Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano .... "Bucs will actively pursue some remaining free-agent corners" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#90 : March 26, 2013, 09:36:08 AM

Poor planning. Now they're left with sloppy seconds. Not good.

Maybe they are looking for veteran quality depth and to draft a couple of guys in April.

Nothing wrong with that.

Seems like patience is running short for many.

Other than a healthy Revis, was there really much there at CB that was MUST have talent-wise?

Agree. I dont blame them though. My patience is running short as well. Its just that our pass D was attrocious last year and they havent done anything at our weakest position. I think its enough to show some concern. Hopefully the plan works out and they are able to get it looking better come opening day.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#91 : March 26, 2013, 11:23:53 AM

GT, I have been really curious how your hypothesis that the Bucs aren't willing to pay for the players that they are pursuing  works?

For instance,  if I want to buy a new pair of jeans that cost $120.00, but I'm only willing to pay $80.00, how will I be able to procure them? 

I certainly would not announce my plans to purchase said jeans publicly if I weren't willing to pony up the cash.

Just curious.  Maybe it's something ingenious that I just haven't thought of yet.

How does that work?

wow.  you like the 120 jeans, but c'mon, you dont love them.  you pull the store owner to the side so the rest of the customers cant hear, and you say, "i kinda like those jeans, but im only willing to pay 80 for them".  he probably wont sell them, but you really dont want them for that price either.  but you do notice the store owner is wearing $300 jeans, and you know that he cant afford them.  you tell him you'll pay him for those jeans and he says he'll think about it.  if he says tomorrow he's still interested in selling you the 300, but wants to wait a few more days...personally, i might wait for the 300's rather than buying the 120's i really dont think are worth it.

stupid story that should relate for you.

almost forgot, brand new jean store is opening up next month.  not really sure about the quality yet but there should be a lot of pairs for great prices and early reviews are good.
: March 26, 2013, 11:29:03 AM GameTime

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#92 : March 26, 2013, 12:59:47 PM

Actively pursue more water coolers in the offices in more like it.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#93 : March 26, 2013, 01:04:42 PM

Did they bring any corners in yet? No?

I thought there was no way they would skip out on all the corners in FA, but they somehow managed it.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#94 : March 26, 2013, 02:17:49 PM

I thought there was no way they would skip out on all the corners in FA, but they somehow managed it.

Or mis-managed it.

*cue the: " >:( there is still plenty of time/offseason left >:(" spiel.*

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#95 : March 26, 2013, 02:19:34 PM

Yea I thought they would sign at least one guy regardless of the Revis trade.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#96 : March 26, 2013, 02:37:59 PM

Still waiting Dom. Tick Tock. If you don't pull off the Revis trade then you should be fired. No Revis means in all likelihood the Bucs opening day starters will be Leonard Johnson and a rookie. That gives me a warm fuzzy inside. 

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#97 : March 26, 2013, 02:41:51 PM

Still waiting Dom. Tick Tock. If you don't pull off the Revis trade then you should be fired. No Revis means in all likelihood the Bucs opening day starters will be Leonard Johnson and a rookie. That gives me a warm fuzzy inside.

Fuzzy like when you gotta poop at a house party.  :'(

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#98 : March 26, 2013, 02:45:15 PM

Bucko40,

All you do is **CENSORED** about Dom. We needed help in pass defense, we added a probowl safety and will add at least 2 more CB's before and during the draft. Essentially we'll have one guy that is starting for the 2013 bucs that was in 2012 yet you demand more change than that. Should we cut Barron and sign Bob Sanders now?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#99 : March 26, 2013, 02:51:03 PM

Bucko40,

All you do is **CENSORED** about Dom. We needed help in pass defense, we added a probowl safety and will add at least 2 more CB's before and during the draft. Essentially we'll have one guy that is starting for the 2013 bucs that was in 2012 yet you demand more change than that. Should we cut Barron and sign Bob Sanders now?

How does overreacting to his posts, make you any better?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#100 : March 26, 2013, 02:58:16 PM

Bucko40,

No overreaction there, that was sarcasm.

We'll likely have 3 of 4 new starters in our secondary next year. I'm one of the few who just want this team to do better. Bucko40 clearly hates Dom, or anyone who isn't Allen/Gruden for that matter, and we all get to read his pointless posts about firing a GM who easily had the best offseason of any team last year. Big FA signings, nailed and I mean nailed the draft and this knucklehead wants him out because we didn't sign an over the hill CB, injury case CB or the worthless sean Smith.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#101 : March 26, 2013, 03:24:20 PM

Bucko40,

No overreaction there, that was sarcasm.

We'll likely have 3 of 4 new starters in our secondary next year. I'm one of the few who just want this team to do better. Bucko40 clearly hates Dom, or anyone who isn't Allen/Gruden for that matter, and we all get to read his pointless posts about firing a GM who easily had the best offseason of any team last year. Big FA signings, nailed and I mean nailed the draft and this knucklehead wants him out because we didn't sign an over the hill CB, injury case CB or the worthless sean Smith.

Hold up. Hold up. Hold up.

You are "one of the few" who wants this team to do better?

I call bullsh*t.  90% of the people who post here want this team to do better. Just because people don't like Dom, or certain players, does not mean they want this team to fail.

This whole attitude by some, that unless people are posting nothing but sunshine and rainbows..then they want this team to fail, is beyond rediculous.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#102 : March 26, 2013, 03:29:25 PM

Or mis-managed it.

Just doesnt make any sense though. There was not ONE of those CBs that have been signed that would in any way have caused the Bucs to not still be able to get Revis. The only thing that makes sense is they simply didnt want any of them. That i dont understand myself but I find it hard to believe it wasnt intentional.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#103 : March 26, 2013, 03:35:13 PM

Bucko40,

Cool.  Link?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#104 : March 26, 2013, 03:47:37 PM

Or mis-managed it.

Just doesnt make any sense though. There was not ONE of those CBs that have been signed that would in any way have caused the Bucs to not still be able to get Revis. The only thing that makes sense is they simply didnt want any of them. That i dont understand myself but I find it hard to believe it wasnt intentional.

That's pretty much where I have landed as well. It wasn't about the $. It was about the amount of value they did or didn't bring talent-wise/fit with the team and scheme.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano .... "Bucs will actively pursue some remaining free-agent corners" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools