Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is this absurd? « previous next »
Page: 1

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

: March 25, 2013, 04:16:30 AM

300+ pages of posts, tweets, and rants, for a single player. Yes, I know Revis is elite, he will shut down the opposing #1 WR completely (If healthy, and motivated), but there are 10 opposing players on the field. I'll tip my hat to Schiano and his coaches for turning our front seven into a dominant rush defense, we were the best. However, I do not think 1 cornerback, is going to change our team that much.

We win our division through the NFC South.

If Revis could shut down Steve Smith, and we keep up the unrealistic expectation that we have the #1 Rush Defense again, we will sweep the Panthers.

If Revis could shut down Marques Colston, we still have Drew Brees shredding us for 400 yards a game between his RB's, Graham, Henderson, etc.

If Revis could shut down Roddy White, we still have Julio Jones who would be "covered" by Wright or Johnson, gulp, we can't handle it.

What I am trying to say is that if we sign Revis, I honestly do not think that we will win one more divisional game than before. Especially since he is coming off the ACL injury. Not everybody is as a freak of nature as Peterson is. If we get him for a deal, that is alright. I just think it's absurd how there are 300+ pages about a player who won't take us to a ring. This amount of forum content should be reserved for when rumors start flying around that a free agent Tom Brady is in contract talks with the Buccaneers.   Just my opinion

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 25, 2013, 05:17:23 AM

It's not about being one player away, it's about what just having him here does.

I have said, with Revis here, we can have the ability to do what VJ did, on D. one player or not, ya don't pass that up.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#2 : March 25, 2013, 05:24:21 AM

Could this really not have gone in the Revis thread?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 25, 2013, 06:00:39 AM

I agree with Beatles. The thread isn't just about the player, but the Revis Effect, which could be substantial. Come join the thread. It's not just about one guy who haens to ply corner; it's about Buc Nation's psyche in the current tense.

In Verner We Trust

pancake block

Starter

#4 : March 25, 2013, 07:36:38 AM

the dream of the entire first page of Red Board being made up of ALL Revis threads is just that much closer...thank you for participatiing...revis radio....all revis all the time!
i agree another revis thread is absurd
: March 25, 2013, 07:57:02 AM pancake block

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 25, 2013, 10:17:56 AM

i disagree with the notion of this thread.  for a few reasons. 

1 - schiano has had a season and offseason to tweak his coverages/ideas.  he also has another HC on his staff to lean on.   

2 - adding a guy like revis does more than you suggest imo.  he improves other CB's watching him practice every day.  we have many fans that think revis isnt a team guy...but there are multiple reports that he works as hard as anyone.  aside from that  not only does he take away the other teams #1 WR, he allows coverages to shift to the other WR's.  no need to help revis, so its not just solely leonard johnson covering julio.

3 - my opinion only, i think revis could be the missing link...with a few more minor additions this offseason. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 25, 2013, 10:23:24 AM

While I generally agree with your point that even with a healthy and motivated Revis, the Bucs still have a lot of personnel issues on defense, the thing with a #1 CB is that he has a big effect on the rest of the secondary if you NEVER have to give him help. For example if you play the Falcons and Revis covers either White or Jones, the other guy won't be one-on-one with Leonard Johnson. He'll be double covered because the extra defender doesn't even have to worry about Revis' side of the field. He can hang out with the #2 CB ta all times.

I read a similar thing about Talib in New England last year. The reason Talib made such a big difference wasn't even that he could cover #1 WR's. He couldn't. What they did with him was stick him on ever #2 WR one-on-one, which he was up for, and then double covered all the #1 WR's with another CB and safety. That's how you do it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 25, 2013, 10:23:30 AM

You know what will be a absurd? 

Revis and Goldson paired up in Madden. Oh-em-gee!

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#8 : March 25, 2013, 12:14:52 PM

Boid I think I just came........ummmm, I mean, +1

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is this absurd? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools