Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Nassib #1 QB in this years draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#15 : March 22, 2013, 03:14:14 PM

Gonna miss the old matchups. But it will be exciting to see them play the ACC. I feel a little sad thinking of Cuse not in the BE, but such is life.
I'm a big 'Cuse fan too, and am still in mourning over the move.  I'm also worried that this is Boheim's last run.  The new NCAA investigation, move to ACC, and fact that he achieved the #2 spot in all time wins (but has no shot of being #1) could all seal his retirement after this tournament.  The tweet sent out and then quickly retracted announcing his retirement doesn't help, either.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 22, 2013, 08:55:19 PM

Nassib reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton. If your the Buffalo Bills, that is a good thing. For most teams, not so much.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

atlbuc

Second String

#17 : April 17, 2013, 05:22:34 PM

Si has Ryan Nassib as the highest ranked player in this year's draft. If we are targetting him, I don't think he'll last till the second round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/draft-2013/tracker/#bestAvailable

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 17, 2013, 05:28:48 PM

He will probably go to the Bills and be united with his college coach.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 17, 2013, 05:39:49 PM

Nassib has no deep ball accuracy, I wouldn't want him here and he wouldn't fit the "take shots downfield" offense.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 17, 2013, 06:22:27 PM

Nassib reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton. If your the Buffalo Bills, that is a good thing. For most teams, not so much.

Pretty good comparison although I thought Dalton was even a bit more polished coming out of college.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

STRICK-9

Starter

#21 : April 17, 2013, 07:44:37 PM

I posted this in the Freeman thread but I really like the kid Peter Lalich out of Univ of California-Pennsylvania.  Big arm and smarts...just a rough  few years in college getting into trouble. 

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

bucyou

Rookie

#22 : April 17, 2013, 08:48:52 PM

he sucks

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 17, 2013, 09:47:14 PM

Si has Ryan Nassib as the highest ranked player in this year's draft. If we are targetting him, I don't think he'll last till the second round.

Is there some kind of rule that the top ranked player has to be a QB? The QBs suck this year. Leave it at that. If one of them turns into a star, then yay you have hindsight. Right now they look like **CENSORED**

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 17, 2013, 10:15:44 PM

Could be the next Brian Brohm...or the next Dan Marino.  Who knows?

I would take a shot, but I dislike our QB situation at the moment.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 17, 2013, 11:58:16 PM

Ryan Nassib blows.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 18, 2013, 07:56:07 AM

Is there some kind of rule that the top ranked player has to be a QB? The QBs suck this year. Leave it at that. If one of them turns into a star, then yay you have hindsight. Right now they look like **CENSORED**

It's because too many people fall for the old "QB is the most important position on the field, he's the best QB so therefore he must be the top prospect" way of thinking.

I honestly see a lot of holes in the way people are rating players, take the corners for example where peoples biggest issue with Milliner seems to be that he isn't as good as Claiborne so shouldn't go as high.
In theory that is true but it doesn't take into account the overall level of talent in each years drafts compared to this years, for starters where are the Lucks, RG3s etc this year?
Matt Kalil was 4th overall last year and was better than the top rated OT this year who many have as THE top pick, it's a fluid
To many people have a locked in set of criteria for grading what round a player should go in, how important a position is, etc and truth is each pick in each draft has it's own worth depending on the needs of the team owning the pick, the number of other picks (and where they are) a team has, what a team can get in return if traded, the overall level of talent in the draft and the level of talent at that position.
A QB like Barkley may have a 1st round grade for a whole bunch of teams but you get a team like Washington with RG3 and Kirk, they aren't going to touch him unless he drops A LONG way into the mid rounds at the earliest. (maybe not thebest example given that they don't have a 1st rounder)
You see it with so many mocks where people force picks even if they really don't make sense just because they feel a player has to be a top 10, top 15 pick.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 18, 2013, 08:18:21 AM

I wouldnt want this guy in any round to be honest.  This guy has Ryan Fitzpatrick written all over him.  Really smart guy with a weak arm...sound familiar?  I am all for having smart football players (especially at QB) but the physical skills have to be there too.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#28 : April 18, 2013, 08:23:40 AM

Ryan Nassib blows.

Prized input from a real deep thinker.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 18, 2013, 08:36:35 AM

the writer for SI must be a meth fiend if he hass nassib as the highest ranked player. Nassib is very "meh" as a QB. he doesnt do anything exceptionally well. he looks like your typical 3rd round qb, he wont win you games but he wont lose you games. nothing about this guy screams "greatness" to me
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Nassib #1 QB in this years draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools