Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Revis / Grimes/ BPA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: March 19, 2013, 11:10:48 AM

Would you rather Revis? -
Draft picks and salary.

Would you rather get Grimes or best FA cb?
Just salary.

Nobody is wrong. Just want opinions..

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 19, 2013, 11:13:59 AM

Draft picks and salary.

Just salary.

Sorry, I firmly believe anybody that does not agree with me is stupid and completely wrong. Therefore I will answer this question and put the discussion to rest.

Revis 10 million per year over 4 years. All guaranteed money paid out over the first two years, similar to Vjax contract.
Xavier Rhodes taken at #13
Developmental CB taken in the 3rd/4th

Starting wtih Goldson, Barron, Rhodes and Revis with Gaitor/Wright in the slot.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 19, 2013, 11:15:24 AM

People are frustrated because nothing has happened yet but I do think we're the leaders for Revis, it's just taking a long time because we're not willing to give more than he's worth and the Jet's are in no hurry so they wait on a chance that someone will give a 1st rounder for Revis.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 19, 2013, 11:29:21 AM

I'll take Grimes or whatever best free agent cb available at a competitive price AND use the draft pick(s) that we may have used on Revis to draft another cb on top of the early round cb I assume we are going to select already.

Revis is an amazing player if/when healthy, but he's never happy financially. Given the choice, I don't want to willingly bring in guys with that attitude.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 19, 2013, 11:33:58 AM

I'll take Grimes or whatever best free agent cb available at a competitive price AND use the draft pick(s) that we may have used on Revis to draft another cb on top of the early round cb I assume we are going to select already.

Revis is an amazing player if/when healthy, but he's never happy financially. Given the choice, I don't want to willingly bring in guys with that attitude.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#5 : March 19, 2013, 11:40:57 AM

Draft picks and salary.

Just salary.

Sorry, I firmly believe anybody that does not agree with me is stupid and completely wrong. Therefore I will answer this question and put the discussion to rest.

Revis 10 million per year over 4 years. All guaranteed money paid out over the first two years, similar to Vjax contract.
Xavier Rhodes taken at #13
Developmental CB taken in the 3rd/4th

Starting wtih Goldson, Barron, Rhodes and Revis with Gaitor/Wright in the slot.

Dumb dumb!! If we get Revis we won't have our first round pick..so you think they're gonna trade Revis to us for like a second and a fourth.. You're completely wrong and i guess you're also the stupid 1

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 19, 2013, 11:43:18 AM

Play hardball...sign grimes, wait till may and Idzik will be happy to take a 2014 1st and then snag BPA

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 19, 2013, 11:53:21 AM

So, is Grimes going to be ready week 1 or no? If so, then sign him up for a 3 year deal. He's 30 and should still be a solid #1. He is more of a zone CB guy and reminds me a lot like Ronde Barber in their savvy.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#8 : March 19, 2013, 11:58:42 AM

If this team were ready to compete for a championship, (meaning that the team had won at least one playoff game and had a QB who we felt confident could take us all the way), I'd be all over the Revis deal.

The Bucs are not at that place and the addition of Revis will not bring them a championship. Didn't we see that in NY? And Revis was on a team that had already established a good DL (and he wasn't sucking up all the cap space).

At this stage in the Bucs' development, I'd rather keep the draft picks and keep stockpiling and developing cheap, young talent. When we have confidence that our QB is the man, that's the time to use up all the cap space and pull the trigger on elite, veteran talent.

smithcar

Starter

#9 : March 19, 2013, 12:03:44 PM

Without a doubt for me Grimes and the draft picks, we have too many holes to fill and can't trade away picks especially high picks for a guy who is coming of a serious injury and want 16 million a season.

According to ESPN, the bucs have called a press conference for this afternoon they are speculating it could be to announce exactly what this thread is about. Grimes signing or a trade for Revis.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 19, 2013, 12:04:41 PM

To me, Either Option Makes Sense.

I'll roll with it.

There are so many moving parts to this (contracts, talent, scheme).   

I trust that Dominik AND Schiano will do what's absolutely best for our beloved Bucs.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 19, 2013, 12:06:04 PM

Without a doubt for me Grimes and the draft picks, we have too many holes to fill and can't trade away picks especially high picks for a guy who is coming of a serious injury and want 16 million a season.

According to ESPN, the bucs have called a press conference for this afternoon they are speculating it could be to announce exactly what this thread is about. Grimes signing or a trade for Revis.
Where'd you see that?

BucD

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 19, 2013, 12:11:27 PM

IIRC, I read on Twitter the other day that the Glazer's are doing their usual offseason PC on Tuesday (today).

Supreme

Starter

#13 : March 19, 2013, 12:46:13 PM

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO
Agent for CB Brent Grimes says Bucs are in the mix for the veteran but will have to move fast if they want him. Three other teams bidding

m_j

Starter

#14 : March 19, 2013, 01:39:14 PM

Draft picks and salary.

Just salary.

both!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Revis / Grimes/ BPA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools