Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone else here do the cooking? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#105 : September 26, 2012, 04:43:10 PM

Not sure if I can find garlic sausage locally.  If not would this do?
http://www.dartagnan.com/51461/565794/Artisanal-Gourmet-Sausages/French-Garlic-Sausage.html

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#106 : September 26, 2012, 04:51:30 PM

Never know 'til you try it. Give it a shot.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#107 : September 26, 2012, 05:05:08 PM

Okay, we're going old school Deutschland now, although this recipe was actually invented by meine mutter.

Kadoval and Glace

Cook some garlic sausage (sometimes referred to as German-style sausage). There used to be a place in Tarpon Springs that made great garlic sausage, don't know if it's still there. All beef is a lot better, but hard to find. Take a 10-12 inch section and chop it up. Set aside.

Make about a cup of pie dough. There are a million ways to go here. I use flour and butter. Add an egg and maybe a few spoonfuls of milk. I also put in just a touch of baking powder, but don't get carried away. I like to add cracked pepper here, but this is a great step for experimentation. Add whatever you want or nothing at all. I usually roll this out and cut it into small squares, but when it's time to cook this you can spoon it in if you're quick. Remember, it's going to swell up to about three times the uncooked size. Set aside.

Dice a large potato or a couple of small ones. Add to boiling water. When they're about half done, start adding the dough. This is a matter of timing and size. The smaller the pieces of potato and dough, the quicker they'll cook. You want them both to be finished at the same time. Work it out.

Drain the potatoes and doughwads. Add the garlic sausage and some chopped (white) onion, according to taste. Stir in a small container of sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste.

Even better reheated. Eat this every day and you should be able to gain about three hundred pounds a year.
That sounds awesome.

I think for optimal weight gain I would switch back and fourth between this and S&B's recipe haha.

Would be something great for a sunday meal though.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#108 : September 29, 2012, 06:32:29 PM

Okay, we're going old school Deutschland now, although this recipe was actually invented by meine mutter.

Kadoval and Glace

Cook some garlic sausage (sometimes referred to as German-style sausage). There used to be a place in Tarpon Springs that made great garlic sausage, don't know if it's still there. All beef is a lot better, but hard to find. Take a 10-12 inch section and chop it up. Set aside.

Make about a cup of pie dough. There are a million ways to go here. I use flour and butter. Add an egg and maybe a few spoonfuls of milk. I also put in just a touch of baking powder, but don't get carried away. I like to add cracked pepper here, but this is a great step for experimentation. Add whatever you want or nothing at all. I usually roll this out and cut it into small squares, but when it's time to cook this you can spoon it in if you're quick. Remember, it's going to swell up to about three times the uncooked size. Set aside.

Dice a large potato or a couple of small ones. Add to boiling water. When they're about half done, start adding the dough. This is a matter of timing and size. The smaller the pieces of potato and dough, the quicker they'll cook. You want them both to be finished at the same time. Work it out.

Drain the potatoes and doughwads. Add the garlic sausage and some chopped (white) onion, according to taste. Stir in a small container of sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste.

Even better reheated. Eat this every day and you should be able to gain about three hundred pounds a year.
That sounds awesome.

I think for optimal weight gain I would switch back and fourth between this and S&B's recipe haha.

Would be something great for a sunday meal though.
made it tonight.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#109 : March 20, 2013, 06:43:06 PM

Cooked dinner for a lady friend the other night and this side dish literally got me laid on the spot:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oven-roasted-asparagus/

Ingredients

1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)

Directions

Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
just made tonight.  Never cared for asparagus before but this is really good.  Hope I get a hummer out of it. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#110 : March 20, 2013, 07:19:51 PM

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt

This set pretty much works with anything. I toss my french fries in the same sort of mix and they're very tasty

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#111 : March 20, 2013, 08:01:23 PM

Cooked dinner for a lady friend the other night and this side dish literally got me laid on the spot:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oven-roasted-asparagus/

Ingredients

1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)

Directions

Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
just made tonight.  Never cared for asparagus before but this is really good.  Hope I get a hummer out of it.

If the hummer is successful...would you mind posting the steps/ingredients. I aspire to have one soon as well..

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#112 : March 22, 2013, 12:26:54 PM

Step 1:  wait until your birthday
Step 2:  lay a big guilt trip on her over how she never does that for you

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#113 : March 22, 2013, 01:06:31 PM

I may need a step 3 in order to counter the, "but my TMJ hurts too bad when I do that" excuse.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone else here do the cooking? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools