Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano....Freeman needs to process information more quickly « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 23, 2013, 08:38:38 AM

Even in his "good" games, Josh usually sucks in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. He may start and finish strong, but everything in between is usually garbage. That is why he is frustrating to watch and many fans are sick of him. It's like he comes out and runs the scripted plays in the first quarter and usually looks good....then he just looses focus and sucks...then his natural "clutch" instincts kick in and he comes back in the 4th. It gets old. People just want a guy who can stay focused all game and be consistent.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 23, 2013, 06:40:10 PM

It is not two separate issues. His inability to process information quickly causes indecision and he loses focus which causes bad mechanics.

Stick to message boards JDub. It's obvious you have never played a down of football in your life.

Good mechanics become ingrained with practice.  Maybe you should stick to the name calling after all.

It's clearly what you do best.

Fail. Jdub is correct here. When he is playing well, mechanics look good. When things are going wrong, he reverts to his bad habits.

I have been watching his poor footwork since the day he got here. I have sat and watched practice after practice in which Josh Johnson had flawless footwork and Freeman never has. He doesn't even try. He will occasionally look good but never for an entire session. It is obviously something that he has never taken seriously and that is the issue here.

THIS is what I am talking about. This is the issue. Every QB has poor footwork "when things go wrong". I'm talking about an ongoing issue that is not being addressed and now we have a coach who is trying to blame his poor footwork on indecision? I'm calling BS because I know what the problem is. .....and this coach is apparently not attempting to fix it.  I guess it is easier to just bring in a guy who already has good footwork.

If you ask me that is not exactly the sign of a great coach.  He needs to forget about everyone else's feet being on the line and start paying attention to Freeman's feet more.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 24, 2013, 05:21:51 PM

Even in his "good" games, Josh usually sucks in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. He may start and finish strong, but everything in between is usually garbage. That is why he is frustrating to watch and many fans are sick of him. It's like he comes out and runs the scripted plays in the first quarter and usually looks good....then he just looses focus and sucks...then his natural "clutch" instincts kick in and he comes back in the 4th. It gets old. People just want a guy who can stay focused all game and be consistent.

I have felt they should go with that, if it works why not?  Dude seems better out there winging it.  When Favre was winning games, I doubt his coaches were pulling him aside after big wins and sayin, hey Brett....we need to work on that footwork.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#33 : March 25, 2013, 10:07:51 AM

Wow!!!!  It took almost all year for them to find out what we the fans have known for years.... "As the year went on, it became very clear to us that he's an incredibly accurate passer on the run, so we started moving the pocket more, and I thought he was very effective with that," Schiano said.    No wonder it took until weeks 4 or 5 for them to change the plays and stop running Martin up the middle 1st & 2nd down every series of downs & sometimes 3rd down too.  I never noticed them moving the pocket too much for him at all.  I wonder about these guys sometimes and we won't even talk about how long it takes for them to change something on defense...We are still waiting for that. 

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#34 : March 25, 2013, 10:09:56 AM

I second that JDUB

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 25, 2013, 10:31:02 AM

It is not two separate issues. His inability to process information quickly causes indecision and he loses focus which causes bad mechanics.

Stick to message boards JDub. It's obvious you have never played a down of football in your life.

Good mechanics become ingrained with practice.  Maybe you should stick to the name calling after all.

Fail. Jdub is correct here. When he is playing well, mechanics look good. When things are going wrong, he reverts to his bad habits.

I have been watching his poor footwork since the day he got here. I have sat and watched practice after practice in which Josh Johnson had flawless footwork and Freeman never has. He doesn't even try. He will occasionally look good but never for an entire session. It is obviously something that he has never taken seriously and that is the issue here.

THIS is what I am talking about. This is the issue. Every QB has poor footwork "when things go wrong". I'm talking about an ongoing issue that is not being addressed and now we have a coach who is trying to blame his poor footwork on indecision? I'm calling BS because I know what the problem is. .....and this coach is apparently not attempting to fix it.  I guess it is easier to just bring in a guy who already has good footwork.

If you ask me that is not exactly the sign of a great coach.  He needs to forget about everyone else's feet being on the line and start paying attention to Freeman's feet more.

I stopped reading your argument when you made the Josh Johnson comparison.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 25, 2013, 10:54:49 AM

BRING BACK JOSH JOHNSON!!!!! HE WAS NEVER GIVEN A FAIR CHANCE!!!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 25, 2013, 11:31:13 AM

Unfortunately, until we start winning again, it seems there will be somebody beating the Gruden drum.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 25, 2013, 11:36:37 AM

OH God, remember when some actually thought we could get a guy like Vernon Davis or a 2nd rounder in a straight up trade for him because Harbaugh was so desperate to give him a starting job?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano....Freeman needs to process information more quickly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools