Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 53 man roster projection 03/21/13 and analysis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: March 21, 2013, 10:57:41 PM

QB: Josh Freeman, Dan Orvlosky
RB: Doug Martin, DJ Ware, Michael Smith, LaGerrette Blount
FB: Erik Lorig
TE: Luke Stocker, Tom Crabtree, Danny Noble, Zach Miller
WR: Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Tiquan Underwood, Kevin Olgetree, David Douglas
OT: Donald Penn, Demar Dotson, Jamon Meredith
OG: Davin Joseph, Carl Nicks, Desmond Wynn, Roger Allen
OC: Jeremy Zuttah, Ted Larsen, Cody Wallace

DE: Da'Quan Bowers, Adrian Clayborn, Daniel Te'o Nesheim, Markus White
DT: Gerald McCoy, Gary Gibson, Richard Clebert, Corvey Irvin
LB: Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Adam Heyward, Dekoda Watson, Jonathan Casillas, Jacob Cutrera
CB: Anthony Gaiter, Leonard Johnson, Keith Tandy, Danny Gorrer, James Rogers
S: Mark Barron, Dashon Goldson,  Cody Grimm, Ahman Black, Sean Baker

K: Connor Barth
P: Michael Koenen
LS: A. Economos

RB and TE are weak areas, but WR is one as well based on this roster projection.  I am not sure if the team will re-sign Sammie Stroughter or not to be honest.  OT can also be seen as a weak area along with QB depth.  Defensively, that side of the ball lacks quality starters that the offense has along with depth issues.  DE is very thin and DT is too thin given Gerald McCoy's injury history.  Linebacker and safety clearly are the stronger units but that can be deceving given that other than Lavonte David the others need to step up.  CB is the weakest unit on the team and this projection shows why.  I could have included Wright in this projection but honestly it wouldn't have a made a difference as this unit is hurting. 

Overall, I am not sure what the Bucs strategy is moving forward because if Dominik is trying to emulate Rich McKay's strategy of only paying big money to core players he needs to identify them fast, because not having core players at DT, OT, CB, DE can forshadow major problems.  I am not trying to ovesell the importance of a nose tackle or a right tackle, but you can't expect to win this league if you don't have NFL average at those spots at least.  Especially at CB.

I will probably do another projection post draft, but I honestly don't see this roster being altered that much by another draft IMO.  I have mixed feelings about how this roster is shaping up and I am leaning towards the side of great concern but we shall see.

: March 21, 2013, 11:00:47 PM alldaway

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 22, 2013, 12:32:01 PM

That CB list would look bad for an Arena League roster

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 22, 2013, 01:15:50 PM

Nice thread alldaway

I disgree about the RB position being weak. I think it is (and was) not being utilized correctly.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 22, 2013, 02:20:47 PM

That CB list would look bad for an Arena League roster

It looks like Myron Lewis and Eric Wright are staying, but that doesn't change my opinion for the position.  Overall, this is probably the worst the CB situation has been in a very long time.

As for RB being misutilized you could argue that, but it doesn't seem like Blount will be with the team on opening day in 2013 but we shall see.  If that is the case, RB depth becomes a major issue in a hurry.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#4 : March 22, 2013, 02:24:56 PM

Very realistic projection and finally a same thread on this Revis Red Board.

And see, this is a similar roster to what I'd thought Tampa would walk into on opening day.
Yet another reason why I see them going 6-10/7-9

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 22, 2013, 02:34:33 PM

Yes if nothing else changes I predict a 7-9 record as right of now based on the roster composition currently, but the draft may help but I don't think enough to go over the hump.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 22, 2013, 02:40:36 PM

First, I think doing this before free agency is over and the draft is kind of pointless. I don't know how you can think that the roster won't change much even with just the draft. The Bucs have a ton of cap room (and can still cut Wright...which you have them doing) and still have major holes. You list RB and TE as our weak areas? TE is a bit weak, but what about CB and DE? Those were our biggest needs coming into the off season and we not only haven't addressed them...in fact, we have actually lost players at both DE and CB and we are probably going to lose Barber. 53 man predictions before free agency and the draft are over are like mock drafts for 2014 before we even know the final draft order or the combine workouts.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

X-RayCat57

Second String

#7 : March 22, 2013, 02:45:16 PM

This isnt much of a projection. Just pretty much listing the guys who are currently on team. We will draft guys you know? Trades and more fre agnet pickup will happen. Blount will be traded, another WR will be added and surely there will be more TEs. Sorry but this is a waste of time.

\\\"Rock on London, Rock on Chicago! Taco bell, run for the border!\\\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 22, 2013, 02:48:38 PM

It looks pretty bad in some areas, but the draft/free agency can really improve the roster. Just getting Revis would make a big difference. Then imagine getting Star, then Logan Ryan, that's already 3 starters right there. I wouldn't be surprised if a mid round pick could be our best player at TE either.

Oh also I think that Aaron Morgan would beat out Markus White at DE.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#9 : March 22, 2013, 02:54:04 PM

Yes if nothing else changes I predict a 7-9 record as right of now based on the roster composition currently, but the draft may help but I don't think enough to go over the hump.
we went 7-9 basically without Joseph, Nicks, Clayborn and Bowers.

We should be better this year. Even with the CBs being garbage, we can't be worse in the defensive backfield.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 22, 2013, 09:06:57 PM

This isnt much of a projection. Just pretty much listing the guys who are currently on team. We will draft guys you know? Trades and more fre agnet pickup will happen. Blount will be traded, another WR will be added and surely there will be more TEs. Sorry but this is a waste of time.

It is a pre draft projection and there is no smoke and mirrors to this.  This is what the 53 man roster would look like based on what the Bucs have as of now.  If you are disturbed by what I see I don't blame you.

First, I think doing this before free agency is over and the draft is kind of pointless. I don't know how you can think that the roster won't change much even with just the draft. The Bucs have a ton of cap room (and can still cut Wright...which you have them doing) and still have major holes. You list RB and TE as our weak areas? TE is a bit weak, but what about CB and DE? Those were our biggest needs coming into the off season and we not only haven't addressed them...in fact, we have actually lost players at both DE and CB and we are probably going to lose Barber. 53 man predictions before free agency and the draft are over are like mock drafts for 2014 before we even know the final draft order or the combine workouts.

I think it is very important to show the Bucs roster compositon before the draft and obviously I will do one post draft to mark the differences.  But most of the draft selections will displace the bottom tier guys in this projection.  And it would be difficult to have 4 rookies starting for this squad but that is my opinion.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#11 : March 23, 2013, 07:39:12 AM

we went 7-9 basically without Joseph, Nicks, Clayborn and Bowers.

We should be better this year. Even with the CBs being garbage, we can't be worse in the defensive backfield.

Agree with Muscle Hamster, we went 7-9 with a god awful Pass-D and missing 2 key rushers (Clayborn, Bowers) and the 2 best guards in football (Nicks, Joseph) that by itself should get us to 9 Wins, then you add Goldston which wold get us to around 10.

Then you add Darrelle Revis who would get us too 11 or 12, if we added grimes as well we would be for sure at 12 then you add the draft. We could potentially be a 14 Win Team. We could potentially not just make the playoffs but rule the NFL.

If Josh Freeman plays just like he did the middle of last year and we add Revis and Goldson we are no doubt in my mind a playoff team and Grimes could get us to the division win or Bye.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#12 : March 23, 2013, 07:40:18 AM

Hey, there was the thing going on in the NFC South that the last place finisher came in 1st the coming season... Maybe we finished last (by a thread) for a reason... Think about it...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 23, 2013, 08:02:35 AM

I disgree about the RB position being weak. I think it is (and was) not being utilized correctly.

When I look at our group vs Sproles, Thomas, Ivory and Ingram in Nawleans, it just doesn't measure up.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 23, 2013, 09:31:12 AM

Nice effort but I think that this roster will have many, many more changes before the first snap.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 53 man roster projection 03/21/13 and analysis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools