Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DJ Hayden worth the risk??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : April 24, 2013, 01:22:40 PM

Dont take the risk.  Everytime he takes a hit to the trunk is going to risk a rupture, terrible story, but football may be to dangerous for him.

Really?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 24, 2013, 01:27:01 PM

I liked Hayden from the get go, but I don't know about taking him at 43, someone even mentioned trading up for him. As much of a fan as I am of his, it's a 'no' this time.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 24, 2013, 01:31:15 PM

Dont take the risk.  Everytime he takes a hit to the trunk is going to risk a rupture, terrible story, but football may be to dangerous for him.

completely untrue. he has no further risk once healed. Its a rare circumstance and nothing more. Hes not predisposed to this happening again. theres nothing wrong with him genetically. If hes healed, theres no reason to even take the injury into account.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 24, 2013, 01:33:49 PM

completely untrue. he has no further risk once healed. Its a rare circumstance and nothing more. Hes not predisposed to this happening again. theres nothing wrong with him genetically. If hes healed, theres no reason to even take the injury into account.

No he had a freak accident so around here that makes him injury prone.. Don't you know that?

#19 : April 24, 2013, 01:58:59 PM

LOL^^ exactly

sammich

Starter

#20 : April 25, 2013, 08:34:00 AM

After everything he has been through and looking at his mannerisms and the look in his eyes during interviews I don't think there is a player in this draft who would work harder than DJ.  If he is there at our first pick I would be very ok with taking him.  Work him in slowly, let him learn behind Revis and after this year let him takeover as the #2. 

VTBucs

Second String
#21 : April 25, 2013, 08:38:34 AM

My thoughts exactly. He has excellent character and definitely a Schiano type of player.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 25, 2013, 08:39:56 AM

Absolutely trade up into the back of the 1st round for him. 

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

RiotHeart

Starter

#23 : May 28, 2013, 08:28:46 PM

Back in the hospital
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders-top-pick-hospitalized-stomach-193727701--nfl.html

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 28, 2013, 08:33:13 PM

Glad to hear he's doing better after the surgery. I'll stick with Revis Island for now...  ;D

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 28, 2013, 08:39:47 PM

i definitely would've taken the risk had he been there in the 2nd.... hope everything works out for him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 29, 2013, 06:48:02 AM

I would have taken him. Sucks to hear this news. Of course he is doomed now that the Raiders drafted him. Probably be out of the league in two years.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 29, 2013, 09:01:54 AM

Quote from: JDouble
I would have taken him. Sucks to hear this news. Of course he is doomed now that the Raiders drafted him. Probably be out of the league in two years.

I don't know, if Oakland does one thing right, it's DBs. Woodson, Scrabble, some of the best. Unfortunately for those fans, that's about all Oakland has done for quite some time. Well... they did accept a trade for TTBF.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DJ Hayden worth the risk??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools