Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Situational stats « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: March 20, 2013, 03:21:40 PM

Someone asked for it in another thread so here it is. No subjectivity, just the stats.

1. Freeman was by far and away better during his 1st 10 attempts with a passer rating above 100 and a completion percentage above 64%. A Fast starter, not something we would have guess.
2. Freeman was by far and away worst during his his 11-20 attempts with a passer rating of 58.3 and a completion percentage of 46%. These attempts are mostly in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
3. Freeman was by far and away best in the redzone, when compared to other spots on the field, with a passer rating above 100 and tossing 20 TDs to only 1 interception.
4. Freeman was only slightly better in the 2nd half compared to the first half with passer ratings of 80.0 compared to 81.2
5. When the game is tied, Freeman had a whooping 103.6 passer rating
6. When the bucs are down by one score, Freeman had his second highest passer rating of 91.6.
7. Freeman's worst passer rating comes when the Bucs are ahead by 2-3 scores, posted at a 59.2
8. Freeman was by far best in the 1st Quarter with a passer rating of 91.9
9. Freeman was by far worst in the 2nd Quarter with a passer rating of 67.9

Okay folks, read these and think. What do these stats tell you about big ol' #5?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 20, 2013, 03:25:32 PM

Okay folks, read these and think. What do these stats tell you about big ol' #5?
He's really inconsistent.  Got any info we don't already know about?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 20, 2013, 03:38:09 PM

7. Freeman's worst passer rating comes when the Bucs are ahead by 2-3 scores, posted at a 59.2
I think Schiano tends to dial back the offense when the Bucs get any kind of lead and Freeman simply can't dink and dunk with any kind of efficiency. He really needs to be able to threaten all levels of the field to get in a groove.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 20, 2013, 03:45:43 PM

There is consistency there. At big points in the game he is generally good.

Where he's good: 1st drives, Redzone, down by a score or less
Where he's bad: 2nd Quarter, games we are ahead by 2-3 scores

To me that says he loses focus, concentration, etc... during lull periods of the game. We've all known he was money when the game is on the line. I think he loses focus, which seems about right. I mean do we really believe he just can't throw a slant route? Or does he lose focus?

- Everyone

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 20, 2013, 03:57:38 PM

There is consistency there. At big points in the game he is generally good.

Where he's good: 1st drives, Redzone, down by a score or less
Where he's bad: 2nd Quarter, games we are ahead by 2-3 scores

To me that says he loses focus, concentration, etc... during lull periods of the game. We've all known he was money when the game is on the line. I think he loses focus, which seems about right. I mean do we really believe he just can't throw a slant route? Or does he lose focus?

Josh is all over the map performance-wise....that means his problems are upstairs...not physical.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 20, 2013, 03:59:50 PM

tells me hes inconsistent.

the fact that his worst passing is with a lead is kind of odd. i do recall the playcalls being a bit odd when we were leading, too conservative and too easy to read. hes a bomber, not a dunker

to me his best throws are deep balls.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 20, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

the fact that his worst passing is with a lead is kind of odd. i do recall the playcalls being a bit odd when we were leading, too conservative and too easy to read. hes a bomber, not a dunker

Not so much "best". Most effective maybe but that is more about the guys catching it than the dude throwing it.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 20, 2013, 04:04:33 PM

I think Schiano tends to dial back the offense when the Bucs get any kind of lead and Freeman simply can't dink and dunk with any kind of efficiency. He really needs to be able to threaten all levels of the field to get in a groove.

+1

traew01

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 20, 2013, 04:07:01 PM

I asked for it -

When were we ever up by 2 or 3 scores...lol.

I would bet those first quarter and early drive stats are skewed a little by conservative dink, dunks and short passing.

Teams then adjust to us in the 2nd quarter and Freeman starts getting confused and inconsistent.

And it confirms to me that his mechanics get lazy during games. He will need to work on that for sure.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 20, 2013, 04:08:03 PM

Inconsistent

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 20, 2013, 04:10:33 PM

Not so much "best". Most effective maybe but that is more about the guys catching it than the dude throwing it.

thats not really fair to freeman. he has to place the ball for them to get it. its 60/40 in favor of freeman. if he cant get the ball near them then they cant catch it. the qb has the most responsibility in placing the ball where a WR can catch and run. having a guy like vincent jackson definately helps though

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 20, 2013, 04:11:33 PM

Tells me to stay aggressive with the play calling - regardless.

And also speaks to the offensive adjustments need work...   a sign of a mature offense in the nfl. 

Freeman is who he is... and should be opening his window this season.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 20, 2013, 04:19:46 PM

thats not really fair to freeman. he has to place the ball for them to get it. its 60/40 in favor of freeman. if he cant get the ball near them then they cant catch it. the qb has the most responsibility in placing the ball where a WR can catch and run. having a guy like vincent jackson definately helps though

His passes are usually not of the catch it and run type.  He's tossing crap up fornVjax and MW19 to adjust to and get. Yes hebhasnto get the ball there but a lot of guys with big arms can get in the neighborhood.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#13 : March 20, 2013, 04:58:55 PM

Play Calling:

A Look inside the Buccaneers play calling mindset.

Start of game: OK We better start fast and score right now, lets run our best plays and be aggressive

2nd Quarter: Ok we are up by a field goal and our scripted plays worked perfectly, Lets completely abandon what worked and run up the middle on every 1st and 2nd downs and throw on third in long into 7 DB's!

3rd Quarter: Ok Were down 14 now, didn't score int he 2nd and our secondary got scorched, Let's go ahead and go back to what we did in the First Quarter

4th Quarter: Ok Game is tied, we are moving the ball well, Lets all hope and Pray Freeman can win us the game!

= Close games that require our team to win it in the final 2 minutes.

A Look inside the Saints and Patriots play calling mind set.

Lets run our best aggressive plays the entire game regardless of the score.

= Peddle to the mettle every game and lots of wins.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 20, 2013, 05:00:04 PM

I asked for it -

When were we ever up by 2 or 3 scores...lol.

I would bet those first quarter and early drive stats are skewed a little by conservative dink, dunks and short passing.

Teams then adjust to us in the 2nd quarter and Freeman starts getting confused and inconsistent.

And it confirms to me that his mechanics get lazy during games. He will need to work on that for sure.

Lazy mechanics. I'm starting to come around that idea. Freeman has always said I need to stop thinking and play. Maybe he needs to start thinking a little bit more and stay 100% engaged.

- Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Situational stats « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools