Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#150 : March 26, 2013, 06:20:36 PM

This whole stupid thread is based on the idea that a few lazy and undisciplined guys didn't want to play for someone who demanded their best. Voted most the coach that players most didn't want to play for? Again based on hard work and discipline. Schiano had to be tough, look at how soft and easily this team gave up in 2011. It was ridiculous. No one on the bucs is complaining and if players don't want to come here because they'll have to work hard, then I don't want them here. I want hard workers, disciplined football players and guys who'll give it all because they believe their coach has them on the right track.

Despite the Grudpologists around here, Schiano has this team on the rise. Deal with it and shut it.

First of all,  your assumption that all of the available corners are lazy and undisciplined and that is why they don't want to come here seems a bit unrealistic.

These are established NFL players. They are not signing elsewhere because it is going to be a cake walk there. 

You are going to have to dig a little deeper than that if you are seeking real answers as to why we can't seem to attract any corners this year.

Who said they have tried to attract any of them?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#151 : March 26, 2013, 06:22:33 PM

OMG  ... has anyone heard of reading comprehension?

No wonder topics like this go on and on.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#152 : March 26, 2013, 06:24:59 PM

My god, there are so many things wrong with this entire topic. What is this? Seriously, you never WILL give Schiano credit for anything so why do you even sit here and discuss this? All it makes you sound like is an ungrateful, entitled, never satisfied grump. I'm sorry but you've been talking down to people this entire thread under the guise of unbiased discussion when all it is is an Anti-FO thread. At least entertain both sides of the spectrum.

This whole stupid thread is based on the idea that a few lazy and undisciplined guys didn't want to play for someone who demanded their best. Voted most the coach that players most didn't want to play for? Again based on hard work and discipline. Schiano had to be tough, look at how soft and easily this team gave up in 2011. It was ridiculous. No one on the bucs is complaining and if players don't want to come here because they'll have to work hard, then I don't want them here. I want hard workers, disciplined football players and guys who'll give it all because they believe their coach has them on the right track.

Despite the Grudpologists around here, Schiano has this team on the rise. Deal with it and shut it.

I can not say I disagree with that post bucny

ditto bucny

It is and I couldn't say it any better. He came in to a tough situation following Heemy and the lack of any kind of discipline our team had. He had to come in with his Italian staff of justice and change the culture around here. His players in Rutgers loved him and I think that s going to start to happen in Tampa too. This area is going to be able to identify with the way he is making this a team.. not a bunch of druggy, lazy, pistol whipping, cab driver punching, "I'm a mother@$%@@ soldier", rapists. The economy was one reason the attendance dropped off the earth. Good ole boys from Pasco, Polk aren't going to come pay money to see a bunch of gangsta play. So yeah Bucs keep your FU@#$@% toes on the line!!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#153 : March 26, 2013, 06:26:28 PM

Attack the post, not the poster.   

Weak sauce sir...  Weak sauce. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#154 : March 26, 2013, 06:30:03 PM

We have taken over this thread.

It now belongs to the Homers! 8)

(or, rather, people who don't rage at everything.)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#155 : March 26, 2013, 06:38:22 PM

danlowe748

Starter

#156 : March 26, 2013, 07:23:57 PM

Greg Schiano was voted the coach that player's would least like to play for in a mid season poll of CURRENT PLAYERS last year, which is most remarkable considering he hadn't even been in the NFL for a full season yet. Now fast forward to free agency. We were rumored to be linked to several free agent CB's. Sean Smith, Brent Grimes, Keenan Lewis and more.

We also know that Dominator wanted to re-sign our top CB, EJ Biggers, but he was never given the chance. The question is, why are these players signing elsewhere without even visiting One Buc?

The answer is really simple.  Coaches like Schiano were weeded out of the NFL decades ago. This is the reason why. It's because with the advent of free agency,  teams are vying for available players. Today's players don't want to play for this kind of coach, let alone deal with him on a daily basis.

Bennett and Biggers didn't give us a chance to sign them.  Neither did Smith,  Lewis,  or Grimes. Grimes is on the verge of signing with CLE for gods sake and he isn't even considering visiting One Buc from all indications.

Some of the fans love Schiano because of his style, but my question to these fans is how is Dominik supposed to sign a free agent CB when he can't even get any of them to visit?

Sir, you seem to be onto something here.    I find it very strange indeed that both Bennettt and Biggers didn't even give Dom a chance to match.   I can't remember that ever happening to the Bucs in the past.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#157 : March 26, 2013, 08:20:07 PM

Why yes, Cinderella is a classic in terms of storytelling by Disney, but I prefer Aladdin!

"YA GOT A PROBLEM, PINKY?!?!"

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#158 : March 27, 2013, 12:02:22 AM

First of all,  your assumption that all of the available corners are lazy and undisciplined and that is why they don't want to come here seems a bit unrealistic.

These are established NFL players. They are not signing elsewhere because it is going to be a cake walk there. 

You are going to have to dig a little deeper than that if you are seeking real answers as to why we can't seem to attract any corners this year.

Who said they have tried to attract any of them?

Schiano said it. Look for the " Bucs to actively pursue remaining free agent corners" thread. It's not like I'm making this crap up.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#159 : March 27, 2013, 12:13:32 AM

And it doesn't really take a genius to figure out that if they are pursuing fa corners now,  because they need corners, they have been trying to get one since the get go.

It's okay Homer Nation. Who cares if nobody wants to play here.  They are all obviously just lazy bums who just don't want to work hard,  right? That's how they all got into those easy starting positions with their former teams.

Truth is there are not any "Buccaneer men" available at cb.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#160 : March 27, 2013, 12:21:30 AM

And it doesn't really take a genius to figure out that if they are pursuing fa corners now,  because they need corners, they have been trying to get one since the get go.

It's okay Homer Nation. Who cares if nobody wants to play here.  They are all obviously just lazy bums who just don't want to work hard,  right? That's how they all got into those easy starting positions with their former teams.

links to all the CBs that the Bucs tried to get? Links to guys that took a worse offer to play elsewhere? I understand some guys might not want to play for him because hes hardnosed. A lot of guys wanted to play for Raheem, well that is until Sundays when they just cashed it in.

Biggers isn't a loss by any means, and Bennett was marginal. If that's your only ammo, well keep firing BBs. let us know when you graduate to at least a .22 bullet before you have a real conversation.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#161 : March 27, 2013, 12:22:48 AM

Your should change your name to broken record.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#162 : March 27, 2013, 12:26:58 AM

someones just mad that Grimm isn't getting any playing time or even a look from the new coach and their screen name will be out of date when the 53man roster is announced. Keeping whitey down....wait, whitey is in charge too.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

danlowe748

Starter

#163 : March 27, 2013, 07:32:45 AM

Keeping whitey down.

That comment was uncalled for.   What are you some kind of racist?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#164 : March 29, 2013, 10:37:22 AM

Greg Schiano was voted the coach that player's would least like to play for in a mid season poll of CURRENT PLAYERS last year, which is most remarkable considering he hadn't even been in the NFL for a full season yet. Now fast forward to free agency. We were rumored to be linked to several free agent CB's. Sean Smith, Brent Grimes, Keenan Lewis and more.

We also know that Dominator wanted to re-sign our top CB, EJ Biggers, but he was never given the chance. The question is, why are these players signing elsewhere without even visiting One Buc?

The answer is really simple.  Coaches like Schiano were weeded out of the NFL decades ago. This is the reason why. It's because with the advent of free agency,  teams are vying for available players. Today's players don't want to play for this kind of coach, let alone deal with him on a daily basis.

Bennett and Biggers didn't give us a chance to sign them.  Neither did Smith,  Lewis,  or Grimes. Grimes is on the verge of signing with CLE for gods sake and he isn't even considering visiting One Buc from all indications.

Some of the fans love Schiano because of his style, but my question to these fans is how is Dominik supposed to sign a free agent CB when he can't even get any of them to visit?

LMAO at this thread after just hearing that WRIGHT helped sell Goldson on coming here. Wright ... Lol.  Yeah, Schiano is the reason we have been slow moving in FA.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools