Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano .... "Bucs will actively pursue some remaining free-agent corners" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#135 : March 29, 2013, 01:51:49 AM

Good post Bucko40...   I'd only add one word to part of your 3rd sentence.

"...So due to the( perceived) inactivity of the Bucs FO to bring in competition the Bucs..."

true that. Just because we don't see doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. For all we know the Bucs and Jets could have a deal in place for Draft weekend and just don't want to expose their respective strategies. We will just have to wait and see if a plan actually does exist.
I'm beginning to think something may happen during the draft as well.

That's what I believe anyway. It helps both teams greatly by waiting until draft.

1. If the jets get 13, then they aren't going to want to let everyone else know that. The reason being, the positional needs being addressed for the two teams aren't the same. Everyone else would expect the bucs to pick a corner, but the jets might not. That being said, some teams won't be able to leapfrog over them to get "x" player before they do if it's not known until last minute.

2. For the bucs, it brings much needed hype and media coverage. It would essentially be the talk of the draft from there on out.

3. Even the bucs might have a reason to not let their cards be known before draft. They could sell off both seconds, and keep the first, or just the first this year, or even next year's first. Point is, many teams might think we reach for reavis instead, and choose not to jump Tampa for "x" draftee.  If they sell off next years first, they wouldn't want teams to know ahead of time that they kept their first this draft.

4. If dom wants to trade up, he might want to do that before it's known that they obtained revis. Suitors to trade with might feel like they could make this FO pay more than they should and make trading difficult.

5. By waiting on the revis trade via draft, it might be important to note that the bucs still have enough greenbacks to snatch up any good players who've had a falling out with their team. From now, until draft, dom has the ability to sign whoever to a structured contract that won't screw up the cap after the deal goes through with revis.

There are plenty of reasons to keep this silent. Most of them on the jets part, but I'm sure being considerate never hurts the bargaining process either. These are just some of the reasons just off the top of my head. I'm sure others here would have others as well.

Maybe we should stop calling him revis island, maybe we should start calling him conspiracy mountain?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#136 : March 29, 2013, 02:46:45 AM

Hope you are right, Bench.

In Verner We Trust

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#137 : March 29, 2013, 07:14:50 AM

We will get it done .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#138 : March 29, 2013, 09:46:37 AM

Did we decide what active means yet?

Do I need to call tom cruise for him to use his voodoo witchcraft to get the invisible fire off me?

Because, like the invisible fire, I can't see it happening.
: March 29, 2013, 09:49:40 AM Benchwarmer#1

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#139 : March 29, 2013, 10:03:38 AM

Good post Bench.

Active means they're doing (or have done) something...  I'd hazard a guess that Idzik and Dominik have an established level of trust through working together for so long.   I'd guess Dom wants to see his
former co-worker do well in a very difficult position.   and in part, waiting until the draft helps the Jets as I think they could be targeting a move up in the draft.

Add that to the latest Bucs FB page "Keep Calm and Live the Buc's Life"  post...

We just have to remain patient... or biotch about it for the next 3 weeks - either way.   I'm confident they will get it right.

They're trying to let us know it's good, but can't show those cards.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#140 : March 29, 2013, 10:12:32 AM

This "active pursuit" of FA corners is like watching a sloth pursue a cheetah.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#141 : March 29, 2013, 10:38:20 AM

And if NOTHING happens with Revis or any other CB before the draft?

Could happen.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#142 : March 29, 2013, 10:42:07 AM

We'll roll with the rookies and an adjusted scheme.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#143 : March 29, 2013, 10:48:11 AM

Active = "Is the toner level in the fax machine ok? Check the paper tray!"

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#144 : March 30, 2013, 01:42:15 PM

Is there anybody out there (at OBP)?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#145 : March 30, 2013, 01:46:55 PM

[Crickets]

jlr0714

Starter
#146 : March 31, 2013, 08:48:01 AM

He never says they are actively pursuing free agent cornerbacks...he just says they will continue to pursue free agents.  I believe they have a plan, and we will know what it was after it has been executed.   

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#147 : March 31, 2013, 10:06:22 AM

Well, in either case jlr, are they active or continuing anything if they sign one player?

njligernj

Starter
#148 : April 01, 2013, 10:39:43 AM

I sure hope "the time is right" to spend some of our massive amounts of cap room sometime in the next decade.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano .... "Bucs will actively pursue some remaining free-agent corners" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools