Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: #loweringtheboomfund « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

: March 20, 2013, 02:41:43 PM

@MattForte22
Wow so they really passed that rule...last time I checked football was a contact sport. Calling bank now to set up my lowering the boom fund

@MattForte22
Guess I'll get my fine money ready #loweringtheboomfund

@MattForte22
Next year they'll probably be a no jumping over defenders rule... #loweringtheboomfund

This rule is ridiculous and Goodell is killing the sport I love(d)..

ufcguy32

Starter

#1 : March 20, 2013, 02:43:09 PM

i agree. i think goodell is a idiot and needs to go

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 20, 2013, 02:45:44 PM

i agree. i think goodell is a idiot and needs to go

Yeah... because he's on the rules committee and he has the only vote.  smh. ::)

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#3 : March 20, 2013, 02:46:14 PM

It isn't just Goodell if the rule passed 31-1. The game is dangerous and the owners are protecting themselves from more lawsuits. It is as simple as that. The game will keep being wussified until people stop watching, and at that point it will be interesting to see what happens. The owners will probably want to go back to something a little more dangerous so they can bring the fans (money) back, but at that point the players union will be against put players back at the same risks.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 20, 2013, 02:54:37 PM

I said this a long time ago.  Start yelling at all those players suing.  THAT is who is causing all the changes.  You think billion dollar lawsuits are just ignored?

RiotHeart

Starter

#5 : March 20, 2013, 02:55:50 PM

PLAYERS are killing the game. They know exactly what the risks are and try to shake as much money as they can from the NFL from past injuries when they blow their whole earnings. Blame them, not the owners. If not for the lawsuits then this would never be a problem.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 20, 2013, 03:16:18 PM

In other news, ESPN has just signed a contract for televising Professional Frisbee.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#7 : March 20, 2013, 03:31:16 PM

So far I've found that anyone who's actually read the rule has no problem with it and only the people who are reacting irrationally haven't actually read it

bill_kir

Starter

#8 : March 20, 2013, 03:31:36 PM

PLAYERS are killing the game. They know exactly what the risks are and try to shake as much money as they can from the NFL from past injuries when they blow their whole earnings. Blame them, not the owners. If not for the lawsuits then this would never be a problem.

this right here ..... it would be interesting (though nearly impossible) to see how many of these ex-players hid an injury or the severity of one just to stay on or get back on the field.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 20, 2013, 03:32:40 PM

So far I've found that anyone who's actually read the rule has no problem with it and only the people who are reacting irrationally haven't actually read it
+1
No leading with a helmet, use your shoulder!

Formerly known as Revis Islander

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 20, 2013, 03:37:58 PM

You can lead with your facemask and hairline, but I guess you have no problem with that? Welcome to **CENSORED**ball

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#11 : March 20, 2013, 03:41:26 PM

You can lead with your facemask and hairline, but I guess you have no problem with that? Welcome to **CENSORED**ball
The rule is you can't forcibly use the top of your helmet against a defender.

You can still protect yourself, you can still run them over.

This is basically just furthering the no spear rule

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 20, 2013, 03:44:56 PM

Agree. They knew what they signed up for. I feel for some of them but damn, didnt you know this was a violent sport??

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 20, 2013, 03:45:11 PM

Why are you blaming just Goodell? The competition committee comes up with these rules, then the NFL owners vote on them.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 20, 2013, 04:10:35 PM

According to Herm Edwards, the rule as written would have been called 11 times last year.  Seems a bit overblown to me.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: #loweringtheboomfund « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools