Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sylvester Williams « previous next »
Page: 1

spurzo

Second String

: March 22, 2013, 05:18:33 AM

Been hearing a lot on Williams recently... heard him on a podcast, admits that he's not a polished d-lineman yet but seems like a really hard worker "buccaneer man".  Would be real good fit as a 315lb 1 tech next to McCoy.  Doubtful that he's their in the 2nd round. I'm not fully sold on taking him at 13 but from a pure fit standpoint, I think him and Star would be the best DT's for us.  Solid run stopper who can rush the passer quite well.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Draft-Rumblings-Risers-Fallers-Around-The-NFL.html

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 22, 2013, 07:39:11 AM

If we draft Sylvester Williams 13 overall I will personally drive down to One Buc Place and throw a Molotov **CENSORED**tail through the window....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 22, 2013, 08:02:36 AM

There's a lot of DTs this year, someone will get pushed to the second round. 

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#3 : March 22, 2013, 08:23:53 AM

Been hearing a lot on Williams recently... heard him on a podcast, admits that he's not a polished d-lineman yet but seems like a really hard worker "buccaneer man".  Would be real good fit as a 315lb 1 tech next to McCoy.  Doubtful that he's their in the 2nd round. I'm not fully sold on taking him at 13 but from a pure fit standpoint, I think him and Star would be the best DT's for us.  Solid run stopper who can rush the passer quite well.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Draft-Rumblings-Risers-Fallers-Around-The-NFL.html
Hwe will be there in the second maybe even the 3rd

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 22, 2013, 09:23:33 AM

i doubt hes going to be there in the second, definately gone in the 3rd. i have minnesota picking him up as a replacement for kevin williams with their second pick in the 1st round. if hes there somehow when we choose in the second we need to take him

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#5 : March 22, 2013, 09:35:55 AM

I can see us taking him in the 2nd, maybe even the first depending upon our CB situation at the time. 

I'm a tarheel fan and have watched many games, this guy has shown flashes of studliness and would look good next to McCoy.

Also, Butch's last year at UNC was 2010, Williams first year was 2011.  I'm not sure of the overlap there but Butch may have recruited Williams prior to getting the axe. 

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 22, 2013, 12:13:07 PM

I agree if we waste our first pick on a DT I'm gonna be pissed

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#7 : March 22, 2013, 06:29:19 PM

In terms of higher quality, DT is probably #1 in this years draft.

Star, Floyd, Richardson.

Syl Williams has really caught the attention of a lot of scouts.  For a big man he has a surprisingly fast first step.

Don't know if he makes it up to 13th overall. But he has much potential.

Miller was effective against the run, but apparently Schiano and Dom want both run stopping effectiveness and ability to get after the QB, and he was allow to walk.

Because the Bucs need a DT to replace Miller and because this draft has got 3, maybe 4 top drawer DT's, my guess is the Bucs select a DT at 13th.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 22, 2013, 06:31:16 PM

If we want to piss away a top 15 pick....by all means, Sylvester would be our guy.
: March 22, 2013, 06:33:17 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#9 : March 22, 2013, 06:33:59 PM

I think we end up with Star or Richardson

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 22, 2013, 06:39:26 PM

Unfortunately...I wouldn't put it past this FO to spend a premium pick on a position that does not require superstar talent. They handed Quincy Black a ton of money. Last year, they spent our #7 pick on a Safety.

Spending #13 on a NT...sure, why the hell not?

What's next? Drafting the top RB next year in the first round and playing him at FB?

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#11 : March 22, 2013, 06:40:46 PM

Walter has the Bucs taking Star

Draft Countdown has the Bucs taking Star

2 of the 4 "experts" at CBS have the Bucs taking Star, the 3rd has the Bucs taking Floyd and the 4th has the Bucs taking Richardson

National Football Post (Landy) has the Bucs taking Floyd.

Who the DT is differs, but all have the Bucs slated to take a DT in the 1st round.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 22, 2013, 06:46:25 PM

They feel the same way as I do then....

Prototypical mock draft roundtable get together:
"Lol, at Schiano(that's his name right?)...dude will probably take a DT early on in the draft. Well at least that is one pick in the teens that we have a good shot at getting correct"

/scene.

spurzo

Second String

#13 : March 22, 2013, 10:47:21 PM

How is a 2 gapping, 1 tech tackle not important?  Because he gets double teamed? I've never heard anybody say they think it's an unimportant postion. You say it like this common knowledge and everyone should accept it, I don't buy that whatsoever.  In my eyes all four spots along a 4-3 d-line are of the utmost importance.  D-line is the most important unit on a defence.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sylvester Williams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools