Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Nassib #1 QB in this years draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: March 22, 2013, 07:28:43 AM

Anyone remember me talking about Ryan Nassib being a sleeper in this years draft? Well he certainly isn't anymore. Greg Cosell rated him as his #1 QB above Geno Smith. Have to say I agree. I was hoping we might be able to take a flier on the kid in the 3rd initially but no way that is happening anymore. I see the Bills taking him in the first.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 22, 2013, 07:35:40 AM

Have no fear , we are getting EJ Manuel. As per the great Jdouble !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 22, 2013, 09:16:32 AM

Being a Syracuse fan, and a Nassib fan, I have to say I think Geno is clearly the #1 QB prospect. Geno has a very high football IQ, and surprising athleticism.

That said, Nassib is VERY intelligent, so he will digest an NFL playbook easily. He has good pocket evasiveness, and can throw on the move fairly well. He has a strong arm, he has some zero trajectory mid range arm strength. Deep ball accuracy is an issue, but that can definitely be improved upon with a better cast of WRs. Surprised to hear his arm strength is an issue. Watching him play, I have seen receivers drop passes as a result if having too much velocity. He will make for a fine pro prospect as well. Buffalo could do worse...

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 22, 2013, 09:21:37 AM

wow cosell has been smoking crack. no offense but i just dont see it with nassib. he reminds me of matt moore. hes not going to lose you games but hes also not going to win you games. very average

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 22, 2013, 09:45:51 AM

Cosell is a smart guy, who watches an amazing amount of film.  His reasoning is that Nassib is very accurate on the intermediate throws necessary for today's NFL.  On the other hand, he believes Geno shows too much inaccuracy on the same throws.  Nassib has a strong arm, not Tyler Bray strong, but strong.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 22, 2013, 09:49:44 AM

Exactly Sweep. The big thing about Nassib is that he is indeed very intelligent, and he can benefit from having a stronger NFL cast around him.

However, it wouldn't surprise me to see him have a Eli Manning type trajectory.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 22, 2013, 09:57:33 AM

My breakdown of Nassib is this.

Very smart, seems to be able to read and more important progress through his options fairly quickly. I think he has an above average arm and needs to learn some touch. I agree Boid, his receivers dropped some balls because he threw them to hard, imo. He looks to get a bit antsy when throwing the ball deep that isn't his first option but that could be because his offensive line wasn't great. He got sacked more than I would like but that falls on both of them.

What I like most about him are his losses. Watch his losing efforts and you'll see no running game by SU, you'll see him constantly under pressure but you'll also see him continue to stand in the pocket, make his reads and throw darts. He's a little shorter than I would like to see and has good pocket awareness with serviceable scrambling ability. I don't think he makes it out of the first. I can't comment on Geno Smith, haven' t really watch much of him.

Greg Cossell thinks he's very accurate and has great footwork.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 22, 2013, 09:59:47 AM

Cosell is a smart guy, who watches an amazing amount of film.  His reasoning is that Nassib is very accurate on the intermediate throws necessary for today's NFL.  On the other hand, he believes Geno shows too much inaccuracy on the same throws.  Nassib has a strong arm, not Tyler Bray strong, but strong.

hmm ill have to go back and watch his throws. he doesnt look like hes got a that strong of an arms. it looked pretty average overall to me. he can make all the throws but it didnt look like hes going to be firing the ball into any really tight windows

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 22, 2013, 10:59:58 AM

I seem to remember hearing something about a QB who could only throw the ball about 45 yards in the air. That QBs were lined up on the goal line and asked to chuck it and one QB only made it about 45. I thought that was Nassib. Anyone else heard that?

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 22, 2013, 11:10:39 AM

I seem to remember hearing something about a QB who could only throw the ball about 45 yards in the air. That QBs were lined up on the goal line and asked to chuck it and one QB only made it about 45. I thought that was Nassib. Anyone else heard that?

no idea

ESPN had the skills challenge and nassib had the shortest throw behind manuel, glennon, and rodgers

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 22, 2013, 11:14:20 AM

Respect Cosell's work...  rarely inaccurate, especially with QB's.

I think it's really hard to differentiate mediocrity of any of these guys this year at QB.   I watched the segment - the differences between them are minute.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 22, 2013, 11:15:09 AM

Yeah I heard that. But he is capable. He may have shortchanged himself in the meat market, but he is a plausible prospect.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#12 : March 22, 2013, 11:16:55 AM

The biggest knock on Nassib has been that his mechanics break down when he's under pressure.  It's funny that Greg Cosell and Russ Lande (National Football Post) both list Nassib as their #1 QB, and other scouts don't even have him in the top 3.  It only takes 1 team to fall in love.

EersNBucs

Practice Squad

#13 : March 22, 2013, 02:52:36 PM

Being a Syracuse fan, and a Nassib fan, I have to say I think Geno is clearly the #1 QB prospect. Geno has a very high football IQ, and surprising athleticism.

That said, Nassib is VERY intelligent, so he will digest an NFL playbook easily. He has good pocket evasiveness, and can throw on the move fairly well. He has a strong arm, he has some zero trajectory mid range arm strength. Deep ball accuracy is an issue, but that can definitely be improved upon with a better cast of WRs. Surprised to hear his arm strength is an issue. Watching him play, I have seen receivers drop passes as a result if having too much velocity. He will make for a fine pro prospect as well. Buffalo could do worse...

Since WVU played syracuse numerous times( with little success i might add in recent years >:( ) but I have watched nassib play and i do think he will be a good qb in the nfl. Granted i only saw him in a few games but he would torch our d using his TEs just like brady does with gronk and hernendez. i agree that geno is better but in their head to head contests nassib would appear the better qb. I know that his other games werent always as stellar but cuse has been limited in talent recently and i think he was an exceptional qb given what he was working with.

BTW I dunno if you like bball or follow it but how do you feel about no more big east bball.. i personally hate it..the big12 is so soft and they call a foul on every touch.. completely unlike the BE..I am interested to see how the cuse fans feel about it as well even though the ACC is probably better than big12 as far as letting them play

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 22, 2013, 03:01:03 PM

Gonna miss the old matchups. But it will be exciting to see them play the ACC. I feel a little sad thinking of Cuse not in the BE, but such is life.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Nassib #1 QB in this years draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools