Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#165 : March 29, 2013, 11:49:23 AM

Greg Schiano was voted the coach that player's would least like to play for in a mid season poll of CURRENT PLAYERS last year, which is most remarkable considering he hadn't even been in the NFL for a full season yet. Now fast forward to free agency. We were rumored to be linked to several free agent CB's. Sean Smith, Brent Grimes, Keenan Lewis and more.

We also know that Dominator wanted to re-sign our top CB, EJ Biggers, but he was never given the chance. The question is, why are these players signing elsewhere without even visiting One Buc?

The answer is really simple.  Coaches like Schiano were weeded out of the NFL decades ago. This is the reason why. It's because with the advent of free agency,  teams are vying for available players. Today's players don't want to play for this kind of coach, let alone deal with him on a daily basis.

Bennett and Biggers didn't give us a chance to sign them.  Neither did Smith,  Lewis,  or Grimes. Grimes is on the verge of signing with CLE for gods sake and he isn't even considering visiting One Buc from all indications.

Some of the fans love Schiano because of his style, but my question to these fans is how is Dominik supposed to sign a free agent CB when he can't even get any of them to visit?

LMAO at this thread after just hearing that WRIGHT helped sell Goldson on coming here. Wright ... Lol.  Yeah, Schiano is the reason we have been slow moving in FA.

Not to mention that that poll was in reaction to Schiano's run-in with Coughlin at the end of the game against the Giants. Ronde Barber loves Schiano. I'll take his word over anybody with an agenda on this board.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#166 : March 29, 2013, 12:21:17 PM

^^^^^^^
this

This guy has been on Superbowl winning teams and some of the worst teams in the last 20 years. If he says Schiano as the right stuff i'll take his word for it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#167 : March 29, 2013, 12:26:47 PM

Ronde Barber loves Schiano. I'll take his word over anybody with an agenda on this board.

Didn't you trot out this same line with Barber/Morris?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#168 : March 29, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

Ronde Barber loves Schiano. I'll take his word over anybody with an agenda on this board.

Didn't you trot out this same line with Barber/Morris?

The context of that post was that Gruden could not cultivate any loyalty among his players. He could not relate to them. Raheem could, only he went to the opposite extreme, and went out clubbing with his buddies. you can't lead and be one of the gang at the same time. In both cases Ronde stated the replacement was a solution to a problem, though he didn't use that terminology. What he actually said was something along the lines of this guy is what we needed. Just for the record, I supported Gruden and Raheem until it became obvious they were going nowhere with this team. With Gruden, that was a period of years. With Raheem, it was one season. Schiano will get the same treatment. He made a career move to come here. He wasn't fired. He could have coached Rutgers until he died if he wanted to. His players love the guy. They know how dedicated and determined he is in his job. It will be the same with the Bucs. Schiano cares about the people around him. That's the upgrade on Gruden. He knows football and how to teach. He has a maturity that Raheem lacked. Raheem could never attract the coaching staff that Schiano has. These people are respected in the world of football and they respect him enough to want to work with him. The man has great character and is highly respected by anyone who matters, and we have IDIOTS on this board who refer to him as that "ass hole". I believe the pieces are finally falling into place for this franchise, and I am so thankful Chip Kelly was afraid of the challenge.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#169 : March 29, 2013, 04:15:34 PM

Ronde Barber loves Schiano.

What makes you think that? Not saying you're wrong, just curious how you're sure.

The reason I was so certain that Ronde wasn't returning was that I had heard through what I thought was a credible source that Ronde didn't like Schiano and was definitely retiring. The fact that we're this far into the offseason without a decision makes me think that what I had heard wasn't correct.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#170 : March 29, 2013, 04:23:24 PM

Well I dont know. If he doesnt like him he would probably retire already. Why leave the team waiting after all you have been through with the team? Ronde seems like a stand up dude. I would think he would make a decision already if it came to that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#171 : March 29, 2013, 04:50:45 PM

Ronde Barber loves Schiano.

What makes you think that? Not saying you're wrong, just curious how you're sure.

The reason I was so certain that Ronde wasn't returning was that I had heard through what I thought was a credible source that Ronde didn't like Schiano and was definitely retiring. The fact that we're this far into the offseason without a decision makes me think that what I had heard wasn't correct.

What I recall was a video interview (mid to late November) on either Bucs.com or the NFLN. He was talking about the attitude adjustment seemingly made by the entire team, not just the DBs. Obviously the team was winning at the time. The December losses could have tempered his enthusiasm, but he did say Greg Schiano was exactly what this team needed. I believe Ronde is waiting to see who the Bucs get before making a decision. He might be more inclined to come back if the draft is the focus for DBs. If we get Revis and keep Wright, he might not feel he is needed.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#172 : March 29, 2013, 04:58:09 PM

That hard-azz coach that nobody wants to play for is the same guy that also brought Eric LeGrand into the fold. Class act. I'm not sweating the lack of Free Agency frenzy, I still maintain this team needs to build through the draft. But the scouting dept. needs to start having more drafts similar to last year...

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#173 : March 29, 2013, 05:16:57 PM

Well I dont know. If he doesnt like him he would probably retire already. Why leave the team waiting after all you have been through with the team? Ronde seems like a stand up dude. I would think he would make a decision already if it came to that.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. If what I had heard was true, I don't think he'd be waffling on the decision right now.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#174 : March 29, 2013, 05:28:44 PM

Wright does not appear to be a Schiano guy and just lost 7 mill and it appears that not only did he NOT trash Schiano he actually played a role in  recruiting Goldson.  This thread was absurd to start with, but the news on Wright should shut it down. Monkey is dead, show's over.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

vicious00cycle

Starter
#175 : March 29, 2013, 05:40:50 PM

Dibs on the dead monkey. I know some folks that will pay a ransom for that shizz.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#176 : March 29, 2013, 08:33:36 PM

Here is the time line:

Before the start of free agency,  Dominik hears through the grapevine that there is not much interest from free agents wishing to be Buccaneers. He realizes this is directly related to the poll earlier in the year in which Active NFL Players voted Schiano the coach that they would least like to play for.

Dom goes into damage control mode and he and Schiano decided that the best way forward was to release a statement explaining that the 1st year for Schiano was about changing the culture and then in the second year,  he would not be as strict and controlling.

Free agency began and the Buccaneers were desperate for corner help. Despite the best efforts of Dom and the FO they could not even get one single free agent CB
's interest.

Damage control part two.  Dom and Schiano decided to release another feel good story about how Schiano wants to be "closer to the team" in 2013.

I'm putting the pieces together the way I always do. I don't have inside information. I just figure things out. But someone who does have inside information is Scott Reynolds. His article that came out after most of the top free agent corners had already signed elsewhere, without even considering the Bucs, was titled "Schiano must win now". This article explains that Schiano needs to win now.

There you have it. If free agents don't want to come to play football for your team because of the coach and your team isn't winning, you are toasted.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

danlowe748

Starter

#177 : March 29, 2013, 08:39:57 PM

Here is the time line:

Before the start of free agency,  Dominik hears through the grapevine that there is not much interest from free agents wishing to be Buccaneers. He realizes this is directly related to the poll earlier in the year in which Active NFL Players voted Schiano the coach that they would least like to play for.

Dom goes into damage control mode and he and Schiano decided that the best way forward was to release a statement explaining that the 1st year for Schiano was about changing the culture and then in the second year,  he would not be as strict and controlling.

Free agency began and the Buccaneers were desperate for corner help. Despite the best efforts of Dom and the FO they could not even get one single free agent CB
's interest.

Damage control part two.  Dom and Schiano decided to release another feel good story about how Schiano wants to be "closer to the team" in 2013.

I'm putting the pieces together the way I always do. I don't have inside information. I just figure things out. But someone who does have inside information is Scott Reynolds. His article that came out after most of the top free agent corners had already signed elsewhere, without even considering the Bucs, was titled "Schiano must win now". This article explains that Schiano needs to win now.

There you have it. If free agents don't want to come to play football for your team because of the coach and your team isn't winning, you are toasted.

Very intelligent post.   I hadn't looked at it that way, but now that you have pointed it out, you appear to be correct.   

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#178 : March 29, 2013, 09:01:58 PM

Here is the time line:

's interest.

Very intelligent post.   I hadn't looked at it that way, but now that you have pointed it out, you appear to be correct.   

You two appear to have matching agendas. Do you buy from the same dealer?

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#179 : March 29, 2013, 09:05:02 PM

Here is the time line:

Where does signing Goldson fit into the timeline?

What would you put the over/under on days before you get banned again, Ku Klux Java?

Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools