Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unpredictability with our draft picks « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 21, 2013, 01:38:03 AM

The draft will be very interesting.  I am sure Dom has a contingency plan, maybe keep wright and sign grimes, then draft a cb sometime in rd 1-3.  I get the feeling we are going to draft a big guy.  I keep thinking it might be an OT.  I can see us adding a reserve nt in FA.  I am not worried because there are plenty of stop gap options available like Winfield in FA.  I actually do not think Sean smith is that much better than Winfield, it is just a matter of how long he can maintain his level of play.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 21, 2013, 01:50:16 AM

I'm not sure he has a contingency plan at all. Why?
1. He hasn't successfully addressed the pass rush his whole time here.
2. Despite all that money and a willingness to spend the last two years, he has yet to secure a starting CB of quality.
Sorry. He may have a plan. But it's either flawed or he can't execute it.

In Verner We Trust

El Diablo

Starter

#17 : March 21, 2013, 07:04:41 AM

A lot depends on the Revis trade.  They get him, it really effects the draft big time.  If they don't get him, Its gotta be CB, CB, BPA .

I have a feeling the Revis trade isn't going to happen. But I do agree about grabbing a CB early in the draft, especially with biggers gone we have wright, johnson, gorner? lol no thanks...

I feel like there are good CB's in this draft but besides milliner they are late first/2nd round worthy. I really want to see us with Rhodes, I love his physical man to man playstyle...but not sure if it fits our defense.

Does he have a man to man style? I thought Stoops played mostly zone coverages at FSU.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 21, 2013, 08:53:33 AM

What is Schiano's favorite play on Defense?

Sack Fumble

Who is the Master.....Jarvis Jones......wouldn't surprise me if he's there.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 21, 2013, 09:23:52 AM

I could see it being Arthur Brown

13 is way too high for a LB like brown, although i said the same about barron. i just dont see how its not a DL or a corner with how bad our defence is

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 21, 2013, 09:25:28 AM

A lot depends on the Revis trade.  They get him, it really effects the draft big time.  If they don't get him, Its gotta be CB, CB, BPA .

I have a feeling the Revis trade isn't going to happen. But I do agree about grabbing a CB early in the draft, especially with biggers gone we have wright, johnson, gorner? lol no thanks...

I feel like there are good CB's in this draft but besides milliner they are late first/2nd round worthy. I really want to see us with Rhodes, I love his physical man to man playstyle...but not sure if it fits our defense.

Does he have a man to man style? I thought Stoops played mostly zone coverages at FSU.

FSU mixed up zone and man. sometimes we even had 1 corner in zone and 1 in man. rhodes is best in press man where he can get physical with the receiver at the line. hes not quite as good in zone but is still solid

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 21, 2013, 09:28:01 AM

Predictable (highest odds on pick) at 13 = Dlineman.

It's where the depth and value is in this draft.

If it's a corner - and no Revis - I'd expect Dom to move up for Milliner or Move Down for either Rhodes or Trufant.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

El Diablo

Starter

#22 : March 21, 2013, 09:34:22 AM

FSU mixed up zone and man. sometimes we even had 1 corner in zone and 1 in man. rhodes is best in press man where he can get physical with the receiver at the line. hes not quite as good in zone but is still solid

Ahhhh... Yeah I watched quite a bit of FSU and saw he played quite a bit of zone. Cover 3 on pass downs. I do like the size of Rhodes but I remember another cb on the team that was better than him. Reed I think it was.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 21, 2013, 11:41:20 AM

Ahhhh... Yeah I watched quite a bit of FSU and saw he played quite a bit of zone. Cover 3 on pass downs. I do like the size of Rhodes but I remember another cb on the team that was better than him. Reed I think it was.

greg reid is who you are thinking of. he got kicked off the team before the 2012 season. reid is kinda like the honey badger. he makes splashy plays but gambles a lot. also they are about the same size and both had problems with weed. i wouldnt really call reid the better guy, hed get burnt bad at times but he also had a knack of making a big play. he was a big time gambler when rhodes would be relying on technique and taking the safe coverage route. reid would try to jump routes alot and sometimes hed hit a homerun with an INT and others hed give up a big play

i wouldnt mind us taking a 7th round flyer on reid. he seems to have grown up a lot since he got the boot and had to go to Valdosta State. he can definately return punts as he was an elite college punt returner during his time at FSU. hed also be good for slot corner depth. hes quicker than fast

Dirtypillow

Second String
#24 : March 21, 2013, 01:09:45 PM

If they dont get Revis...it wouldn't surprise me at all...they trade up and get Barrons old team mate Milliner!!!  Call it a day.

Just say NO to Bridgewater at 7...very small hands \\\\\\\"smell like cabbage.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unpredictability with our draft picks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools