Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi + Grimes+draft picks >Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 20, 2013, 07:43:00 PM

Yes because we need 2 corners anyways .  If we wait much longer , and then still can't seal the Revis deal ,  there sin't going to be a damn player left worth signing.

Then we have to start two rookie corners . Season over.

So , in short , YES IT MATTERS.

i disagree. i dont think its optimal to have rookie CB's, but i dont think it ends the season.

Seriously?  Having two rookie cbs on defense?  Mark, is that you?

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#31 : March 20, 2013, 08:15:52 PM

Schiano seems to really like L. Johnson, and there is still Wright. 

Johnson started in the last game against Atlanta, and Wright is better than Biggers who started at the other corner. And we won.

If nothing gets resolved at CB, I guess you could call this the Bucs  "fall-back" tandem.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 20, 2013, 08:28:58 PM

Putting a ton of $$$ on Revis when the opponent puts up a 4 or 5 receiver set makes little sense to me. Your other coverage guys better be reasonably good or Revis will just spend the game shadowing his man while the opponents' offense chugs up and down the field...

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 20, 2013, 08:46:32 PM

Putting a ton of $$$ on Revis when the opponent puts up a 4 or 5 receiver set makes little sense to me. Your other coverage guys better be reasonably good or Revis will just spend the game shadowing his man while the opponents' offense chugs up and down the field...

You are wrong sir.  Many people on here have said he shuts down HALF the field.  Revis can cover up to 3 guys at any given time.  He's that good.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 20, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

Yes but if you can man up on a guy like Julio Jones and shut him down , it's a lot easier to roll coverage and have safety help  to stop the other less dangerous guys.

It really would make a difference....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 20, 2013, 10:13:33 PM

your other coverage guys only have to be as good as their 4th and 5th WR's.  and if they have that many receivers they certainly dont have many blockers.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 20, 2013, 10:20:08 PM

I agree with the OP.

At this point, I think Dom has to consider abandoning ship in the Revistakes. Sign the two cagey vets to reasonable market compensation, draft a CB or two, and go for Revis next year when he hits the insanity of the market. Bycs can still be contenders for his services then, and still come out god damned roses.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#37 : March 20, 2013, 10:38:40 PM

Yeah Boid there is a ceertain degree of logic to your viewpoint.

If the Jets considered Revis so valuable, wouldn't they now be trying to get a new long term contract for themselves in place?

Anyone who trades for Revis, would not trade for one year. They also would be working on a new multi-year contract.

Dom is a good gambler and he may be have an alternate plan if the Revis deal falls thru that will allow him to wait till the last moment on the Revis deal. to see if the Jets reduce their demands.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 20, 2013, 10:44:54 PM

8 days in...

46 CB's remaining.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 20, 2013, 10:46:30 PM

No more than two seconds, a fourth, and Blount. That is all I would offer.

Not sure where all these so called "sticking points" are in regards to the draft pick compensation. Nobody knows this stuff, and it wouldn't shock me if Dom was the guy putting the screws to the JETS. And the Jets aren't buying it because Dom isn't signing anyone, or is failing to make the team look less desperate, which is something he should seriously consider.

Idjit is not in charge. Dom is. But Dom is playing it very very poorly. In fact, he gets an F for not addressing the matter in a better manner. Crap.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 21, 2013, 06:39:04 AM

Yeah Boid there is a ceertain degree of logic to your viewpoint.

If the Jets considered Revis so valuable, wouldn't they now be trying to get a new long term contract for themselves in place?

Anyone who trades for Revis, would not trade for one year. They also would be working on a new multi-year contract.

No , because they are in re-building mode and also in cap hell. It wouldn't make sense .

If the Jets didn't think Revis was that valuable they would have jumped all over our offer of a 2nd this year and a 1st next year , which really was pretty damn good.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

spurzo

Second String

#41 : March 21, 2013, 07:19:06 AM

Nnamdi????

What don't people get, he is terrible. He was getting old 2 years ago.

12 passes defended and 1 pick last year
10 passes defended and 1 pick last year

Guess which one is Nnamdi and guess which one is Mark Barron? Either Barron is better than we give him credit for or Nnamdi much worse. Which one is it?

Stats huh... Nnamdi in 2007 1int and 7pd, in 2008 1int and 9pd, in 2009 1int and 4pd, in 2010 0int and 6pd.  Nnamdi was never about stats, he just locked receivers down and went about his day.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 21, 2013, 08:10:47 AM

your other coverage guys only have to be as good as their 4th and 5th WR's.  and if they have that many receivers they certainly dont have many blockers.

Even that isn't true since they can use formations and motion to isolate Revis on whatever sack of rocks they want in a lot of cases. I like Revis' game and stopping the pass is obviously the main goal, or should be, of any team. The thing is I don't know if what he thinks he's worth - north of what he makes now which is $11m - is justified by what he does in the modern NFL. Again, Jets weere the #2 pass defense last year without him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 21, 2013, 08:51:23 AM

What gets me is that people act like if the team signed a non-elite corner or two, they'd be tied to them for the next half-decade.  This isn't the NBA - contracts aren't fully guaranteed.  Heck, the way Dom likes to load up guaranteed up front and not pro-rate it, we wouldn't necessarily be tied down to them for more than next year.  If the team does decide to sign guys like Scrabble or Grimes, I would assume that the long-term plan would still be to build through the draft.  They'd just be taking advantage of the fact that the team still has some cap flexibility now to not be forced into a situation where they *have* to start multiple rookies at corner.  There's no reason to think that they couldn't get these older guys off the books in time to not have to choose between them and re-signing their own young guys.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi + Grimes+draft picks >Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools