Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano .... "Bucs will actively pursue some remaining free-agent corners" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#75 : March 25, 2013, 11:40:23 AM

Except we need more than one corner

nah.  revis, a drafted guy, LJ, gaitor and gorrer.  im down with that.  could play a lot of 3 safety defenses as well.

Which one of those guys is your #2 cb? Relying on a rookie isn't great planning.

smithcar

Starter

#76 : March 25, 2013, 11:48:11 AM

That's my opinion.  Which was formed after the first kneeldown play.

I was on board with Schiano until it became obvious that he is a cancer.

you can rationalize all you want, but if you come to a Bucs Message Board and call out the Bucs coach as trash, and a..hole....there aint no respect. 

and add to it the ridiculous notion that schiano is a cancer?  and call it obvious?  true colors shining through.

I was skeptical of Schiano until the kneel down play, I wasn't sure he would hold true to all the talk.  Once he had the players not give up in the kneel down play, I realized he would hold true to his standards of never accepting defeat.  As a High school coach I always am telling players to never give up always give 100% on every play, why should we expect any less from an NFL player.  Now if the game is out of reach the kneel down play should be just that a victory formation, but if we are trailing by one score why should we conceed????  I think if other teams had balls they would do it to!  Now that being said I am concerned that some players may be avoiding signing on to play for Schiano, again so be it, if you don't want to work your ass off to win every game go somewhere else where winning isn't the only goal.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#77 : March 25, 2013, 11:52:26 AM

Now that being said I am concerned that some players may be avoiding signing on to play for Schiano, again so be it, if you don't want to work your ass off to win every game go somewhere else where winning isn't the only goal.
Clearly the Bucs have the market cornered when it comes to winning.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#78 : March 25, 2013, 11:52:26 AM

Which one of those guys is your #2 cb? Relying on a rookie isn't great planning.

LJ played pretty well as a rookie, i wouldnt mind him playing opposite of revis.  and i certainly wouldnt mind a 1st round CB playing #2.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#79 : March 25, 2013, 11:54:24 AM

Now that being said I am concerned that some players may be avoiding signing on to play for Schiano, again so be it, if you don't want to work your ass off to win every game go somewhere else where winning isn't the only goal.

when a player signs with another team after having a better offer on the table from us,  ill worry about schiano likeability.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

smithcar

Starter

#80 : March 25, 2013, 12:04:17 PM

I think we are trying to go in the right direction at least.
We went from a terrible team, not even trying to at least giving effort everygame even when we didn't have a chance to win, that is an improvement in my mind.  I would rather have a steady improvement and be good for years to come.  You can always go and cheer for someone else if you want.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#81 : March 25, 2013, 01:47:08 PM

Still waiting.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#82 : March 25, 2013, 01:47:53 PM

I guess pursuing and signing are two different things altogether.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#83 : March 25, 2013, 09:39:33 PM

LJ played pretty well as a rookie, i wouldnt mind him playing opposite of revis.  and i certainly wouldnt mind a 1st round CB playing #2.

For sure.  They could jump up and get Milliner, and him and Revis would be a good combo.  That secondary would be solid for years.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#84 : March 25, 2013, 10:49:00 PM

Pacman resigned with the Bengals  today.  Another one off the market.  Though I doubt the Bucs would be interested anyway.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#85 : March 25, 2013, 11:03:21 PM

LJ was a turnover machine.  As for his coverage skills - well let's hope it was the coaching.  He wasn't very good.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#86 : March 26, 2013, 07:25:47 AM

when a player signs with another team after having a better offer on the table from us,  ill worry about schiano likeability.

Well it doesn't look like that is going to happen.  The player would need to actually engage in negotiations with the Bucs in order for that to happen.

GT, I have been really curious how your hypothesis that the Bucs aren't willing to pay for the players that they are pursuing  works?

For instance,  if I want to buy a new pair of jeans that cost $120.00, but I'm only willing to pay $80.00, how will I be able to procure them? 

I certainly would not announce my plans to purchase said jeans publicly if I weren't willing to pony up the cash.

Just curious.  Maybe it's something ingenious that I just haven't thought of yet.

How does that work?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#87 : March 26, 2013, 08:49:42 AM

GT, I have been really curious how your hypothesis that the Bucs aren't willing to pay for the players that they are pursuing  works?
Are you kidding? Since Mark Dominik has been GM, he's overpaid for every free agent he's signed but two.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#88 : March 26, 2013, 09:18:28 AM

Poor planning. Now they're left with sloppy seconds. Not good.

Maybe they are looking for veteran quality depth and to draft a couple of guys in April.

Nothing wrong with that.

Seems like patience is running short for many.

Other than a healthy Revis, was there really much there at CB that was MUST have talent-wise?

Turn the page.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#89 : March 26, 2013, 09:18:32 AM

Problem is they are all zone corners (or older and can only play zone now). Get one for depth - Winfield and/or Barber will do.

Revis and Trufant as our starters.    Done.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano .... "Bucs will actively pursue some remaining free-agent corners" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools