to be very dynamic. If he had had Schiano for five years I would agree that it's time to question where this team is headed. That wasn't the case. 2012 will be the last losing season for years to come and you're going to have find something else to whine about.

Your me me me now now now attitude is getting old. As soon as I see your name I know right away it's a negative post. Who needs trolls with "fans" like you around? All you do is complain.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett and Rosenhaus, did NOT want the Bucs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools